Hacking mario kart ds crash

deviations

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i go to the friends roster and exit, i get a black screen. music goes away and my green light flashes. i have a brand new r4 firmware 1.05, adata 1gb fat32, and ds lite. anyone else have this prob?

edit: rom is trimmed, and it only crashes when i exit with the b button.

D

Deleted User

Don't have the problem.

I have a DS Lite, R4 1.06 Firmware, A-Data 1Gb MicroSD using FAT

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I'll check it out for you.

It would be a serious problem if it occured in every case.

edit: no problem.
loader 1.06, unflashed DS, Sandisk Ultra II 1 GB

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
when i go to the friends roster and exit, i get a black screen. music goes away and my green light flashes. i have a brand new r4 firmware 1.05, adata 1gb fat32, and ds lite. anyone else have this prob?

All I wanted for Christian-Mass was an R4 DS and I ended up getting an M3 Simply. But I'll test it for you anyway:

*Unflashed, Black DS Lite, Sold for the Americas
*A-Data Super 1GB
*M3 DS Simply, Software v1.01
*Super Mario Kart DS (USA), CRC D47555BE
*FAT32

Results - friends roster and game works great, even though I suck at 150cc. I hit B to go back from the Friends Roster and it was fine. I used the touch screen to back from the Friends Roster and it was fine.

deviations

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All I wanted for Christian-Mass was an R4 DS and I ended up getting an M3 Simply. But I'll test it for you anyway:

*A-Data Super 1GB
*M3 DS Simply, Software v1.01
*Super Mario Kart DS (USA), CRC D47555BE
*FAT32

Results - friends roster and game works great, even though I suck at 150cc. I hit B to go back from the Friends Roster and it was fine. I used the touch screen to back from the Friends Roster and it was fine.

strange, i guess its only me with the problem. where can i get the checksum thing to check my rom?

i guess ill try it non-trimmed, and then if it still crashes ill reformat the card.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
strange, i guess its only me with the problem. where can i get the checksum thing to check my rom?

i guess ill try it non-trimmed, and then if it still crashes ill reformat the card.

I use 7-zip for all of my compression needs, and it includes a CRC column in the file description when you open it normally. Other ways to check it? I can't think of a program that can, but there must be a lot of them out there!

deviations

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I use 7-zip for all of my compression needs, and it includes a CRC column in the file description when you open it normally. Other ways to check it? I can't think of a program that can, but there must be a lot of them out there!

gotcha. winrar the colum too. i have the same crc as you.

i gotta go, but when i get back ill test if the non-trimmed rom crashes.

deviations

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heh, same thing happens with the untrimmed rom. hopefully i dont have a defected r4 or sd card.

going to format the card in fat16, ill post back the results when im done.

deviations

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my rom is the same as other peoples roms though. ill try the european version. also, is it possible that a corrupt save is causing the crash?

mcbey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey I was wondering If we should add a section in the compatibility list for trimmed roms. Just an Idea cause I'm to cheap too buy a new memory card and Have already had to trim one of My games to make it fit. If the trimmer does have problems, we could prove it in the compat list and make the R4 team fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.