Mathieulh decrypts LV0 at FW 3.73

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree i know aboutt the QA Mode he found it but never released it if metadlr exploit was never leaked we would never see it honestly i hope sony sues thiss prick serves him right to release POC while showing no backbone aand beinng an ass hat

He released the QA stuff to devs that could do something with it, the same way he did with the metadlr exploit. Like I said before the average user has no need for either of those so there was no point into releasing them to the public. He could release the keys in the next 5mins but how many users would actually use those keys to build their own CFW, and how many would sit and wait until some one else built a CFW for them?

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree i know aboutt the QA Mode he found it but never released it if metadlr exploit was never leaked we would never see it honestly i hope sony sues thiss prick serves him right to release POC while showing no backbone aand beinng an ass hat

He released the QA stuff to devs that could do something with it, the same way he did with the metadlr exploit. Like I said before the average user has no need for either of those so there was no point into releasing them to the public. He could release the keys in the next 5mins but how many users would actually use those keys to build their own CFW, and how many would sit and wait until some one else built a CFW for them?

If he released them to the public, more people outside the dev country club could maybe take a crack at it.

(Of course he doest have to--it's his 'property'--but it's not really a reasonable argument that, because he gave it to a select few in the 'priesthood', that it wouldn't be beneficial for those not deemed 'worthy' to lay hands on it.)

heat6jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about someone but there is no need for name calling someone.
Just because he did something you all are waiting for, there is always an easy solution go to a store and buy the games you dying to play.
Personally I cannot get angry with him, sure it would of been awesome for him to release it but, majority of ppl who posting in this thread do not appreciate his work as it is.

Conclussion:
If you wanna be angry at someone be angry at the person that leaked his "metldr", that is the true person who truely cockblocked you all.
You cannot blame Mathieulh.

Even if you buy the game from the store, it won't play unless you update your PS3 firmware.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I didn't so much as insult as I simply asked why the scene has such an odd following.
Phrases like "Not commenting the source is a sign of egotism." and your multiple complaints about the scene for not hand-holding gave off a far different impression.

Every second post is someone bashing math, every first post is someone defending him. This topic in itself is flame bait. That said, remain calm dude. I'm not attacking you and I have no intention of dragging out the troll fest.
Every PS3 thread is like this here for some reason (and as you can tell it pisses a bunch of us off).

I just wish it was more like a programmers community. Hackers really are too different from myself.
Well there's often overlap, but I've run across a few documents and interviews and such that clear up a lot about the mentality. I don't have any of the links handy, but next time I run across one I'll try to remember to link you (or just post in this thread), they're an interesting read.

On the topic of having others do it for me, that's human nature. Why reinvent the wheel if I don't have too?
Perfectly understandable. I certainly shy away from things that look like they'll take too much work and gravitate towards things that look easy, but in this world some of the things that haven't been done yet are like that because they're much harder... that's why there's so much personal reward for hackers when they accomplish it (and possibly 15 minutes of fame to go along with it).

It's cool if he doesn't want to release it. I though about it and then realized this news story was posted because of his twitter. He didn't ask for it to be posted. So he's not really holding it over every one's head. It's the ops fault for picking the story up off of other news sites.
Gah I'm so glad you have some common sense. I usually have to try my damndest to hammer that point into people.

With teams like Team Duplex the work will eventually come out. I just hope math dosen't do a Geohot. I hope he claps and nods instead. Hopefully from his twitter.
As stated, he's been a mainstay in the PSP and PS3 scene, he's not stupid.

He's just pretty pissed right now, and hopefully you understand why.

I like you 100% sure he is making it up. Would you like to share the evidence that you have to back you up?
"lolwut this obama guy says he can do some legal stuff? whatever man"

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he released them to the public, more people outside the dev country club could maybe take a crack at it.

(Of course he doest have to--it's his 'property'--but it's not really a reasonable argument that, because he gave it to a select few in the 'priesthood', that it wouldn't be beneficial for those not deemed 'worthy' to lay hands on it.)

But if that happened he would have had a thousand noobs asking the same questions over and over again. When it was easier to release to devs that could make a noob friendly way to use it. I agree to the point that yeah some people would get it that know what to do with his stuff but there are tons of noobs that dont

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
The egotism comment isn't directed exclusively at math. It comes from a slew of stories regarding programing companies and certain employees. The guy who helped me learn cpp had at the time hired on with some company with the word 'solutions' in it's name. This was years ago so it all kind of fades together. He told me that the first task he was given was to comment something like thirty programs that the last guy had written. Apparently the recently terminated guy was some young college grad who had complete domain over the source codes that the company had written. A stupid move to be sure. Regardless, the guy who had the task of commenting the code said it was a nightmare. With zero documentation and no comments he basically had to step through the code line by line. It took him months to finish the task and he told me that he could have rewrote the software faster than he commented it due to having no idea how the last guy handled the tasks. It was at this point in his story that the IRC started flooding with horror stories other people had seen or been through.

Ever since then I've gone to pain staking effort to make damn sure that my code is given a ridicules amount of commenting. I assume the person looking at my code has no idea how to program and go from there. That's why I say that people who don't comment are egotists. If I took something a programmer had written say two years ago and randomly pointed to a function and asked, "What does that do?" I can guarantee that without documentation they will read through the whole function and in most cases they will check to see what calls that function before they can tell me what it does. Egotists assume that they will always remember what a function does because they are special in some way. That's why I claim egotism when I read uncommented source code. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Again, I don't mind how long it takes for the PS3 to get exploited completely. I have all the time in the world. I stopped playing games on my PS3 a while back after completely beating all of Disgaea 3. Not being able to play a full English copy of Disgaea 4 has actually saved me from a time sink I didn't need. Right now my PS3 is pretty much a media server.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's still overarching to claim a lack of commenting in programming in general is due to egotism. In some languages the function names aren't really describe, while in other languages they can consist of a few words (such as imagefilledrectangle() in GD) and depending on the size of the script and how descriptive the variable names are commenting may not be needed.

In this specific case, what was leaked was not meant to be released in the first place, meaning he did NOT plan that way.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This "look what I can do" has happened in the psp scene too.
At first glance, yeah it'll piss people off that don't know how to do it.
Then there's the people that'll find it/figure it out and leak it.
This little game has been played before.
*yawn*

Critica1

Trophies
Website
www.onehitgamer.com
XP
Country
United States
It's still overarching to claim a lack of commenting in programming in general is due to egotism. In some languages the function names aren't really describe, while in other languages they can consist of a few words (such as imagefilledrectangle() in GD) and depending on the size of the script and how descriptive the variable names are commenting may not be needed.

In this specific case, what was leaked was not meant to be released in the first place, meaning he did NOT plan that way.

Just to add on; what your referring to are NIDs which are in short a hash of a function name variable. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all use proprietary programming functions that are completely unique and are based of the hardware of the system.

Reverse engineering is no joke. Especially on these sort of closed-environment systems. When you reverse engineer on these systems, you need to remember that these systems use their own set of functions that are no where identical else in the world. Meaning, you'd first start off by understanding the variance of the ram. Look for possible exploits to dump any ASM. Then reverse or *convert* into C/C++ pseudo based off your own understanding of the ASM and how to interpret it. This task to pull off could take many tries to perfect the code. Even if you think it's perfect, you can't be 100% sure.

Math is the 1% who can do this (thanks to a few other heads around jumping on the exploits released) Every hater who can't realize the task he overcame can suck it. Just more people who think their entitled to things that they don't deserve.

Bluemoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no reason for Mathieulh to release anything related to leaked project. His work was published by a peer without his consent, it is one of those situations where there is no give and take, just take. Though that is sort of the nature of the beast in and of itself. By stating it is possible he is hoping for someone to come along and finish his work, would you really want to work hard on something and then not see it completed, when you know that it does exactly what it was designed to do, I think not. He has an attachment to the project, and he wants to see it finished, regardless of how he feels about his work being leaked.

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Math is the 1% who can do this

Which is why the ps3 scene won't go anywhere until he releases things, kissing his ass long enough won't make him have a change of heart either. You can ask me if I can do better or call me ungrateful, it still doesn't change the fact that he's the sole reason why the scene is stagnant. What ever happened to releasing things annonymously?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly, these past 2 months i bought 6 games for my ps3. and i am proud of that fact. I see no point in the ps3 being hacked if all people want to do with it is use the hack to give themselves fake platinums they didnt earn. I'm not saying that its that big of a deal, but one my main issues is getting rewards without earning them. That said, if this were to be released, redone by others, or (in the case of it being fake) finally completed, then what? everyone downloads, the internet turns into a shitstorm, while everyone asks how to set this up without any credit or even knowledge of who to thank. then worst case scenario it all happens over again, where they dont want to release the update, and then every one starts asking "oh'z no'z, i updooted my P-ess-tree, and now it dont work no more. fix it pl0x. what? you cant fix it? well fuck you! you suck and go die"

EDIT: Irrelevant rant was irrelevant, but its how i feel. also i feel like those of us who are complaining about how he hasnt released shit, should consider shutting up unless they decide to pick their asses up and decide to learn how to do this shit themselves. but even then they dont fully have the right to complain. but they would be more appreciative if and when it was finally released.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
This thread serves one purpose and that's to feed egoshot jr some attention. MODS please close this ridiculous topic.
Posting in a thread without reading it makes you look silly.
I have already read the whole thread...assuming things makes u look like an ass.
You stated the thread's topic was something that it's not, so I still don't believe you've read it.

A thread full of insults to a guy is not something I'd consider made to boost his ego.

Unless you're reading out of a different dictionary or something.

Or just trolling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==