Hacking Maximillion's WBFS Gui Tool V2

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
Unless I have wbfs_win.exe in the same directory as the iso, I get this error...

'wbfs_win.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

... and I am dumped to the DOS directory of the iso. Command line version works fine.

mat03111984

Trophies
XP
Country
this is awesome. out of all the gui available (including your first effort) this is the first that works for me. easy to use too. keep at it and this could be the main app for the usbloader. great work. hope you find a way to scrubb games all in one app. keep up the great work

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ozz465 said:
looks good man ,

a question for u . how do u make it find a partition already on a drive?? i have a 1 t usb hd that has a partition of 211 gigs for the wii
the rest is fat32 and visible from my computer . the already formated wii partition is not . any ideas?
anyone got a clue about this?

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using ImgBurn to make .iso files and then add them to the WBFS drive using this batch file:

Code:
echo off
"C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE READ /SRC D: /DEST "N:\Downloads\wii_image.iso" /START /SPEED MAX /VERIFY NO /CLOSE /OVERWRITE YES
wbfs -d /dev/sdg add "n:\downloads\wii_image.iso"
wbfs ls
wbfs df
echo Rip and add completed...
pause...

Is it possible to add ImgBurn functionality to do something similar? (One click image creation and add to wbfs)

Thank

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love how everyone thinks this is an app in its own right aha and are heaping the praise on you. Anyway, clean and simple GUI, thanks (Y).

EDIT: Err, spoke too soon, the second time I opened it (I didn't move any files around either) it said 'wbfs_win.exe' is not recognised as a command, operable..., etc. Basically, for some reason it isn't picking up wbfs_win.exe correctly :\ even though it was before.
Ah well, I'm just being lazy, back to code...

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice work.
Haven't given it a whirl yet but it looks nice.
Here's a screenshot for those interested:
wbfsgui2.jpg

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maximillion said:
xiaNaix said:
wbfs_win.exe has to be in the same directory as the iso for this to work. Can you correct that please?
Are you sure it seems to work fine for me wherever the iso is.
I have the same problem, same error message: "'wbfs_win.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
Copy wbfs_win.exe (as included with gui) to ISO directory and it works fine.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
I did boy, what I want is to know in easy words what this does, like for instance and I could be wrong: "this lets you use a program to make a partition in wb... format of your hdd so you can put isos in it only that its for windows and makes it just drag and drop the isos in the hdd" is that it?

xomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used this tool to try and format a 300Gb drive I have in a Maxtor One Touch drive enclosure. It said "wbfs initialized" in the command prompt but looking in Disk Management it's still listed as NTFS and when I connect it to my Wii and launch USB Loader nothing appears in the black box, no errors no nothing. Any suggestions?

Javier78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sentinel5000 said:
I did boy, what I want is to know in easy words what this does, like for instance and I could be wrong: "this lets you use a program to make a partition in wb... format of your hdd so you can put isos in it only that its for windows and makes it just drag and drop the isos in the hdd" is that it?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144722

Yeah, that is the original thread. Just look at the screenshot, and all your questions will be answered.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ozz465 said:
anyone having problems of this app detecting ure partition on a hd?

Make sure the directory where the program is doesn't have spaces in any of the folder names and try running the apps in Administrator mode.

For those people having trouble selecting ISOs from other directories, I'll just bet it's because those directories have spaces in their names.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
How to you get the homebrew links working?
I got them, put them on a SD card then loaded HBC.
I click one, it loads then gives me a error 3 then returns to HBC.

Do I need some other files on the SD card or is it the SDHC that doesnt work with it?

The drive does spin so I put a game in the drive and the disc game booted not the ISO game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVUjbpqsE_M