Hacking MarioKart Pwns

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
iDarkTrace said:
Now what... I finally get my merged ISO and I can't burn it on a DL because it says the DL is too small for the ISO. (Merged Iso = 8.45GBs, DL = 8.5GBs)
sad.gif
Ultimate woe.

Hey, take a look at the post at 174F . Try to use "Let's Tap " + "Wii Fit" + "Lego Indiana Jones"
to hack 4.3J with modchip Wii .

I am downloading "Let's tap" now ............ Will try/verify this way ............

(I saw other people have reported it works .........)

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
airline38 said:
iDarkTrace said:
Now what... I finally get my merged ISO and I can't burn it on a DL because it says the DL is too small for the ISO. (Merged Iso = 8.45GBs, DL = 8.5GBs)
sad.gif
Ultimate woe.

Hey, take a look at the post at 174F . Try to use "Let's Tap " + "Wii Fit" + "Lego Indiana Jones"
to hack 4.3J with modchip Wii .

I am downloading "Let's tap" now ............ Will try/verify this way ............

(I saw other people have reported it works .........)

Three games O.O?! Whut?! Will that even fit? Fill me in on how it works?
Let's Tap > Wii Fit > Indy Lego? Won't I need a Wii Balance Board?
Edit1: I'm assuming my "Let's Tap" has to be JAP, so the other two can be USA or PAL correct?
Edit2: Actually, screw PAL. JAP Wiis don't like PAL isos.
Edit3: Hold it, I don't see the reason to do Let's Tap > WiiFit > Indy Lego. Unless it bypasses the need for a Wii Balance Board. (Doubt it..)

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
iDarkTrace said:
sad.gif
Ultimate woe.

Try using IMGBurn. It should let you burn it as a dual-layer.

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
linuxares said:
iDarkTrace said:
sad.gif
Ultimate woe.

Try using IMGBurn. It should let you burn it as a dual-layer.

I have ImgBurn, I posted picture somewhere in this thread: Showed that the ISO was bigger than the DL (Stupid DVD companies...)

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
TTTPlus said:
With wit-v1.14a.beta2, a JAP Wii can run USA Indy successfully.

Environments:
1. Linux wit-v1.14a.beta2
2. JAP Wii with wiikey

Create disc1 (D5): Let's Tap (JAP), Wiifit(JAP, not WiiFitPlus)
./wit MIX --overlay tap.iso as channel fit.iso --dest tf.iso

Create disc2 (D5): Indy (USA), Let's Tap (JAP)
./wit MIX --overlay indy.iso as channel tap.iso --dest it.iso

Steps:
1. Boot with disc1.
2. Go to the menu with channel installer in it, do not click on the installer yet.
3. Click on the "WiiFit" circular button, eject disc1, insert disc2.
4. Press "B" to go back to "install" Indy.

Not optimized, but works
smile.gif

Thanks for giantpune and Wiimm,
for their great ideas and tools.

Extra informations:
1. I choose "Let's Tap" by its small size.
2. You must have either a WiiFit save in Wii or a Wii balance board.

That's sound good but did you got an ISO that can be brunet to a single layer DVD or also a bigger one that need Double Layer DVD and if that what about Layer brick setting you had used.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i don't get this at all, so this is basically putting 2 games into 1 iso and loading the 2nd game with this exploit? but to boot the games you need a blank disc and if you don't have a wii that is softmodded or modchip compatible it won't load...

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
jalaneme said:
i don't get this at all, so this is basically putting 2 games into 1 iso and loading the 2nd game with this exploit? but to boot the games you need a blank disc and if you don't have a wii that is softmodded or modchip compatible it won't load...

Sure that you must have a modchiped Wii or Softmoded Wii that can run this modded ISO first to use this method
wink.gif

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I just tested and confirmed the way (use Let's tap+ Wii Fit + Lego Indiana Jones) works.

Thanks for giantpune's great idea and Wiimm's good tool (wit) as well as TTTplus's
effort.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I have also tried to use Wii Fit plus+Let's tap+Lego Indy but it failed.

I think the problem is Wii Fit plus use IOS53 which is different from Wii Fit/Let's tap
/Lego Indy (all these 3 games use IOS33) . So it failed when I swapped to the 2nd disc
(Let's tap+Lego Indy merged disc) . (system is halted)

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MKWii + Indiana Jones doesn't work on my Wii... I recieve a 001 error...
angry.gif

I burned the merged ISO (6.22GBs thanks to Wiimms and his tools) on a DL Memorex DVD, some people have reported that certain media allows this 001 error to happen.
I attempted using the Generic Wii Patcher, extracted my main.dol, removed the 001 protection and replaced the main.dol, but that ALONE doesn't let my Wii boot. (I put my DVD in, Wii turns on, then it tells me to turn off. Didn't even go to Menu Screen yet.)

Just when I thought my troubles were over, this shit attacks. Damn it man.

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again idarktrace
you seem to have no idea about fakesigning. if your wii can boot a game patched by that generic wii patcher, then you dont need to mess with any of this stuff.

if you change any of the data in a partition and the game tries to read it, it will not work. you can either change the entire partition or you can change data that is not being read by the game. or you can do some mixture of those. but you cannot simply patch a file and have the game read it.

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
giantpune said:
again idarktrace
you seem to have no idea about fakesigning. if your wii can boot a game patched by that generic wii patcher, then you dont need to mess with any of this stuff.

if you change any of the data in a partition and the game tries to read it, it will not work. you can either change the entire partition or you can change data that is not being read by the game. or you can do some mixture of those. but you cannot simply patch a file and have the game read it.

I hope you read that I popped this in the Wii WITHOUT patching the main.dol in the first place. Let me post what I did:
1. Combined MKWii and Indy Lego using wit. It ended up being only 6.22GBs.
2. Burnt this iso on a DL Memorex DVD via ImgBurn at 4x. Also verified.
3. Took the DVD and put it in the Wii. Wii booted, click on Disc Channel, MKWii appeared (as it should), booted it and then in a few seconds,
recieved the 001 error.
angry.gif

4. I then burnt the SAME iso on a SL instead to test if it would do the same... it only got 70% of the ISO, but MKWii booted perfectly. (Indy won't boot via Channel Installer because Indy did not locate all its files.)

Now tell me where along the four steps did I patch ANYTHING. .........No?
Okay well now I know a bit about fakesigning thanks to you I guess.

*sigh* I'm guessing my Wii doesn't like Memorex DVDs...
What can I do now...

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iDarkTrace said:
I attempted using the Generic Wii Patcher, extracted my main.dol, removed the 001 protection and replaced the main.dol, but that ALONE doesn't let my Wii boot.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
iDarkTrace said:
What can I do now...

@iDarkTrce , don't replace main.dol or use IOS patcher to do anything ... because it will cause partition.bin changed automatically
then the ISO (disc) won't be recognized by any normal IOS .

I think the 001 error is still something to do with "overlay " of "wit" , there was something wrong when indiana.iso was
used those 'holes' of mario kart.iso . Maybe some files of indiana.iso were broken due to this 'overlay' merge process.

Let's feedback this to Wiimm.

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
airline38 said:
iDarkTrace said:
What can I do now...

@iDarkTrce , don't replace main.dol or use IOS patcher to do anything ... because it will cause partition.bin changed automatically
then the ISO (disc) won't be recognized by any normal IOS .

I think the 001 error is still something to do with "overlay " of "wit" , there was something wrong when indiana.iso was
used those 'holes' of mario kart.iso . Maybe some files of indiana.iso were broken due to this 'overlay' merge process.

Let's feedback this to Wiimm.

I put this ISO on a SL ASWELL (post 194). And it booted perfectly on the SL, I think the ISO is absolutely fine, might have something to do with my Memorex DL DVDs.

3. Took the DVD and put it in the Wii. Wii booted, click on Disc Channel, MKWii appeared (as it should), booted it and then in a few seconds, recieved the 001 error.
4. I then burnt the SAME iso on a SL instead to test if it would do the same... it only got 70% of the ISO, but MKWii booted perfectly. (Indy won't boot via Channel Installer because Indy did not locate all its files.)

This is truly disappointing... =(

P.S: Btw, sry Giantpune for acting like an ass and being stubborn. All this fail got me so irritated and angry, didn't realize that there is actually people working to get Homebrew Channel for everyone again. Forgive me.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
The overlay alone doesn't break anything, but the ignore lists do it.

The ignore lists say: ignore some files, because I don't need them. Ignored files are still in the file system because file system changes results in the unwanted fake sign. But the space of ignored files is now available for the overlay process.

If the Wii access a ignored file, it will try to read the content and this fails because the check sums are incorrect for that partition.

This all means: It is very important, that the ignore lists are correct and not any accessed file is ignored. Don't ask me about the ignore files: I'm only the unknowing technician who created the tool.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
001 error = the game tried to read beyond what it thinks is the end of the disc and didn't receive an error. This is because you've put a single layer game on a dual layer disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto