Gaming Mario Maker on the 3DS discussion.

bloodlike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rude, very very rude.
I'm Brazilian and the Wii U costs around $466 USD there, which is insane considering the minimum wage is $200.
It's way cheaper here, but a 3DS is still more affordable. You can get one in Brazil for $133 or less.

I'm using Brazil as an example because that's the only third world country I've ever lived in, and bad thing is I have to go back.

Yes, that was very rude. "If $250 is too high for a console, you have problems." Following this logic, about 99.9% of the world has problems, whether it's because they can't afford it, or they can afford it but do not place $250 worth of value it, or some combination of both.

I'm in that "some combination of both" group: Yes, I could buy it today, but my priorities are elsewhere, and I certainly do not have $250 burning a whole in my pocket. Furthermore, I do not place $250-$300 worth of value on having a Wii U to play Mario Maker. As I clearly stated, the ONLY reason I would buy a Wii U is to play that game. I will not use it for anything else. $300 sounds a little high for that, don't you think? I'm not sure what tree you're picking your $100 bills from, but I'm guessing the owner of that tree is one or both of those two people that brought you into existence, and I'm guessing they didn't expose you to the slums.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, that was very rude. "If $250 is too high for a console, you have problems." Following this logic, about 99.9% of the world has problems, whether it's because they can't afford it, or they can afford it but do not place $250 worth of value it, or some combination of both.

I'm in that "some combination of both" group: Yes, I could buy it today, but my priorities are elsewhere, and I certainly do not have $250 burning a whole in my pocket. Furthermore, I do not place $250-$300 worth of value on having a Wii U to play Mario Maker. As I clearly stated, the ONLY reason I would buy a Wii U is to play that game. I will not use it for anything else. $300 sounds a little high for that, don't you think? I'm not sure what tree you're picking your $100 bills from, but I'm guessing the owner of that tree is one or both of those two people that brought you into existence, and I'm guessing they didn't expose you to the slums.

That would also be my only reason to pick up a Wii U, and I'm already back in Brazil.
I have literally only 10 USD right now that I can actually spend ( I still live with my parents, that's how I get food ). I'm gonna try saving up to get a PSVita TV since that's the cheapest way to play Vita games and I really wanna play Steins;Gate 0 ( It's $50 btw ).

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm just saying this now

Isn't it weird that Nintendo Badge Arcade let's you decorate your home menu

It's like it's a Hint to having Mario Maker on the 3DS

Just hope we 3DS users get the chance to see it come on our systems and not just the Wii U

D

Deleted User

I'm just saying this now

Isn't it weird that Nintendo Badge Arcade let's you decorate your home menu

It's like it's a Hint to having Mario Maker on the 3DS

Just hope we 3DS users get the chance to see it come on our systems and not just the Wii U
whats the connection between that badge thing and mario maker?

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I just saw this thread in the recent updates widget-box-thingy, so I'll post this here.

I'm currently working on a Mario Maker-style homebrew for the 3DS.
Why? Because I can't afford anything that's required to play the original Mario Maker, and I can program in plain C, and we have Ninjhax 2.0 with ctrulib, so why not? :P

I'm almost finished with the external (aka. PC version) level editor, but now I hit one ploblem: Cyan said in a PM that I can't include original copyrighted material, because it's against the forum rules, so that means that I'll have to write a texture editor, because the texturepack I assembled earlier (manually :() contains 100% Nintendo-original textures, so I can't finish the mapeditor until I remake the textures.

If all my weekends will be free, I may be able to push out a bare-bones version around January.

If someone wants to help, PM me :P

Also, I'm not trying to look like an a**hole, I just want Mario Maker for my 3DS as like everyone else does. I intended no offense.

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
whats the connection between that badge thing and mario maker?
Well you can make level designs using badges on your menu and it would be easy to do that in Mario maker if the 3ds gets one

Sorry if I'm not making any sense

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just saw this thread in the recent updates widget-box-thingy, so I'll post this here.

Why? Because I can't afford anything that's required to play the original Mario Maker, and I can program in plain C, and we have Ninjhax 2.0 with ctrulib, so why not? :P

I'm almost finished with the external (aka. PC version) level editor, but now I hit one ploblem: Cyan said in a PM that I can't include original copyrighted material, because it's against the forum rules, so that means that I'll have to write a texture editor, because the texturepack I assembled earlier (manually :() contains 100% Nintendo-original textures, so I can't finish the mapeditor until I remake the textures.

If all my weekends will be free, I may be able to push out a bare-bones version around January.

Also, I'm not trying to look like an a**hole, I just want Mario Maker for my 3DS as like everyone else does. I intended no offense.

I would say if you made a Maker for Mario levels why don't you just make it with the original sprites and stuff and then say in the 3DS Homebrew page

Mario Maker Clone
PM if your interested in trying this homebrew

I'm sure that not against the rules...

Well I hope not

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I would say if you made a Maker for Mario levels why don't you just make it with the original sprites and stuff and then say in the 3DS Homebrew page

Mario Maker Clone
PM if your interested in trying this homebrew

I'm sure that not against the rules...

Well I hope not

I was talking to Cyan, and he said that I can post the homebrew, but only if it doesn't come with original copyrighted stuff, because that's against the forum rules.

Edit:
I just noticed that you misnderstood what I wrote there (probably my shitty English). I never said to "PM me to try it out". I said that I need some help programming it. Also, it can't be tried out, because it only prints debug info, because I need to finish the level editor, so I could make a test level, so I could work on the other stuff.

Last edited by Sono,

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States

Upload the copyrighted texture version somewhere else?

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I won't. I'll make my own textures then. It may look like complete :shit:, but I don't care, I don't want to disappoint Cyan, because he was nice to me (he could've banned me if he wanted because of my signature, but he didn't).

Also, I finally figured out how CLua (the C side of Lua) works, so I'll switch from DerpScript to Lua :D

And you may ask that why do I need Lua in a touchscreen levelbuilder game.
'cuz levelmakers will be able to add custom blocks with custom behavior :P

When I made a decent progress (but not decent enough to release it), I'll put the sooscode (source code) on GitHub, 'cuz opensoos software rulez B-)

D

Deleted User

man please make it with an option for changing textures, so we would be able to use some pirated illegal original textures LOL

Reactions: NuikopeaDemon

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
man please make it with an option for changing textures, so we would be able to use some pirated illegal original textures LOL
That's not a bad idea actually because you can release it and show pics of the other textures and just say "Mario Bros Texture" included because that's not piracy if you say that... Right???

D

Deleted User

That's not a bad idea actually because you can release it and show pics of the other textures and just say "Mario Bros Texture" included because that's not piracy if you say that... Right???
still too pirated for GBAtemp... he needs to upload it with screenshots of his own textures, and post on youtube a video showing how to use it, then in the description to put seperatly the original texture, and hint about it on the release thread.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

The Wii U is the cheapest on the market, I don't know what slums you live in but if around $250 is high for a console you got problems
Wow guy, that was plain rude to the user you replied and remember each has their own priorities. Video games are a hobby for most people than a way of making money.

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
still too pirated for GBAtemp... he needs to upload it with screenshots of his own textures, and post on youtube a video showing how to use it, then in the description to put seperatly the original texture, and hint about it on the release thread.
Ohhh Okay all good I'm just curious to know I'm not a huge fan of Megaman so wouldn't know for sure but... Would you know if the stuff in Killerman: Ghost Buster hombrew is the same sprites in the Megaman Battle Network series???

D

Deleted User

Ohhh Okay all good I'm just curious to know I'm not a huge fan of Megaman so wouldn't know for sure but... Would you know if the stuff in Killerman: Ghost Buster hombrew is the same sprites in the Megaman Battle Network series???
man I have no idea about the games youre talikng about...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle