Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I just hope the add auto save recognitionÂ
tongue.gif

I really hate the way the manage there save database, get rid of it!
If you still keep the database, then i DO hope it adds the save type of newer games once you set it mannually.

Now you have to set it every time agian when you play the same game, untill you download a newer unofficial database.
that has the last games listed (hopefully)

Or you could update the save list yourself. There's a program called 5save that you can drop a ROM onto and select the save type then it'll be added to the save list, which you copy over to your card. That way you don't have to constantly select the save type before playing the newer games.

The reason the save type button combination on the loader doesn't actually keep the save type next time you start up is because these tiny little writes to the micro SD card can corrupt it. Better the way it is than losing all your data on the card.

Auto save recognition would be nice if they could do it. But as it stands the current set up increases game compatibility. For example Zelda DS needed an update from the R4 team to get it to work where as it worked right off the bat with the EZV.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Exclusive Pics

ez150-1.jpg
ez150-2.jpg

ez150-4.jpg
ez150-5.jpg

ez150-6.jpg
ez150-7.jpg

ez150-8.jpg

This information is from the test version of the firmware that does not have all the features in it yet, for example clicking 'cheats' will do nothing. So take this with a grain of salt.

- Touchscreen buttons to control the file browser
- Music playback while browsing other files
- You can set the top screen to 'small icon' or 'large icon', both use the DS ROMs internal icon
- The digital 24hour time is shown in the top right
- You can touch the 'type' section to cycle between save types
- There appears to be no soft reset for ROMs built-in (in this test version)
- The save list is still present and seems to work exactly the same
- The new kernel is over 1MB big where as the old one is about 700kb. It takes longer to write the kernel to the card

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i'm an ez4 owner.. why upgrade?
biggrin.gif

I was also an EZ4 owner (still have it around in a drawer). EZ5 is better - compatibility and battery life are both vastly improved, as well as the easier method of moving ROMs to the card (drag and drop, no client needed) and simpler GBA linking support. Also tack in the linkage with the 3-in-1 and you have yourself a pretty dynamo setup.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've always been able to use the touchscreen for the filebrowser on the EZV. The file browser is based on Moonshell and Moonshell has always had an option in the INI for changing which screen the file selector is on. When you put it on the bottom screen, it's touch sensitive.

The new skin looks nice, but it seems awfully lazy that they would leave the Cingular logo there like that. And laziness isn't exactly something I like to see in a flash cart manufacturer. Though it's not something I'm surprised to see, either.

...word is bondage...

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You've always been able to use the touchscreen for the filebrowser on the EZV. The file browser is based on Moonshell and Moonshell has always had an option in the INI for changing which screen the file selector is on. When you put it on the bottom screen, it's touch sensitive.

The new skin looks nice, but it seems awfully lazy that they would leave the Cingular logo there like that. And laziness isn't exactly something I like to see in a flash cart manufacturer. Though it's not something I'm surprised to see, either.

...word is bondage...
the skinmaker who leaked the beta made the iphone skin, not the ezteam...

ASK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This UI makes no sense. It is horribly designed, horribly cluttered, and what's with the "iPhone" and "cingular" text? Holy hell. I own an EZV and I do love it...but I really don't want to touch this upgrade with a 10 foot pole

L

leeisl

This UI makes no sense. It is horribly designed, horribly cluttered, and what's with the "iPhone" and "cingular" text? Holy hell. I own an EZV and I do love it...but I really don't want to touch this upgrade with a 10 foot pole

It's an IPhone style skin
unsure.gif
, why wouldn't it be there? I don't think that's even an official skin from reading the skinner's posts on the chinese forums.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am about to buy either the EZ5 or G6 Real ... This new layout is REALLY ugly IMO :'(

So use a different skin when it's released. No big deal. Don't make your choice on eye candy alone, go for features. If you like the featureset of the EZ5 over the G6, buy the EZ5 or visa versa.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 2 cents... I hope it works as good as it looks because the EZV users have been waiting a very long time for an update. If it is buggy like major updates of the EZ4 (and even from the few minor updates to the EZV) have shown to be then it will be a huge letdown. In short.. I hope it's not too little, too late. I'm very tempted to install the leaked update but think I will wait until an official update is released for fear of bugs...
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up