ROM Hack Mario Kart Zero

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This hack is not really that bad. Music hack. Graphic hack. Everything else expect one. Track. I thought track will be hack as Mario Kart Wii. But it not. It just same regular track. But texture is very nice. So I gave this rate, 8. It really neat. I wish there is way hack for track.

Ray =D

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This hack is not really that bad. Music hack. Graphic hack. Everything else expect one. Track. I thought track will be hack as Mario Kart Wii. But it not. It just same regular track. But texture is very nice. So I gave this rate, 8. It really neat. I wish there is way hack for track.
There are already custom Tracks in the latest Demo... For example GBA Bowsers Castle 1 or SNES Rainbow Road. Or my fully custom Track Rainbow Ray Road.
EDIT: You can see my Custom Tracks on my youtube channel (check my signature)

wwwwworms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But graphic replacements with no sound replacements for characters, broken touchscreen maps, and unmodified menus are extremely unprofessional.

GolyBidoof

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But graphic replacements with no sound replacements for characters, broken touchscreen maps, and unmodified menus are extremely unprofessional.
1. Sound replacement is extremely hard, unless you want to do voice acting. But it isn't the end of the problems. Someone must convert it to WAV, to SWAV and insert to SW... something. The file must be ultra small. If it's bigger, it will become muted, or mute all game. So no reusing sounds from MKWii or MKDD. We can also add Pokemon cries. XD
2. The touchscreen map is broken only on Volcano Island. The problem is, the maps use different NCGR and NSCR system, even using same palette causes game to glitch as on Volcano Island. The successful hack was made twice, and noone knows HOW THE HELL. xD By the way, sometimes track is bigger than 512x512 map. Map size is generated in ARM9, so...
3. Modified Menus are were glitchy. But we're too lazy to redo them. And to make any new. Just wait for next Mario Kart CW, oke? So most are unedited.

Today RC1 gets release, yaaaay.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are already custom Tracks in the latest Demo... For example GBA Bowsers Castle 1 or SNES Rainbow Road. Or my fully custom Track Rainbow Ray Road.
EDIT: You can see my Custom Tracks on my youtube channel (check my signature)
I did look up and not bad that you make those track. I will download them when I get chance.

GolyBidoof

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello people!
Came to say that Mario Kart Zero, our biggest project, is going to be released tomorrow! With 17 Custom Tracks and 15 Nintendo Textured Tracks!
Stay tuned, update tomorrow. This is going to be the 1.0 version, so only small patches will come afterwards. Good night all!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Man I thought this was a MKWii hack before I clicked on it.
After reading the first post, I have to say, MKDS hacks are rather unimpressive compared to what has been accomplished in MKWii...

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
You clicked in the Nintendo DS Category, right?
So it can't be a MKW Hack, unless it's a new Thread.

Also, the Wii is way more powerful than a DS, a DS has loads of limits to deal with, no wonder it's "rather unimpressive".

N!ck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great hack! My only qualms were the unnecessary recolors. Cyanbuster (or w/e) was cool. Changing my precious Wario into some circus freak from Sonic wasn't :(

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the six year bump guys, but DSHack isn't around anymore so I can't post the fix patch there, so my only option is to post it here. As most of you know Mario Kart Zero (v1.3) is the latest, however people have had some nasty compatibility issues running this game on flashcarts. A user made a request to me to look into the issue and I was able to find it quickly and fix the issue. Now by no means am I part of the development team behind this hack, I merely just went out of my way to fix the problem at hand so people can enjoy the game. So without further ado, here is the v1.3.1 fix patch for flashcart compatibility.

Game Dump Needed:
Code:
  File: Mario Kart DS (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).nds
CRC-32: 94e8127e
   MD4: 2ce821efc180decf6fd756b930e85fc6
   MD5: 18635a82108149b46fe276c6fac44ee6
 SHA-1: ce97d9b43f0d3ca0d48b781983e8a16f6393378f

xDeltaUI Download:
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

Attachments

• Mario Kart Zero (v1.3.1) (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).7z
    7 MB · Views: 282

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...