MC2SIO - Load PS2 games from SD Memory Card!

FloDoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Getting some pretty solid compatibility so far. I'm going to be filling out the compatibility list as much as I can. I can report that SP microSD cards are working well!

Reactions: Maeson

ypcjo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got any issues with Opl not reading your card ? Just got mines and set everything up for it to run, and the only thing I can see my iso files in is from my usb. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong ?

Last edited by ypcjo,

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if you pull it out and reinsert while in OPL (MC2SIO not microSD)

I have ejected microSd and re-inserted and re-detected

I havent tried the MC2SIO but I think would be similar/the same.

if you do IGR, it breaks this so you have to power down after every game and re-power up your ps2 to get it to recognize game list again FYI

seems like something they'd have to fix on OPL side but I think the compatible build is old now (a year or so iirc) and havent seen much movement there

tempest2084

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be an odd question but does anyone know if you can use MC2SIO along with an internal HDD? I have a HDD full I games I don't want to mess with, but I'd like to add some more so I figured MC2SIO would be a good way to do that. Can you use both together or will OPL get confused?

FloDoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This may be an odd question but does anyone know if you can use MC2SIO along with an internal HDD? I have a HDD full I games I don't want to mess with, but I'd like to add some more so I figured MC2SIO would be a good way to do that. Can you use both together or will OPL get confused?
Yes, you can. The MC2SIO games show up in the USB or BDM menu and the HDD shows in the HDD menu. If you don't see the menus then you need to activate them in the settings.

tempest2084

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Second odd question: If you have a FMCB memory card in one slot and the MC2SIO in the other slot, where do you save games to? Do you have to use the FMCB memory card or can you save games to the SD card in the MC2SIO?

FloDoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks. Second odd question: If you have a FMCB memory card in one slot and the MC2SIO in the other slot, where do you save games to? Do you have to use the FMCB memory card or can you save games to the SD card in the MC2SIO?
There are only 2 versions of OPL where saves work, but they would have to go on the FMCB card, swap out for another MC after game boot (once game is booted FMCB card isn't needed for gameplay), or use VMC, VMC will write to MC2SIO, but it's super slow.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U just take the fmcb memory card out after boot and put your primary saveing card in

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install opl or go through the tutorial, but whenever I select to launch ulaunch.elf from fmcb I get a black screen.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nm, I figured it out. it was black screening on everything. the problem is the modchip. I have to press start to disable it, then reset at boot up. ulaunch is working now.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we have success. I just patched tales of destiny the director's cut into english, and I'm using mode 2 from the mc2sio. no skipping. the picture is from before I patched it, split it, then used mode 2:
20220504_185426.jpg

Reactions: cvskid and zfreeman

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the compatibility with the mc2sio the same for all compatible cards? I'm trying to figure out why Mega Man anniversary collection isn't working. Do you think a modchip could be affecting it even though it's disabled? Does that game have ap?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is anyone else having trouble inserting the micro sd card into the mc2sio? it keeps falling into the device when I try it, so I have to take off the back, then insert it, rescrew it back on. it's frustrating if you need to add or remove something.

gradius3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As I only used discs on my Phat PS2 in the past I recently bought the FreeMcBoot + MC2SIO Bundle from Helders as it seemed to be a nice and easy solution. Many games working good and I love the device. But there are more than just few games not working. So I figured trying to get games running off my HDD which I never really tried before. And I am relly at a loss here. Not sure if this is the right thread but I have a feeling it could be an issue with the OPL Beta version which is used on my MC from Helders. But maybe the issue is something else. I am trying to use MC2SIO as well as HDD on my Phat PS2 which was just confirmed to be working here in this thread.

I formatted my Seagate SATA 80GB with winhiip as well via uLaunchElf from my PS2 at a later time to just get the same result. Games could be loaded to HDD and are displayed correctly in OPL. But starting a game leaves me at the "load config" message (freeze). Trying to alter a game's setting and saving freezes my console as well.

Funny thing is, when I put the same HDD in another PHAT I own (Disc drive not working here) it works and plays those games BUT only by using some old FreeMcBoot Memory Card I have bought with it ages ago. This old MC does not work on my regular used PS2 though (MC is dispayed with corrupted data). So I tried using the Helders MC on the other PHAT, but it isn't working there.

So I have a recent FreeMcBoot MC for use with the MC2SIO on my fully functional PS2. And I have a working HDD setup with an old FreeMcBoot MC on a PS2 with a broken Disc Drive. So what can I do to have both on my functional PS2? Any suggestions? I am feeling like a dumbass here! :cry:

• Angry
Reactions: zfreeman

FloDoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As I only used discs on my Phat PS2 in the past I recently bought the FreeMcBoot + MC2SIO Bundle from Helders as it seemed to be a nice and easy solution. Many games working good and I love the device. But there are more than just few games not working. So I figured trying to get games running off my HDD which I never really tried before. And I am relly at a loss here. Not sure if this is the right thread but I have a feeling it could be an issue with the OPL Beta version which is used on my MC from Helders. But maybe the issue is something else. I am trying to use MC2SIO as well as HDD on my Phat PS2 which was just confirmed to be working here in this thread.

I formatted my Seagate SATA 80GB with winhiip as well via uLaunchElf from my PS2 at a later time to just get the same result. Games could be loaded to HDD and are displayed correctly in OPL. But starting a game leaves me at the "load config" message (freeze). Trying to alter a game's setting and saving freezes my console as well.

Funny thing is, when I put the same HDD in another PHAT I own (Disc drive not working here) it works and plays those games BUT only by using some old FreeMcBoot Memory Card I have bought with it ages ago. This old MC does not work on my regular used PS2 though (MC is dispayed with corrupted data). So I tried using the Helders MC on the other PHAT, but it isn't working there.

So I have a recent FreeMcBoot MC for use with the MC2SIO on my fully functional PS2. And I have a working HDD setup with an old FreeMcBoot MC on a PS2 with a broken Disc Drive. So what can I do to have both on my functional PS2? Any suggestions? I am feeling like a dumbass here! :cry:
AFAIK, the Helder kit comes with specific versions of OPL and FreeMCBoot, which have greater compatibility with MC2SIO. If you want to use HDD, I would suggest downloading the most recent stable build of OPL from PS2-Home and updating a FMCB card to the most recent version. That should fix your issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol