Mattel shows off their upcoming Mario Kart Hot Wheels cars and racetracks

Mario_Kart_Playset.jpg

GBG26_W_20_003.jpg

Almost a complete year after Mattel's announcement that it would be partnering with Nintendo to create a die-cast Mario Kart set of cars, and a themed racetrack, have we finally received more information on the release. The upcoming toyline will feature 1:64 recreations of iconic Mario Kart racers, like Mario, Bowser, Luigi, and Yoshi. Princess Peach, Koopa, and Toad will also join the lineup sometime after the initial release. In addition, three racetracks will be available: Thwomp Ruins, Pirhana Plant Slide, and Mario Circuit. The cars and tracks are scheduled for release later this summer, and will be sold globally in "select markets".

:arrow: Source

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Do you have your own kids? It’s really fun to play with their toys with them. Sometimes I think I enjoy my son’s Legos more than he does.

Legos have way too many pieces, so is easy for kids to get bored of Lego, more so when they don't have enough pieces to build what they want. Or it gets too complicated.

I remember having much more fun with a wooden set of simpler pieces that I ever did with Legos.

Too bad I didn't keep all the pieces, nowadays it would be worth a lot since it was made of wood.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You never know, Nintendo gives F-Zero all sorts of love except for a new game

It had references in three(?) Mario Kart games through vehicles and 2 tracks, I don't see why not.

Is weird it has not got any new ports.

Is a licening rights issue or what?

Reactions: banjo2

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Neat.

Weak choice of karts for characters, mostly just the default "kart". I would have liked some of the other vehicles from the games. I hope they get released later on. Either way I'm getting Bowser and Mario for sure.

wo25YHd.jpg

Burorī

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't care if I passed the age of playing with toys, I still want this. It still looks better than those K'nex ones

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

It had references in three(?) Mario Kart games through vehicles and 2 tracks, I don't see why not.

i said that because the only thing that Nintendo does with F-Zero now is Put Falcon in Smash, make a stage in smash and sell All the F-Zero games in the e-shop WITH THE EXCEPTION OF GX AND AX, which are the best ones.

Reactions: banjo2

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

What's the third one?
Is weird it has not got any new ports.

Is a licening rights issue or what?
New games you mean?
Nintendo owns the rights so, licensing shouldn't be an issue.
But when Mario kart slot cars? Yeeee

My kids will be stoked.....for a few days anyway.
There is a Carrera set or something with Mario Kart slot cars. I remember it having Mario in the white kart from MKDS.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What's the third one?
I wasn't sure if MK7 had it.

Put Falcon in Smash, make a stage in smash
I think they're only keeping him in because he's been there since 64 tbh

5 games and he's still the only F-Zero fighter. Not that they could do a whole lot with a racing game of course, but, not even an echo?

Last edited by banjo2, , Reason: Ops

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I would have lost my shit if that existed when I was a kid, back when we had hot wheels and tracks on the floor with several custom parts, creating very cool designs!

Ahh, the memories of playing Mario Kart 64 and also pushing the remote triggers to race and miss a loop, making the tiny cars crash loudly on the other side of the room :P

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As someone who loved playing with something very similar back in the mid-1970s that belonged to my older cousin, I'm really glad they still make real toys like these. And just for the record, we played with it for about a week and then lost interest (either because of the Frisbee or because we got a used copy of Operation at a garage sale). Some things never change even if some older people tend to forget they were the same way at that age.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo made toys really suck in real life, im glad they went somewhere else. Now for them to port mario to playstation.

Quadrotix

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Almost a complete year after Mattel's announcement that it would be partnering with Nintendo to create a die-cast Mario Kart set of cars, and a themed racetrack, have we finally received more information on the release. The upcoming toyline will feature 1:64 recreations of iconic Mario Kart racers, like Mario, Bowser, Luigi, and Yoshi. Princess Peach, Koopa, and Toad will also join the lineup sometime after the initial release. In addition, three racetracks will be available: Thwomp Ruins, Pirhana Plant Slide, and Mario Circuit. The cars and tracks are scheduled for release later this summer, and will be sold globally in "select markets".

:arrow: Source
I would've loved this as a kid!

jrobertdobson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 37, and am gonna buy these... for the collectability lol... I still have a lot the old cars and a bunch of tracks from when I was way younger, and some of those cars were my uncles when he was a kid.
Some are still in package and worth a few hundred dollars. Kinda wondering if these are gonna be worth anything when my son gets my age, although they may be slightly used...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1