MC2SIO - Load PS2 games from SD Memory Card!

Girtana1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of stock again. These things are flying off the shelf.
Got my hands on one luckily to hook my dad up with some classics he's been talking about lately, just waiting for a 128GB PNY SD card in the mail now as no SanDisk SD I have will work with it, the only reason I know its even working at all is because of a no brand 4GB SD I have on hand lol

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just curious, if there would be support for it, would it be on the software side (freemcboot) or hardware side (the mc2sio memcard itself)?
Nether of those it be on the OPL side and there is no hardware to update on the MC2SIO side its just an SD card adaptor

Reactions: fababop

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a cool project that I agree is mostly geared towards slim

if you got a phat go hdd.

even though mini router ethernet to usb is more performant and if it’s your only ps2 maybe do this but it makes the slim more cumbersome overall imo. I like the streamlined memory card solution.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received two, Really nice but its very finicky loading games on the Menu, more times then Not I have to eject the SD and plug it back in (the sd, not the MC2SIO) and I don't know if its because I was testing it on a Mac or the OPL but its picky on the ISO

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received two, Really nice but its very finicky loading games on the Menu, more times then Not I have to eject the SD and plug it back in (the sd, not the MC2SIO) and I don't know if its because I was testing it on a Mac or the OPL but its picky on the ISO
That's well known about the having to take out and put back in teto talked about it

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's well known about the having to take out and put back in teto talked about it
Yea I was following the thread..so I was expecting it but it’s just weird I have to do it 4 out of 5 times.. but I can’t wait for more software updates.. !! I’m unrealistically hoping for 100% compatibility..

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I was following the thread..so I was expecting it but it’s just weird I have to do it 4 out of 5 times.. but I can’t wait for more software updates.. !! I’m unrealistically hoping for 100% compatibility..

In game reset breaks it.

Have to just power down the system when done playing and fire the slim up again. Ideal to have fmcb auto boot into opl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo