Mario Kart Problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by mariokartbj, Oct 5, 2008.

Oct 5, 2008

Mario Kart Problem by mariokartbj at 5:11 PM (1,216 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. mariokartbj
    OP

Newcomer mariokartbj Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi, i've tried everything to solve this problem, hopefully someone with a greater knowledge than me can assist.

1) When playing Mario Kart in single player mode using cheats, the game works fine, for example I can permantly have red shells etc.

2) When using the game in multiplayer mode, the permant red shells (or whatever item I chose via the cheat menu) does not work.

3) However, the person I am playing in multiplayer mode is shown having the item I selected from my cheat menu but they are unable
    to see thereselves actually having it on their screen.

4) On my screen I can see the other person has the item and I can see it being used but they can't.

5) Also we both appear to be in first positon on our own screens, but when looking on the player sidebar I am shown in 8th on my friends
    screen and he is shown as 8th on my screen.

6) When we complete the race, I am shown as being first on my screen but 8th on my friends and vice versa.

I hope this makes sense as it is really confusing me that the cheat will work in single player mode but causes so many problems in multiplayer.

Before anyone asks, we have both completed the game in single player without any cheats we just wanted the cheat option in multiplayer
    to make things a bit more challenging between us.

I have patched files, reformatted and tried nearly everything but can't find anything relatind to this problem anywhere.

Thanks

Ben

2. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Seriously consider formatting that post man. It is very hard to read.

3. mariokartbj
    OP

Newcomer mariokartbj Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hopefully it now is a little easier on the eye, as well as easier to understand.

Thanks

4. X D D X

Member X D D X GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    Cheats cause a lot of problems in Multiplayer and are quite buggy. Just don't use cheats in Multiplayer.

5. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    Its buggy and sometimes unsync you from the other player. I remembered finishing the race already and it was black screen, and on my friends ds i can still control my cart on his screen.

6. Miltank

Newcomer Miltank Member

United States
    Don't cheat in MP my man!

And btw, yeah i have the same problem with other games too if u get online and try to cheat. [​IMG]

7. fimbulveter

Newcomer fimbulveter Member

United States
    Yea cheats dont work well in multiplayer. They usually only will work on your nds.

For ex. if u set on "always choose figure 8 circuit"

It will only be the figure 8 circuit on your nds.

The other person will be driving on a cpmletely diffrent map.

8. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Well, if you're just using the official cheat dat maintained by Narin, the reason the cheats ain't working in multi-player is because all multi-player codes have been removed from the dat....at least online multi anyway.

If you added WiFi cheats yourself and they aren't working......well......I'm not too sure.

What brand of flashcart are you using? A few of them don't handle all cheats correctly.