Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
I've been using Gimp 2.0 for all my images and it works amazing. There's a learning curve to using it but once you figure it out it's fast and works great!!!
I've been using Gimp 2.8 (Not 2.0) as well, it's great for ton's of different types of Image Processing...especially making those wonderful flat wallpapers!

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there advantages to 2.0 over 2.8?

I've been using 2.8.
That's the one I meant. 2.8

Created this theme with Microsoft paint and Gimp 2.8.

Hyrule Historia
-Uploaded to Dropbox.
image.jpg

It has an Ocarina for Settings, Navi for help, Sheikai stone for folders, and the Triforce for Home Apps. the Triforce starts spinning after clicking on it for the loading wheel.

No music yet. But it's only a matter of time until I find some way to add them and/or find the right song to fit.

Also, please let me know if you have any suggestion to make this better and please let me know if this theme is liked or not!!!

Last edited by Xenosaiga, , Reason: Fixed Link (LOL) and uploaded a new screenshot
Reactions: JJTapia19

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
(Typo Fixed)
Welp, here's my theme ".zip"; I found out how to compile it. (You can apply it, and please test it and take some screenshot's, since i can't do it on my 3ds, due to my 3ds running on 10.2)
I was inspired to make my bottom screen like @link6155's, since the scheme go's well with
the flat wallpaper.

I made a simple smdh for you if anyone want :)

Nx1UMsm.png

Attachments

• FlatLauncher SMDH.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 327
Last edited by Argentlan,
Reactions: Dr.Hacknik

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
@Xenosaiga Great theme! I really liked the triforce animation. Can't wait until you add music to it! Tlo Zelda haves so many great songs you can't go wrong. :yay: The Wind Waker song on @MdKarel theme really made me want to play the game again.

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tested them and saving them with MS paint seem to fix them but it removes the transparency. On the photo editor you are using, when saving try saving the png with 32-bit or 16-bit color depth. And test if it fixes them.
I tried resaving them differently, but it didn't work. But the MS paint does, weird. Wish I could keep the transparency.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I tried resaving them differently, but it didn't work. But the MS paint does, weird. Wish I could keep the transparency.
Try with another editing program. I use paint.net when saving it ask you for the bit depth and I always choose 32 bit or try Gimp if you are not using that one. Hope it helps.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JJTapia19, fixed a mistake in my theme. Bottom screen royal emblem was not centered and part of Triforce was cut off by status bar. New screenshot and fixed zip file have been attached to my original post.

Sorry for the trouble!

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
@JJTapia19, fixed a mistake in my theme. Bottom screen royal emblem was not centered and part of Triforce was cut off by status bar. New screenshot and fixed zip file have been attached to my original post.

Sorry for the trouble!
No problem! fixed the OP. Now it looks even better.
Got it, Thanks for the help
You're welcome. Your theme is looking great.

Reactions: Gettwobirdsstone

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
How do I use the folder SMDH?
To add icons to your folders you must create their .smdh icons. I recommend using this website for it.
Use 48x48 .png pictures for the icons.
When you are done with your .smdh files you must rename them.
The folder icon must be named folder.smdh This Icon will be displayed on the folder select screen.
Smdh Placement:
The folder.smdh goes inside the desired folder:
Example
SD:/gridlauncher/folders/Games/folder.smdh

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To add icons to your folders you must create their .smdh icons. I recommend using this website for it.
Use 48x48 .png pictures for the icons.
When you are done with your .smdh files you must rename them.
The folder icon must be named folder.smdh This Icon will be displayed on the folder select screen.
Smdh Placement:
The folder.smdh goes inside the desired folder:
Example
SD:/gridlauncher/folders/Games/folder.smdh
So I want it to be use for the 3DS folder, so I change GAMES to 3DS? Sorry if it's confusing me

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody have a request for a theme? I'm bored and I want a challenge to see if I can create a visually appealing theme. Can't have sound though. I'm not quite set up to do anything with sound right now. First one to reply will be the challenge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :( +1