Mario Maker on the 3DS discussion.

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Pacheko17, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Pacheko17
    OP

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Southern Confederation
    Made this thread so people can discuss why they think Mario Maker should be ported to the 3DS or should stay on the Wii U.
    I personally think it should be ported, because that was already considered and the 3DS has a much bigger install base than the Wii U.
    But I feel like it should go to the O3DS instead of a N3DS exclusive, but it would still be better on the N3DS because of Amiibo.

Now, before anyone says why it is impossible because of the NSMB U style, that's wrong. Because the NSMBU style uses pre-rendered 3D graphics, just like Donkey Kong Country did on the SNES, that's not really 3D, and they could also limit what you can do with the 3DS version.
    I just feel like this game would be perfect for a handheld device and it would be kind of dumb for Nintendo not to port it over.

Anyways, what's your thoughts about this?

2. nightbreed813

nightbreed813 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2009
    United States
    United States
    Would love this to happen. Don't see why it would be a problem. Might have to limit the number of objects on the screen but it should work.

TheZoroark007 and Pacheko17 like this.
  3. TheZoroark007

TheZoroark007 MK7 CT creator

Apr 2, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Lake Constance
    I would buy it the day it gets released!

4. ant888

ant888 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    This would be amazing, but not sure if I should buy it, since I have Reggie! Next NSMB2 already. Even though the possibilities are limited in the NSMB2 branch of Reggie!. I actually just might buy it.

5. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    The wiiu game was a success and Nintendo was already considering it so it's just a matter of time for the 3ds port.

6. ant888

ant888 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    Where did you hear about Nintendo considering?

7. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mario-maker-online-sharing-being-considered-3ds-ve/1100-6421163/

ImCarlosGG and ant888 like this.
  8. ant888

ant888 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    Interesting. Come to think of it, I would buy for a number of reasons too long to list here. ;)

9. PolyChrome

PolyChrome Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2013
    Brazil
    It would be nice if they include some assets based on handheld titles, like Super Mario Land 1 and 2.

Pacheko17 likes this.
  10. Pacheko17
    OP

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Southern Confederation
    That would be awesome!

11. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    Wigan, UK
    The only problem I can see is [particularly non-XL] the screen being just too small... the devs would have to cater for the non-XL users, and the screen section would probably be small enough to be a teeny bit annoying as a result.... Still, imagine connectivity between the 2 - playing the Wii U levels on the 3DS and vice versa, and a simple switch from NSMBU to 2 on the 3DS - hell, I'd probably end up playing that version more as a result! :D

Bloody hell, that'd be better still! Make it happen Nintendo!

ant888 likes this.
  12. ant888

ant888 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    Being able to switch from NSMBU to 2 would be amazing too.

13. bloodlike

bloodlike Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2015
    United States
    Is NSMBU that different from 2? I've never played NSMBU (or any Wii U mario games) but I was under the impression that if it had New and Mario in the title, it looked and played the exact same as any other game with New and Mario in the title.

I miss when the mario graphics had personality. Mario 1, 3, and World anyone? Amazing... (Wait, those three are all together in ONE game you say???)

I want Mario Maker SOOO badly that I've considered buying a Wii U just for it, but I'm not at that point yet. The system is just too expensive right now to buy it for that one game. I actually was looking into buying one with a broken tablet, but I'd miss out on the creation features, which kind of sucks.

I suspect that Nintendo will release Mario Maker for 3DS, but the small screen really is problematic and is probably the biggest factor that might prevent release. If Nintendo plans to release it, I am willing to bet that they will give NO indication so that they can increase Wii U sales as long as possible. When game and system sales finally plateau, then and only then will they announce a 3DS port (if they decide to do it.)

14. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an enlightened being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    Amiibo? Isn't that those little toys? How do they makes games better?

ComeTurismO likes this.
  15. Pacheko17
    OP

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Southern Confederation
    Maybe unlocking all the costumes faster? Oh welp. I don't like Amiibo myself, but people seem to love those little plastic things.
    If they do release it on the 3DS, I hope it's like Smash. It boots faster on N3DS and has Amiibo support, but plays just the same on O3DS.

16. The Minish LAN

The Minish LAN hi

Sep 9, 2015
    discord
    The Wii U is the cheapest on the market, I don't know what slums you live in but if around $250 is high for a console you got problems

17. Pacheko17
    OP

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Southern Confederation
    Rude, very very rude.
    I'm Brazilian and the Wii U costs around $466 USD there, which is insane considering the minimum wage is $200.
    It's way cheaper here, but a 3DS is still more affordable. You can get one in Brazil for $133 or less.

I'm using Brazil as an example because that's the only third world country I've ever lived in, and bad thing is I have to go back.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  18. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009
    A handheld "Super Mario Player" would suffice for me. Something about the 3DS and its small touchscreen makes me think that it's not an ideal system to design Mario levels on. But an app that simply lets you access the Mario Maker server and play levels on a 3DS sounds nice.

So you could design and play levels on the big screen at home and play levels to kill time while you're out.

19. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    I'm pretty sure Mario Maker will be ported to the 3DS.
    Or at least the 3DS will have something similar, like a "Zelda Maker".

Pacheko17 likes this.
  20. Jwiz33

Jwiz33

Banned
    Jun 5, 2014
    United States
    in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
    I would like this. There have been mario level creator DS homebrew before, and they work fine, which makes me think screen size isn't the main issue. Would the 3DS only be able to play levels made by 3DSs? Or could it play Wii U levels? Regardless, I would buy it.