The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
essentialgames.png
Mario originally had a gun.

gma_amada_mario_07.jpg

In early builds of Nintendo's classic platformer Super Mario Bros, the iconic plumber wielded a gun, creator Shigeru Miyamoto has revealed.
[...]
"The bullets wound up becoming fireballs later - we originally thought about having a shoot 'em up stage where Mario jumps on a cloud and shoots at enemies, but we dropped it because we wanted to focus on jumping action. The sky-based bonus stages are the remnants of that idea, you could say.

"In the end, we realised that being able to shoot all the fireballs you want while running gave Mario too much of an advantage, so instead we had it so you shoot only one fireball when you start running."
[...]
"Since the game's set in a magical kingdom," he added, "I made the required power-up item a mushroom because you see people in folk tales wandering into forests and eating mushrooms all the time. That, in turn, led to us calling the in-game world the 'Mushroom Kingdom,' and the rest of the basic plot setup sprung from there."

So there you have it: one of the cornerstones of the modern videogame industry was laid on a foundation of guns and hallucinogens. [/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Insert Italian mafia joke here.
Contributed by Rydian

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
“Grandson, I wanna you lissina to me. I wanna for you to taka my chrome plated .38 revolver so you will always remember me.”

“But grandpa, I really don’t like guns. How about you leave me your Rolex watch instead?”

“You lissina me. Somma day you gonna be runna da business, you gonna have a beautiful wife, lotsa money, a big home and maybe a couple of bambinos.

“Somma day you gonna coma home and maybe finda your wife inna bed with another man.

“Whatta you gonna do then… pointa to your watch and say, Times Up?”

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Juanmatron said:
QUOTE said:
“Grandson, I wanna you lissina to me. I wanna for you to taka my chrome plated .38 revolver so you will always remember me.”

“But grandpa, I really don’t like guns. How about you leave me your Rolex watch instead?”

“You lissina me. Somma day you gonna be runna da business, you gonna have a beautiful wife, lotsa money, a big home and maybe a couple of bambinos.

“Somma day you gonna coma home and maybe finda your wife inna bed with another man.

“Whatta you gonna do then… pointa to your watch and say, Times Up?”
Nice man!!!lol
laugh.gif

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario himself is a big fluke. Alot of things like his image (ie The hat or facial hair) or powers were created on either limitations or concepts.

But damn if I don't love that mistake
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond...