Master System on the VC

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by CockroachMan, Jan 25, 2008.

Jan 25, 2008

Master System on the VC by CockroachMan at 1:07 PM (1,249 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. CockroachMan
    OP

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    SEGA confirmed today that, starting February (in Japan), the Wii Virtual Console will start receiving Sega Master System games.
    First titles announced are Hokuto no Ken (600 points) and Fantasy Zone (500 points).
    With the Master System, SEGA will also distribute Game Gear and Sega Mark III games on the VC.

source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/847/847651p1.html

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Bah 500 points is too much for most of these games, while some are worth it others are definitely not.

3. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    well it's all good, assuming virtual console eventually gets hacked.

4. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I cannot get excited over Master System appearing on the VC list. Maybe if some more CD based consoles appeared I'd be excited but that's just wishful thinking.

5. CockroachMan
    OP

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Indeed.. Nintendo is charging way to much for 20 year old games.. specially if you consider that the cost for this is almost none!

6. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Man, I am *SO* sick of seeing people bitching about how much Nintendo charges for Virtual Console games.

Isn't it *OBVIOUS* to you people by now that they are *NOT* in fact charging too much? Millions of games have been purchased at the current prices and the Wii Virtual Console is an unqualified success.

Perhaps you guys are just cheap ass pirates who have no appreciation of the true value of a good game.

As for me, I don't have a Wii, but if I did I'd be all over SMS games on the VC. The Master System is one of the best consoles of all time.

...word is bondage...

7. Shinster

Member Shinster GBAtemp Regular

Philippines

I agree on this one. Although I also have a modded Wii I buy games I like and download VC games from the Wii Shop channel as a way to support good games.

8. bollocks

Member bollocks GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    hit the nail on the head there. you don't see people bitching about paying full price for re-releases of an old movie or album - it's a phenomenon unique to videogames.