Mass Effect: Constant Loading?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Gaisuto, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Gaisuto
    OP

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    Mass Effect is the only 360 game I've seen where it is constantly reading data off of the disc, even when there's nothing going on.

This is not a good thing for this system, as it constantly gives a "Disc Cannot Be Read" message every 20 minutes or so for no particular reason at all. There are the parts in the game where you have a mandatory 5 minute Mako run that you cannot avoid, end up dying a lot, having to redo it, so I finally get to the end and "DISC CANNOT BE READ."

And before I forget to mention, this is the only game that gives the message.

2. JKR Firefox

JKR Firefox Back.

Nov 18, 2006
    Canada
    Canada
    I don't think I've seen that error on my new 360 but I know I've seen it a nice few times on my old one, along with some red lights (someone tell me if they've heard of that error before LOL). I also believe it is because the disc is constantly streaming data it causes the Xbox to stop reading it. Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and Skate. are a few games I've seen it occur in.

~Fitzy~

3. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    Hmm try reburning it maybe? Burn at a dif speed then last time. or even on a dif burner if you can.

Towards the end it started iving me DRE's but when I took it out I ealized it had huge gashes in the bottom. So I reburnt.

4. 754boy

754boy :D

Banned
    Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    Mississippi
    Mine doesn't do that. It streams alot of data but not all the time.

5. JKR Firefox

JKR Firefox Back.

Nov 18, 2006
    Canada
    Canada
    My 360 is legit ATM. I never even thought about the possibility that his was modded.

~Fitzy~

6. Gaisuto
    OP

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    Nope, legit console on a legit disc. My modded one got Red Ringed.

7. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    yeah i remember jericho and orange box were giving me trouble when i burnt at 2.4x so i reburnt them at 4x and the loading screw ups stopped