Marvelous Considering Wii to 360/PS3 Ports

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rock Raiyu, Jul 2, 2009.

Jul 2, 2009
  1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    [​IMG]

I can see this happening, especially with Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Arc Rise Fantasia. Hopefully we see some No More Heroes too..

News Source: Siliconera

2. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Hmm, is Marvelous the developer of all these games? Because if for example NMH is not developed by Marvelous (as far as I know they are just the publisher) how would they like to decide if a game is ported to another console, if they are not part of the development (even tough Suda51 already confirmed considering making a new NMH for other console but never said, that they would port anything over).?

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    These games will sell a lot worse on the 360 what with them being ports of Wii games.

I don't even want to play No More Heroes with standard 360 controls. Also NMH will need sprucing up a lot because graphically it looks crappy for even a Wii game despite the great art. I reckon 360 owners would be better off for the potential NATAL 360 sequel that Suda has been talking about.

Muramasa: The Demon Blade would work the best out of these games and would look even better but again, it wont do so well.

No they just publish them in US. Chances are they'll probably get some cheap dev to port them, which would be a shame.

4. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Hell no they aren't, the developers have a say in what games get ported to what consoles. No More Heroes is likely to stay Wii exclusive, unless people want to play a GTA clone with a generic control scheme which is basically what it would be on other platforms. Also, who cares about Japan? Really the 360 is selling horribly still there and even the PS3 is struggling, porting Wii games that aren't even selling well on the Wii in Japan would just be a stupid move and waste of money.

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    You drive on a motorcycle and free roam around a very limited city but apart from that its not a clone whatsoever.

6. DSGamer64

Canada
    Meh, sandbox games are sandbox games. Either way, I can't see it being very fun without the motion controls, it would be a button masher really.

7. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    If you ask me I would say, that Marvelous has just the rights to publish the game and not more. So if they intend to do something similar to that they would definitely need some kind of permission from Suda...

But it sure is a little strange, that they seem to have not a single game on the other plattforms...

8. DSGamer64

Canada
    Cause they can't afford to back bigger more expensive titles on the 360 and PS3, they have had to make money off the Wii by publishing games from small development companies. They just want to make more money and figure that they can if they port Wii games to other consoles when in reality it wouldn't work, if those games don't sell that well on one console, what makes them think chucking money into porting the games is going to be profitable on other platforms? It's not our fault that Nintendo has marketed the Wii towards soccer moms and grannies instead of real gamers, so the hardcore games are flopping in sales because they don't get advertised enough.

9. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Honestly, out of all the titles there, the only one that looks good is No More Heroes (which was an excellent game) that could definately see some more play, regardless of system. The other ones I barely know and don't honestly look interesting.

10. Cablephish

Member Cablephish Show me...

Canada
    Sweet! I've always wanted to play No More Heroes, now I'll be able to play it on PS3!! [​IMG]