Mario Wii U Title IS "Based On" E3 2011 Demo

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing you've forgotten about the 3DS and Nintendo's plan to have retail games made available via digital distribution (the Nintendo Network).

Which, last time I checked, is still just a rumor.

But if Nintendo didn't raise their download cap to more than 435MB then they're fucking retarded. Like way too retarded for them. If they don't make the cap more than that then they're not making a slip up, they're falling down the goddamn stairs.

The odds of them not being able to support anything above 500MB is incredibly slim. This is coming from the so-called "Nintendo doubter".

Isn't the current cap on Wiiware something like 40mb? I remeber something about the makers of Super Meat Boy weren't able to make a Wii version of their game because of horrible size constraints. If they really make Wii-U's eshop that high, it'll be quite a leap. It'll also be something Nintendo has never been known to do: Keep with the times in terms of online activities. I still doubt they will.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the current cap on Wiiware something like 40mb? I remeber something about the makers of Super Meat Boy weren't able to make a Wii version of their game because of horrible size constraints. If they really make Wii-U's eshop that high, it'll be quite a leap. It'll also be something Nintendo has never been known to do: Keep with the times in terms of online activities. I still doubt they will.

WiiWare and Nintendo's whole stumble into trying to be "online" is just atrocious though. They've said they'll be modeling their new online structure after what's working right now so if they can't even scramble up to 1GB cap then they'll be blown out of the online race before it even starts. They'll basically be getting no DLC support (something almost essential to today's games), no new XBLA/PSN releases, and developers will start avoiding their console because of ridiculous caps.

D

Deleted_171835

Which, last time I checked, is still just a rumor.

But if Nintendo didn't raise their download cap to more than 435MB then they're fucking retarded. Like way too retarded for them. If they don't make the cap more than that then they're not making a slip up, they're falling down the goddamn stairs.

The odds of them not being able to support anything above 500MB is incredibly slim. This is coming from the so-called "Nintendo doubter".
It isn't a rumor, anywhere. It was confirmed by Iwata. They just haven't decided when to start.

On the digital distribution of boxed games: "This concept was built into the design of the Nintendo 3DS, and we already have the necessary infrastructure," Iwata explained.

"We will prepare the same infrastructure for the Wii U. However, we have not decided the concrete timing of when we will start it.

http://www.eurogamer...nd-3ds-revealed

And I'm sure the limit is above 500MB. After all, they can't have proper digital distribution of boxed games with a 500MB limit.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WiiWare and Nintendo's whole stumble into trying to be "online" is just atrocious though. They've said they'll be modeling their new online structure after what's working right now so if they can't even scramble up to 1GB cap then they'll be blown out of the online race before it even starts. They'll basically be getting no DLC support (something almost essential to today's games), no new XBLA/PSN releases, and developers will start avoiding their console because of ridiculous caps.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a XBLA/PSN style Nintendo service, but considering Nintendo has always tried to appeal to family/casual gamers, I just don't see them having a full-blown online service like that. If they did make one though, I'd be one of the first into it, but I'm still not holding my breath due to how Nintendo looks at gaming/online play in general.

EDIT: - soulx prooved me wrong on the download caps for the Wii-U. Here's hoping they'll add the full-blown online service ala XBLA or PSN too. :yay:

D

Deleted_171835

EDIT: - soulx prooved me wrong on the download caps for the Wii-U. Here's hoping they'll add the full-blown online service ala XBLA or PSN too. :yay:
They will. Nintendo Network is their full-blown online service that they'll be rolling out sometime later this year.

They even made a list of some of the key features.
nintennetwork3-22.jpg

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They will. Nintendo Network is their full-blown online service that they'll be rolling out sometime later this year.

*snip*

I remember seeing that, but it's still missing a TON of features that PSN and XBLA have. I have yet to see any proove it'll truly be as wide as PSN/XBLA is.

D

Deleted_171835

*snip*

I remember seeing that, but it's still missing a TON of features that PSN and XBLA have. I have yet to see any proove it'll truly be as wide as PSN/XBLA is.
Uh, we don't know much about it yet. You can't really say that.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

*snip*

Uh, we don't know much about it yet. You can't really say that.

Right, I was basing that off the picture you showed. If those are the "key features", it'll be missing a lot of "key features" PSN and XBLA have.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In their defense it's just a very brief snippet. Odds are it'll have basics like party systems, universal voice chat, no friend codes (because that was one of the worst fucking ideas by Nintendo in the past decade), being able to jump into a friend's game, stuff like that.

I really, really doubt Nintendo would build all this hype up for a system that gives out DLC and some downloadable games.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In their defense it's just a very brief snippet. Odds are it'll have basics like party systems, universal voice chat, no friend codes (because that was one of the worst fucking ideas by Nintendo in the past decade), being able to jump into a friend's game, stuff like that.

I really, really doubt Nintendo would build all this hype up for a system that gives out DLC and some downloadable games.

To be totally frank, you would be suprised on how much they hyped up the NWC.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

Uhh, the touring game championship held across America? The one that was held 22 years ago?

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure he meant Nintendo WFC. Wifi Connection. But yeah, Nintendo Network should be good, and NSMBMii seems like it would be downloadable and disc buyable too. It seems dumb to me though. Why do we need ANOTHER Super Mario Bros. Wii?

We already have Another SMBW :ha: and Newer SMBW sometime in the future. I know this WiiU game will probably sell but I think it's sort of a stupid idea, and I don't see myself buying it for $40-50.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Uhh, the touring game championship held across America? The one that was held 22 years ago?
I ment the Original Wi-fi connection 5 years ago... what the hell did you think I was talking about :wtf:

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

I ment the Original Wi-fi connection 5 years ago... what the hell did you think I was talking about :wtf:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_World_Championships

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
What's wrong with another Mario sidescroller being released? Nintendo always does this.
They sell like hotcakes but I think people around here are tired of them, especially the New Super Mario Bros series.

Well Nintendo responds to the market. Their number one goal is to make money after all. GBATemp isn't the majority of gamers. Gaming companies aren't going to throw money down the toilet to make games that a few people like. (Unless they have an ulterior motive or they're just plain dumb.) Nintendo needs sales to increase and the Wii U to succeed in order to survive. This Mario sidescrolling platformer is Nintendo's failsafe to guarantee some sales when the Wii U is released to the public.

Reactions: 1 person

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with another Mario sidescroller being released? Nintendo always does this.
They sell like hotcakes but I think people around here are tired of them, especially the New Super Mario Bros series.
Its not as much as tired, its just that some of us thought 3D land was actually a new step in how they made Mario games, you know 3D platforming on a linear stage, to see them go right back to games like NSMB is dissapointing, especially after hearing them say they wanted to contend more to hardcores with the WiiU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-