Reactions: XavyrrVaati

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Or we could go that route too. But there's some really great themes in here that would be great as home menu themes.

...Mad World then Warioware.
Thanks! I'll try to work on something soon. Not sure if I should make a 3ds theme into a hbl theme or the other way around. :rofl2:

Torisuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a Trails in the Sky based theme that I made in commemoration of Trails SC actually releasing in English.

p5aXP3r.png

mQJbPQJ.png

This a low-key but sorta busy theme, so getting the text in a legible state without being able to modify the font took quite a bit of tweaking, but I'm pretty happy with the current form. As a bonus, there's a related menuhax logo in the zip with the theme as well.

Theme available here: Orbal Revolution

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This is super WIP, but I'm making a Fire Emblem if theme.
The top screen stuff is mostly done, the bottom screen needs a bit of work.

ver.0.3

Has boot sounds, all sound effects (I know that the back sound needs to be lowered a bit Done!) and music.
Screenshots:
GguxN7R.png

LuBPAOc.png

Boot splash:
Gkt2pR0.png

VlSfyvI.png
EDIT: Updated the theme and DL link (screenshots not updated).
Love this theme! Currently using this on my N3DS (O3DS clearly doesn't like image heavy themes! :P)!
Could you make the sound effects a bit louder? And the loading sound a bit shorter? And I think the select sound should be the select sound form FEif, not the longer confirmation sound.
BTW, what icon pack do you use? It looks awesome!

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love this theme! Currently using this on my N3DS (O3DS clearly doesn't like image heavy themes! :P)!
Could you make the sound effects a bit louder? And the loading sound a bit shorter? And I think the select sound should be the select sound form FEif, not the longer confirmation sound.
I made them quieter because they were much too loud, though I might raise them a little... as for the selected sound, I tried going though if's sound files, but there's hundreds of files and I used what I happened to come across, but I did want the select sound instead of the the file load sound. I did notice that if the homebrew menu loads to quick the load sound gets cut short awkwardly, which sucks. I might shorten it again (I already shortened it quite a bit). But yeah I'm definitely not done with it, and as new theme features become available I plan on updating it. Thanks for the compliments though :D

Reactions: SomeGamer

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What new theme features?
Like when a launching app splash screen is a thing, or when new sounds are available, like distinguishing between an app select like hans which takes you to another menu and actually launching an app, and things like page indicator icons and page arrows, etc.

Reactions: SomeGamer

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Like when a launching app splash screen is a thing, or when new sounds are available, like distinguishing between an app select like hans which takes you to another menu and actually launching an app, and things like page indicator icons and page arrows, etc.
Thanks!

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a few alterations in Mutinize’s New Launcher Black Ver. Variant Theme
to include the new beta features, I lost my audio cable so I can not record the original sounds of the 3DS, but if someone do this, it would be great :lol:
and I have not found the bottom boot screen nowhere to put in splashscreen, so I just put a entire black one in bottom
it include a smdh file

I am the original theme author and not Multinize here. Neither you nor @mutinize had permission to modify my theme. I would have liked if you asked first before doing so.

Last edited by link6155,

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I didn't see this earlier,
I made those icons. I've given neobrain permission to use my icon as braindump's official icon, which is pretty awesome to me. You can grab .SMDH files by clicking the images in my signature. It will take you to a Dropbox folder that has a SMDH folder and my theme there as well.

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just updated my New Launcher theme to support the latest version of Grid Launcher. Here's what is new in this version:
  • Added the official 3DS background music. The music loops perfectly so there shouldn't be any awkward clipping or skips.
  • Added the official 3DS sound effects for moving the cursor and selecting items.
  • Added icons for tools, no more static images.
  • Added splash screen
  • Theme icons to distinguish between the 2 and 3 row version easily
  • cartridge icons
5hgWo9y.png

Before I go any further, I have something to say. This theme is something that I do on my free time (which I don't have much of). The theme isn't just a copy and paste of the default theme, every single thing has to be replicated manually for it to look good on Grid Launcher. It's rather discouraging seeing that my hours (yes hours) of image editing, sound recording, and other work be modified without my consent. The work put into this is far greater than what most people would do and I would appreciate it if people would ask for my consent before modifying my themes. Don't tell me you've put a lot of effort into editing my themes because that's nothing compared to what I did.

Alright I'm done with my rant. I've also made some templates for folders to match with this theme. Just open the PSD found in the zip file of this download in photoshop, and just simply edit the letter to what you want. You will need the Roboto font family to edit the letter. If someone wants to make a .smdh file for every single letter of the alphabet, go ahead. Just make sure to give credit where it is due.

rbcLPit.png

I'll update the other color variations as soon as possible. Updating them to the latest version of Grid Launcher will take a very long time since so much as changed.

Download link (the theme is too big now to upload to GBAtemp)

Last edited by link6155, , Reason: changed to 7z for smaller download size

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I go any further, I have something to say. This theme is something that I do on my free time (which I don't have much of). The theme isn't just a copy and paste of the default theme, every single thing has to be replicated manually for it to look good on Grid Launcher. It's rather discouraging seeing that my hours (yes hours) of image editing, sound recording, and other work be modified without my consent. The work put into this is far greater than what most people would do and I would appreciate it if people would ask for my consent before modifying my themes. Don't tell me you've put a lot of effort into editing my themes because that's nothing compared to what I did.
It's nice to see someone else put in a lot of effort into a theme. It's looking great.
I too would be somewhat upset if someone took mine and toyed with it, as I hadn't made it with the intent to share it. I took a lot of screenshots from FEif, but it wasn't a copy-pasta job either, and I edited screenshots for several hours just for the booting screens. It's a lot of work. To be honest, I only made it for myself, but after it started being what I think was pretty good, I figured there might be someone like me who is looking for something so specific. I think if someone just edited it and uploaded it, I would be kinda hurt, even if they meant no harm. Yours appeals to a much larger audience, so I expect that yours will be messed with more due to that and it's simplistic (I don't mean it was easier to make of course, but it makes editing pretty easy since it's so smooth looking). Anywho, keep up the good work.

@XavyrrVaati, you ever do anything with that Cave Story theme I started on?
Like link6155, I lack tons of spare time, I work quite a lot. I get very sleepy. I've put a lot more time into this than I would like to admit, easily 8 hours at this point. I've redone parts of my theme over and over before I even posted it here, and I'm still not satisfied with it. That said, I will take a look at it when I feel up to it, but I'm very picky with my work and such I may not use it. I mean no offense, I wanted to make myself a theme, and I have a pretty good idea on what I want it to look like, so should it not meet my needs I won't use it. Should it work out that I would use it, I will be sure to give you credit.

Last edited by XavyrrVaati,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya