Status
Not open for further replies.

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Why are there still people calling bullshit when there is actual legitimate proof IOSU exists now? I get people are wary after Christmas last year but like seriously wtf is wrong with people? There is this little thing called cautiously optimistic where you wait for something you want but in the end don't really care whether it actually happens or not. There is no need under any circumstance to bitch and call devs liars and full of shit. God, I hate this instant gratification culture I live in. Please, if you're my age or younger, get a grip. The world does not revolve around you getting what you want or your precious IOSU. It will continue on, and some of you will just cry over spilled milk. Update if you want to update, don't if you don't. There is legitimately no real reason to not update. But if you don't want to, that's fine, your prerogative. But don't actively bitch at developers when they are legitimately just giving some throwaway advice. Take it or leave it, don't get salty for actually NO fucking reason.

Are you saying that if I make predictions about IOSU and those predictions I pulled from my ass don't come true, I'm a total numpty for complaining?

I'M TELLING MY MOM ON YOU.

But, seriously... last couple of comments you've posted on the attitudes of some people here towards this have been on point. Heaven forbid it does happen (it'd be nice... but, honestly... I'm pretty sure I'll make no good use of it myself... unless it makes something like the JP eShop available... which is mixed blessing because I'll make myself poor) and PSXEmuZ™ don't magically appear on Day 1. This board will also be pretty scary if a bunch of people don't update now like advised and Nintendo DO update the firmware. Christ, the potential horror of that.. D:

Reactions: CJB100

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a bit of a fallacy, I mean sure you have to run your browser everytime but even with IOSU you still have to run something everytime too.

Well even if that's true, I'm sure eventually an IOSU exploit can lead to something like or similar to A9LH where you can boot right way into a mode where you don't have to run something separately to get the exploit running properly.

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sumimasen:

WiiU_5_5_1_kernel_keys_hykem.jpg

Quote:

"Obviously, the Wii U is why I’m writing all this.
Many people are still angry, frustrated or disappointed at me for events I cannot take back and for that I apologize.
I apologize to everyone who stood by my side waiting for my work.

I was really excited that after 2 years of working alongside so many talented developers trying to crack down the Wii U’s security model we were finally looking at its “guts”.
It was a roller coaster of emotions as we kept breaking the several layers of this system and began learning a lot about it.
Our intentions were, from the get go, to open the console to everyone and watch a new homebrew scene flourish as many did before with consoles like the Wii or the 3DS.
While we achieved some success, the last layer of security was still in the way to provide a powerful platform for homebrew.
While I was working on breaking this, another group completely smashed the console’s security, which made me jump the gun and tell everyone about my plans. Big mistake.

What followed that was a big, big mess…"

More here: http://wololo.net/2016/08/18/farewell-note-hykem/

So hykem is off the scene, "confirms" there is a 5.5.1 exploit, drops the mic and exits stage left. Now think about what I said in the previous post about the update potentially being a piss take, consider the brouhaha that went on with this chap and then put the digits together and see what you think.

Admittedly the dudes in the OP seem to be legit with their developments, whether they release is another thing but the issue that 5.5.1 isn't on any discs that we know of and may not be just like the magical 3DS firmware that all wanted after the fact.

Decisions decisions...

How many of y'all have updated and do you think this is the real thing (this time)?

I liked your first post because I thought it was a joke. This is a very laughably bad theory. I would not put any faith in it. People typically say what they mean. Add in the fact that MANY people have all said the same thing here. Ya IOSU is coming for 5.5.1.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
I liked your first post because I thought it was a joke. This is a very laughably bad theory. I would not put any faith in it. People typically say what they mean. Add in the fact that MANY people have all said the same thing here. Ya IOSU is coming for 5.5.1.

Just checking bud, you can never be to sure with the "scene" these days, especially considering the antics that have occurred and the masses of unwashed filthy heathens with their dirty piracy laden mouths banging on the solid gold doors of the ivory towers that the hackers live within surrounded by a bevy of IOSU exploits that do their bidding as they fire diamond tipped arrows at the crowds below and occasionaly urinate on them from a great height, which further inspires their insipid rage and fevered forum posting.

That and I like introducing an alternate perspective to muddy the pristine waters at every chance I get :rofl2:

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
Considering I buy all my Wii U games I'm only waiting for the isou exploit so I can emulate other systems and hopefully systems like Dreamcast, 3DO & Saturn. Yes I can already emulate these systems on my gaming latop but playing these systems via the gamepad would be rather cool indeed and more comfortable. The people who are bitching about the isou exploit I suspect want it to pirate games more then anything. Yes you can already pirate games but it's not the best way and the isou exploit will probably make it alot easier to play pirated games. Them same people don't deserve the exploit so make them wait even if it means I have to wait too

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get excited for this then remember I only play one game regularly on Wii U and I already own it. Still will be fun to setup though.

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
Well even if that's true, I'm sure eventually an IOSU exploit can lead to something like or similar to A9LH where you can boot right way into a mode where you don't have to run something separately to get the exploit running properly.
My (very limited) understanding is that is possible but won't be included as it poses a risk to the user. Something about needing to manually launch it so you know that it's running because you can't tell if it's running or not once it's running (the dashboard looks identical to the stock dash) and if you do some task while its running you can fully brick your system to the point you have to solder wires to the mainboard in order to recover it.

Now the YouTube video I saw with this information was posted a year or so ago and the guy making the video talked about creating a dummy channel that does nothing but serves the purpose of telling the user they're in the CFW dash and not the stock dash. Of course things might have changed, heck for all I know SALTs CFW might be totally different to the one I saw.

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My (very limited) understanding is that is possible but won't be included as it poses a risk to the user. Something about needing to manually launch it so you know that it's running because you can't tell if it's running or not once it's running (the dashboard looks identical to the stock dash) and if you do some task while its running you can fully brick your system to the point you have to solder wires to the mainboard in order to recover it.

Now the YouTube video I saw with this information was posted a year or so ago and the guy making the video talked about creating a dummy channel that does nothing but serves the purpose of telling the user they're in the CFW dash and not the stock dash. Of course things might have changed, heck for all I know SALTs CFW might be totally different to the one I saw.

You aren't talking about smealums video are you? That was very cool stuff but I would suspect a CFW nowadays would probably be much more revised. Not perfect, for sure, but much closer to a consumerish product.

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
You aren't talking about smealums video are you? That was very cool stuff but I would suspect a CFW nowadays would probably be much more revised. Not perfect, for sure, but much closer to a consumerish product.

Yeah, I'd hope so. Think it was that video I saw, did he have wires dangling out of his console?

Last edited by Dungeonseeker,

loco365

Trophies
XP
just curious
does this "IOSU exploit" use something that is exclusive to FW 5.5.1? or there's still possibility to be backported to earlier FWs?

just to be clear, I'm only asking if there's any rumors related to this floating around the forum
From what I've heard, 5.5.1 is optimal for it and anything under that is messy to deal with and hasn't been completely tested and could even be dangerous.

Reactions: Mathew_Wi and Garou

loco365

Trophies
XP
Last edited by loco365,

Atro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, the thing about the SALT team is that they teased something huge in the past, and then ultimately decided to stay closed source. I don't doubt that they actually have cracked 5.5.1 IOSU. Not in the slightest. What I and most others doubt is whether they release or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: