You have sustained a lethal injury.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
So today I've played about 50 matches online and I must say there is no lag and everything works fine but...

I'm fed up with this already. No matter how good you are in this game, there's no way to win. In all the 50 times I played I once had the number 1 spot, and that was when playing to one other person
laugh.gif

But seriously, allthough a bit of online racing mayhem may be fun (I still enjoy it to some extent) this is a ridiculous game to play online. It's one big free-for-all. And I believe some have a tactic to place themselves in last position at the beginning in order to get the MEGABULLET! I really thought Nintendo could have make this way better. For instance it would be fair to also participate in races WITHOUT weapons. That way people could show off their racing skills. Right now for me it was "What the f**? I'm in first position!!!! Whoooohoo-- oh wait, I'm 12th again, thanks to a blue bomb. Well, this might be fun for a couple of hours but it's driving me nuts already.

Also when there's more then 5 people competing, it turns out to be chaos. I really cannot put any effort in it anymore when I get 2 red shells AND a MEGABULLET shoved up my ass within 5 seconds.

It would have been fun if you could compete against not more than 4 or 5 people, but sadly it's just a big Super Smash Brothers Brawl on wheels and people's racing skills cannot save them in the end.

Again I think it's fun, but in the end a very dissapointing attempt in making online mode really shine.

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
150cc syndrome. you just keep getting reamed and reamed. if you dont like it; then dont be in first place as simple as that. 1st place has disadvantages of getting drilled by weapons AND snaking you at the very end to steal the lead. play it safe at 3 or 4, then half way through the final lap, fire your kart up.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
But the next thing is that everything is so anonymous, you hop in, and hop out again. There's nothing like a real cup where you play 10 rounds and 1 winner rolls out. It's just constantly "Next Race", and off you go.

With Tetris DS I was constantly playing online. It was fun. Because with serious skills you can get a long way. And seriously I want to join in when I think I have a decent chance of winning, which was the case in Tetris DS, but with this...COME ON!!!!

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did you have to create this post. 3 posts below this one is a post label Mario Kart Online, in which you posted the same exact comments.

I hate to be an jerk about it, but there are so many repeated threads about the same thing, that it gets irritating.

Gangboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The online mode is really fun when you are bored to play against cpu or friends who have just begun playing it.

Much more of a challenge to compete against online real players.
smile.gif

I already have a rating of 6100+ and have the golden steering wheel. Playing it with the wheel just owns!
cool.gif

Ralek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im not sure that i get your point. I mean this is what mario kart is and ever has been, its simple love it or hate it ^^ So i have to admit that the more people there are in a game they more letz say action/arcade orientated it gets. But for me i luv the possiblity to play online when none of my folks are around, way more fun than playing against cpu. If u dont like the game mechanics for some reason just skip it and dont blame Nintendo to stay mostly true to an old and beloved franchise.

Jibib

Trophies
Website
www.nitroclan.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Ralek said:
Im not sure that i get your point. I mean this is what mario kart is and ever has been, its simple love it or hate it ^^ So i have to admit that the more people there are in a game they more letz say action/arcade orientated it gets. But for me i luv the possiblity to play online when none of my folks are around, way more fun than playing against cpu. If u dont like the game mechanics for some reason just skip it and dont blame Nintendo to stay mostly true to an old and beloved franchise.

Exactly Mario Kart is what it is.. Buy some other game like grand turismo or something like that if you just want to show off your skills..

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I totally agree, this is a game of no skill whatsoever, Nintendo have failed yet agian with another dissapointing sequal, they should have gave up after Mario Kart 64.
I hated snaking in Mario Kart DS, but saying that it was the only skill in the game.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you want a real driving game requiring skill, get GT5.
This all-out powerup madness is just how mario kart is. you love it or hate it.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kedest said:
if you want a real driving game requiring skill, get GT5.
This all-out powerup madness is just how mario kart is. you love it or hate it.

All I want is the feel and skill of Super Mario Kart on the SNES.

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, agreed. Its all about taste, i think they did a really really great job with this release. This game is all about illusion not reality>fun not serious. For me this is absolutely the best mk release sinds the snes. Huray nintendo my freinds ^^

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
I think y'all just suck. Learn to use the boosts properly and get used to one of the karts. Oh and if you're in first perpetually drag something behind you to avoid rape.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What really disappoints me is that only 100cc is available in online mode...What were they thinking?
wtf.gif

I'm also quite confident it's impossible to have a lag-free match with 12 players online...Why didn't they include a LAN mode like they did in Double Dash? Especially now that the game's on a console that's hugely popular and that has WiFi capabilities, which would easily allow players to connect their Wiis and have 12 player matches offline without the need of any special hardware...
Of course, this wouldn't be half as bad if at least the online mode was halfway decent and lag-free
dry.gif

itago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You guys just care too much about winning
laugh.gif
In the end.. that's not what Mario Kart is about.

And I haven't had any lag so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Don't walk towards the light!