Gaming Mariokart 8 questions.

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

Just recently after not playing Mk8 for a long time I noticed some things.
I would be great to have some of my findings confirmed.

Here they are:
Can mk8 be played without a internet connection on FW 5.5.0?
As far as I can tell, you NEED a internet connection to play MK8 on fw 5.XXX as the game prompts you for an update wich is not skippable.
If so I think this is a bad thing. No internet = No play even if you havethe original disc you payed for.
Things get evenmore complicated if you have your files on your external hdd, if that breaks and you have no internet for whatever reason, you cannot update so you cannot play anymore.

Mariokart automaticly presses the A button upon starting the game, skipping the demo movies of the gameyou would normally get after waiting a while.
Is it me but is it not possible to watch the game demos anymore?

Last edited by Hielkenator,

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Just recently after not playing Mk8 for a long time I noticed some things.
I would be great to have some of my findings confirmed.

Here they are:
Can mk8 be played without a internet connection on FW 5.5.0?
As far as I can tell, you NEED a internet connection to play MK8 on fw 5.XXX as the game prompts you for an update wich is not skippable.
If so I think this is a bad thing. No internet = No play even if you havethe original disc you payed for.
Things get evenmore complicated if you have your files on your external hdd, if that breaks and you have no internet for whatever reason, you cannot update so you cannot play anymore.

Mariokart automaticly presses the A button upon starting the game, skipping the demo movies of the gameyou would normally get after waiting a while.
Is it me but is it not possible to watch the game demos anymore?

I cant confirm but I am sure you could say no to the update prompt and continue playing mk8.
I had the same prompt appear to me when playing games like mk8 hyrule warriors and splatoon and it was possible to say no to the promps and continue anyways, but it always promps me twice and of course no internet conection for the game even if in latest software update.

just keep choosing the options to not update and to continue playing without it.

But like I said before, I cant confirm.

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you for replying.
When you are on fw5.5.0, you cannot play MK8 by refusing the gamesupdate.
The game refuses to boot sadly, even without a internet setup on thew Wiiu.
Good antipiracy measures this time Ninty....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-