1. JuanMena

OP JuanMena Politically Incorrect ♥️

Mexico
    I've recently began to replay Mario Kart... and I'm curious on two things:

• Is there a cheatcode/hack to get rid of the blooming effect on all tracks?
    • Is there a way to add custom music on CTGP-R just so fan made Nintendo courses plays it's original BGM?

2. BvanBart

BvanBart Gaming addict #2 and some

Netherlands
    For Wii? There are whole custom tracks you can download and make. These are mostly presented in complete ISO packages. Google is your friend here due to forum rules about piracy.

jeannotte and JuanMena like this.
  3. JuanMena

OP JuanMena Politically Incorrect ♥️

Mexico
    Okay, as obvious as this response was, it actually helped.
    Yeah, so all I have to do is to actually download each song and replace it with the proper ID... but one doubt strikes me...
    It only replaces already existent music files within the game?
    Or the game detects custom track's IDs in order to have multiple songs?

I mean the following:
    CTGPR uses the Koopa Cape music in Piranha Plant Pipe.
    If I download the proper Piranha Plant Pipe music to replace it... Koopa Cape will also play Piranha Plant Pipe music?

alexander1970 likes this.
  4. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    You're right, it would play Piranha Plant Pipe music on Koopa Cape in that case. As to my knowledge, there is no easy way around this.

5. Cryoraptor

Cryoraptor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Custom tracks use Nintendo tracks as a base, because to my knowledge, you can't write new course entries into MKWii, or if you can, no modders are sophisticated enough to have figured out how yet. I would assume it's hard-coded.

When you play Piranha Plant Pipe, you're really playing a heavily edited version of Koopa Cape. So when the game loads PPP, it's really being told to load this heavily edited version of KC that is on your SD card, and so it uses the KC music file. There's no way around it. If you want to change the custom track music, you have to change the Nintendo track music.

JuanMena likes this.
  6. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    I'm not completely sure if it would work, but here's an idea that would take a lot more effort than it's worth:
    Add triggers to custom tracks that switch it to other audio tracks in the audio file, and make extra audio tracks for the new music
    (Courses such as Koopa Cape, Toad's Factory, and Bowser's Castle use these for switching to inside variants of the song)
    The brsar would also have to be edited, I believe
    I don't know for sure if it would work, and it's probably not at all worth the effort, but it's an idea

JuanMena likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Mario, doubt,