Mathieulh decrypts LV0 at FW 3.73

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, I pay attention to the ps3 scene. it's an absolute joke! there r a million wannabe hackers including math. oh, did I forget to mention...I made a 3ds flash cart in my spare time, but I don't think the world is quite ready for my awesomeness. I'll just hold on to the information for a while. once someone actually releases something for public consumption I'll come out and claim full responsibility. I guess it's not surprising that he "hacks" sony-branded consoles/portables considering sony does the same thing. I can't tell u how many times I've heard the story of how sony created man.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if ur talking to me, my problem with sony is not the inability to pirate games. it's the way they've treated their customers and their loyal fanbase in recent years. sony talks down to them every chance they get--insulting their intelligence and putting corporate profits above consumer protection (ie: if sony were to build a car, they'd build one without airbags and seatbelts just to save a few bucks). and, of course their inflated ego turns a lot of people, including myself, off from ever buying another sony product again. they also represent a do nothing and get paid for it attitude: they allow other companies to take the risks, and then release an almost identical product months later as if they thought of it first. maybe if they hired competent, talented people this wouldn't happen.

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
godreborn - Normally I'm not a grammar Nazi, but seriously dude. Use periods and paragraphs. Also capitalizing the first character of a sentence would make your post way more potent. Otherwise I agree.

Hyro-Sama - It's less about pirating games and more a question of why someone would allow ethics to stop them from releasing, yet ego would make them release should someone else come close to claiming credit for a first release. That's where my sticking point is. I wish Math wouldn't have tweeted this. It's a can of worms.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
One man is not the scene, and the people that make these things are often not the people who make the guides.
It's proper educate to at least comment the source code. Not just for the people who may use it, but for the original author as well. Not commenting the source is a sign of egotism. After programming in c and cpp and reading twenty or so books on it, it's generally agree upon to comment the source. The original author may be able to figure out what they did, but not always. It isn't a matter of skill either. I write tight compact reusable code in the style of object oriented and I say from experience that commenting the code has saved me five to thirty minutes of searching. The only non-code in math's leak is the output strings. A lot of those are vague as well.

That said, math did try to document what he did later in a tweet. It was horrible. It was easier to follow the source code than the garbage he spewed out. I read his 'guide' and then read the main sub. It took a little following, but what he said he did and what the program did were barely compatible. It's obvious that his tweet was an attempt to dissuade people from attempting to use the source. It was like in star trek where they use a complex explanation for something simple.
I haven't looked into it so I can't try to argue what his intentions are, but I have a feeling you're making too many overarching generalizations (specifically the quip about egotism).

Rydian said:
If I had to show somebody how to write a plugin like that, however... I wouldn't. Anybody that needs to know how to write a specific plugin like that doesn't know enough to begin. They should learn more things in general, and practice making a few plugins before going for something so complex.

That's what I'm talking about. A determined answer with a vague solution. I don't use Linux. I didn't say I can't. I choose not to. A lack of an advantage isn't a weakness. The whole compile your own linux was fun for a while. But in the end I wanted something that was easy to use for day to day life that didn't require a thousand config text files. Sure I can setup wine, but why do that when I don't have the moral issues that seem to plague the more talented?
Yet you want to hack consoles?!? That's like 5000% doing shit yourself by hand, trial-and-error!

A plugin is far from complex.
You have not clicked the link, I see. The example is not a simple "display some info on the screen" plugin or "give the user the ability to edit a value" plugin or even an "add a second routine that's run alongside a specific first one" plugin.

The easy way to explain how to make a plugin would be to explain the source.
To somebody that can't code, that's useless. From your post I assumed that was the situation you were complaining about. My point is if they can't code, they have a lot more to do BEFORE learning about a specific thing.

I've made a few plugin's for Macroquest. A plugin is in fact very simple most of the time. It extends something that is already made. In Macroquest's example, all the library's are fully explained and the hooks are in the main program. When I was asked how to make a plugin I didn't have to point too far since all the tools and example documentation are included with the Macroquest source which doesn't come precompiled. Every time I download a plugin for my PSP it's already compiled and usually finding the source is a pain. Then the source isn't documents at all.

It's not a challenge, it's plain unfair. Saying that I'm not smart enough is just an excuse the programmers are using to cover up a deficiency.The sad part is that one time I asked for a guide on how to set the PSP SDK up for Visual Studio 2008. I was told that since I didn't already know, I wasn't smart enough to use it. Let's not forget the douche bags who give me a 'Let me google that for you' link with a search parameter I already tried. It's to the point where I don't ask a question unless it's become a serious issue. Then I don't expect intelligent answers. When I get a good answer on the first response I almost faint.
This is honestly not a troll; You're just bitter, dude. These posts are full of you downgrading other people for not doing shit for you.

These people have hacked systems, released firmware modifications and homebrew tools, and people like you still complain and insult them and put them down.

IT'S FUCKING DISGUSTING!

When you can show me a bank statement that marks the payments you've made to people, then I'll listen to you bitch about them not doing shit for you.

You've got the same attitude as half the people in this thread, the main difference is you're educated (but still being bratty).

Rydian said:
Didn't he say that the leak was the final straw?
If it's the final straw why did he feel the need to rush the next step?
There's TWO acts in question, not one. One act is encouraging development, one is doing development. He stopped publicly doing, but still wants to encourage.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mathieulh is a very talented dev. As Rydian stated, he has contributed a lot to both the PSP and PS3 scenes. Perhaps people ITT wouldn't be so "mad" if Mathieulh would actually acknowledge the fact that he is still very much active and interested in the PS3 scene despite his previously tweeted comments that he is done with the PS3 scene. I think it's his lack of commitment or lack thereof that sets people off at times. Irregardless, I think this is wonderful news for the PS3 scene as a whole.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this thread is sad. also c4eva (x360 scene god) is the perfect example of how one should conduct themselves with regards to the scene and the people that they serve. this guy is also sad.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Mathieulh is a very talented dev. As Rydian stated, he has contributed a lot to both the PSP and PS3 scenes.

Math was a part of the team that effectively WAS the PSP scene for the longest amount of time. He doesn't need fame or glory any more as anyone with a PSP is likely to owe him a debt of thanks, and the fact that he's still active and pushing after all this time is something to be grateful for. Math has been a mainstay of the PS3 scene and to get annoyed with him rather than a guy who glory hunts is idiotic. Perhaps if this hadn't happened to him and DAX before with Miriam/Helldash he'd be less jaded but as it goes he has every right to say and do what he wants without feeling compelled to support people who bite the hand that feeds.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
He did the right thing not releasing this exploit, he has already taken a lot of risks by releasing those infos (and we all know how crazy sony can go with their army of angry lawyers).

Ending up in jail for quite a long time, with you and almost all your family ruined, for a bunch of guys that keeps spitting on you/hating you? Not worth it.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guy IS a douchebag. He's not being self-righteous or anything of the sort. If he was, he wouldn't be HACKING A FUCKING SYSTEM! He's just a prissy little punk who wants to show off because he still lives with his mother and watches reruns of Star Trek and will never GET ANY because he's too busy trying to "hack stuff" just to brag. If you have NOTHING to give to the scene, then SHUT UP! We don't want to hear you. He cries and whines about how he's done, but yet does something like this. He's feeding off of all of you. He's just an attention whore. STOP PAYING ATTENTION TO HIM! Let him go away! He doesn't DESERVE our respect nor our attention! Flame me if you want, but I live in the REAL WORLD and this is how things work here.
I agree i know aboutt the QA Mode he found it but never released it if metadlr exploit was never leaked we would never see it honestly i hope sony sues thiss prick serves him right to release POC while showing no backbone aand beinng an ass hat

ficarra1002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, if he don't want to release stuffs, he should shut up about it instead of rubbing our faces in it.

Than you people wonder why people hates the little dude so much.

Seems the guy wants to be hated on purpose. Oh but wait, that's basically the definition of an attention whore.

Note: I obviously don't care about what you people think of me at all.
Please, for your own sake, shut the fuck up.
Every post you make, makes you look younger and dumber.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
This is what Math wants you guys. :lol:
Mathieulh is a very talented dev. As Rydian stated, he has contributed a lot to both the PSP and PS3 scenes. Perhaps people ITT wouldn't be so "mad" if Mathieulh would actually acknowledge the fact that he is still very much active and interested in the PS3 scene despite his previously tweeted comments that he is done with the PS3 scene. I think it's his lack of commitment or lack thereof that sets people off at times. Irregardless, I think this is wonderful news for the PS3 scene as a whole.
In my opinion I think he's trying to go the whole "angry teacher route", it's a little cliche (publicly showing a lack of care while still dropping some core hints) and I don't think it's best suited for the scene, but yeah it's obvious he wants to be helpful but that's offset by how much bullshit he's been getting making him angry.

Math was a part of the team that effectively WAS the PSP scene for the longest amount of time. He doesn't need fame or glory any more as anyone with a PSP is likely to owe him a debt of thanks, and the fact that he's still active and pushing after all this time is something to be grateful for. Math has been a mainstay of the PS3 scene and to get annoyed with him rather than a guy who glory hunts is idiotic. Perhaps if this hadn't happened to him and DAX before with Miriam/Helldash he'd be less jaded but as it goes he has every right to say and do what he wants without feeling compelled to support people who bite the hand that feeds.
I can't say I fully agree with his methods, but it's obvious he still wants to help... just not directly by doing things himself, seeing the mental maturity of many in the PS3 scene (this thread is a prime example of the dumbassery surrounding it).

I agree i know aboutt the QA Mode he found it but never released it if metadlr exploit was never leaked we would never see it honestly i hope sony sues thiss prick serves him right to release POC while showing no backbone aand beinng an ass hat
The Fuck™?
So you're saying that you want Sony to sue him because he didn't release some shit that would give Sony an excuse to sue him?

Reactions: 2 people

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I didn't so much as insult as I simply asked why the scene has such an odd following. Every second post is someone bashing math, every first post is someone defending him. This topic in itself is flame bait. That said, remain calm dude. I'm not attacking you and I have no intention of dragging out the troll fest.

I just wish it was more like a programmers community. Hackers really are too different from myself.

On the topic of having others do it for me, that's human nature. Why reinvent the wheel if I don't have too? It's cool if he doesn't want to release it. I though about it and then realized this news story was posted because of his twitter. He didn't ask for it to be posted. So he's not really holding it over every one's head. It's the ops fault for picking the story up off of other news sites.

With teams like Team Duplex the work will eventually come out. I just hope math dosen't do a Geohot. I hope he claps and nods instead. Hopefully from his twitter.

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guy IS a douchebag. He's not being self-righteous or anything of the sort. If he was, he wouldn't be HACKING A FUCKING SYSTEM! He's just a prissy little punk who wants to show off because he still lives with his mother and watches reruns of Star Trek and will never GET ANY because he's too busy trying to "hack stuff" just to brag. If you have NOTHING to give to the scene, then SHUT UP! We don't want to hear you. He cries and whines about how he's done, but yet does something like this. He's feeding off of all of you. He's just an attention whore. STOP PAYING ATTENTION TO HIM! Let him go away! He doesn't DESERVE our respect nor our attention! Flame me if you want, but I live in the REAL WORLD and this is how things work here.

Bold: You do realize, in a way, you are contradicting yourself.
Why should he "deserve" any respect? He released an exploit, posted about how it is possible, and with that made it possible for others who may put up ways to do for you spoon-feeders.
Side note: Last time I checked, the real world isn't a complete ass, like yourself. Based on your reply, I say you live in the forum world and not the "real" world.

JPhantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those not believing him because he has not given us proof are missing that he wants to make a point. what proof could he reasonably provide that would not help others to decrypt it.

I'm sure there is probably something he could use to prove he has decrypted this without actually giving us the decrypted L0 or helping us to that goal. but it would most likely require an independent decryption to verify it. such as he could give us a small snippet of it of reasonable length an.dd not tell us what part of L0 it was from then once someone else decrypts it it could be seen that the part he gave us was actually in L0 thereby proving he had it decrypted, but even that would not be usable till someone else decrypts it and it is possible that something like that would help others to crack it. he wants people to know he cracked it but at least for the time being he does not want to actually help others do it.

I don't want to argue about whether this makes him a jerk or not(although I personally think it is his prerogative). but until someone can show an easy way of proving he has decrypted it without helping anyone decrypt it then this should not stand majorly in the way of his credibility. Given what else he has done before this is highly unlikely to be a hoax

S

squall_leonhart

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about someone but there is no need for name calling someone.
Just because he did something you all are waiting for, there is always an easy solution go to a store and buy the games you dying to play.
Personally I cannot get angry with him, sure it would of been awesome for him to release it but, majority of ppl who posting in this thread do not appreciate his work as it is.

Conclussion:
If you wanna be angry at someone be angry at the person that leaked his "metldr", that is the true person who truely cockblocked you all.
You cannot blame Mathieulh.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.