Hacking Mario Party 9 + WiiGSC = Bannerbrick ?

M tha MaN

OP
Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Guys.

I got my MP9 and wanted to create a channel of tha game with WiiGSC.

Well, creating the channel isn't a problem, but when I install the channel i can't go to the system menu. All I can do is leave the WAD Manager and choose another "app" in HBC. When i go to the system menu from any app ---> black screen.

Even if i start the wii. See health screen, press A, black screen.

Also tried installing my custom system menu after i installed the MP9 channel, doesn't work either. Tried Crap 3.3b, same result...

So it seems it is an issue with the game, isnt it?

My wii has all IOS/cIOS up to date.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Not all games can have a channel forwarder as they bannerbrick, A Boy And His Blob and others also bannerbrick

Just one of those things

You need to remove the channel by uninstalling the same .wad via a manager and selecting to uninstall and not install or by using ATD and deleting the title, you can do this by booting into priiloader or bootmii@boot2 then loading HBC and then loading the prefered app

M tha MaN

OP
Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
Yap, I know ho to uninstall Channels ;)

Not all games can have a channel forwarder as they bannerbrick, A Boy And His Blob and others also bannerbrick

Just one of those things

Ahh boy, bad luck. Does anybody know why (just curios). And I think since there's no fix for ABAHB there won't be one for MP9 :(

But thx for the info pepxl

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a fix for a boy and his blob. it's due to banner handling by sysmenu. you'd have to edit the banner to fix the issue

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran into this myself last night. The only reason I attempted to do this was due to the new WiiRemote+ not working when I booted into Configurable USB Loader. I read about using WiiGSC and I setup all my games via channels. I like this method quite a bit more. So right now I have to use one of my other remotes to boot up the game and then switch to the new one once I'm in game.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Do you have a link for that ?

Cause that might work with MP9, I would try =)

the banner is the animation you see in the channel itself. So the ABAHB fix is a modified ABAHB banner, and therefore u won't to be able to just "reuse" the fix for a different game. However, u can follow the same methodology wilsoff used in his post here. A good start will be getting familiar with "customize mii", but I have a feeling wilsoff used more advanced banner editing tools so that might not be enough.

Regardless, make sure u have proper brick protection in place (or test using neek) before you start messing with this stuff.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
why not use cfg-mod, it has wiimote+ support
Any chance you can share a link to what you're referring to specifically? Not finding any thing here or via Google. Thanks!
http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader-mod/downloads/list

Use all the regular Cfg files, but replace your boot.dol with the latest one.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
why not use cfg-mod, it has wiimote+ support
Any chance you can share a link to what you're referring to specifically? Not finding any thing here or via Google. Thanks!

really? I'm finding tons of links to it using google:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=configurable+usb-loader+mod

anyways, here's the direct link

edit: damn you Joostin! :P

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

the banner is the animation you see in the channel itself. So the ABAHB fix is a modified ABAHB banner, and therefore u won't to be able to just "reuse" the fix for a different game. However, u can follow the same methodology wilsoff used in his post here. A good start will be getting familiar with "customize mii", but I have a feeling wilsoff used more advanced banner editing tools so that might not be enough.

Regardless, make sure u have proper brick protection in place (or test using neek) before you start messing with this stuff.
For removing a TPL, CustomizeMii will do the job. For editing the BRLYT which he also had to do (naturally, seeing as he removed a TPL), you'd have to extract with CustomizeMii and then use Benzin to convert to XMLYT, edit and then convert back again with Benzin and replace in channel with CustomizeMii.

Reactions: 1 person

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, thanks for that. And yeah I found that site with those files last night but for some reason my brain was telling me it wasn't what I wanted since I only have a boot.dol file and not those. Is it just a simple rename to boot.dol then? Sorry, it's one of them slow Saturdays for me apparently.

{edit} yep that's all I needed to do... I'm an idiot. Anyways, thanks again! lol

M tha MaN

OP
Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany

Damn, seems to be very much work.

If I at least knew which tpl i had to remove.. :(

MaxYelkin

Trophies
XP
I got the same problem and tried to get this BootLoader file manually. Usually you use one program to extract a BootLoader file, but with MP9 it's always 0 bytes, right - EMPTY file. However I could use MP8's animation just to have at least some animation on my Wii screen for this game. So it just looks like MP8, but actually launches MP9.
And yeah, I'm also gonna be happy if someone can extract that freaking BootLoader from MP9 and modify it :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.