Mario Kart 8 "Touchscreen Edition"

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Saiyan Lusitano, May 30, 2017.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    I thought about trying to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with the Switch console only as a tablet/smartphone not realising it didn't have motion controls but that could definitely work on a smartphone/tablet with the bare essentials.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has features to make sure the player never falls off the track and auto-acceleration so here's hoping Mario Kart will be one of Ninty's next smartphone games. :)

2. Akiru_the_wolf

Akiru_the_wolf Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2017
    United States
    I'm going to be honest although highly unlikely I love the idea

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  3. Lukerz

Lukerz Sloth. That's it.

Apr 24, 2017
    United States
    Maryland
    I don't think this will happen but if it does I'm gonna be first in line to get it.

4. g00s3y

g00s3y Asshole

Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    FL
    The "first in line" to download a mobile game...

5. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I see you underestimate virtual lines, they can get very long and packed and you may need to wait for long due to overstaturated servers not being able to cope.
    The worst thing is you don't even realize where in the line are you, and so it happens that you run at opening time to buy some limited edition (or movie, concert, whatever ticket), and it is already sold out...

6. Scarlet

Scarlet It's Basically Christmas

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    For the record, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe does have motion controls. The issue with what you're wanting to do is that the motion sensor thing is in the right JoyCon. On top of that, you'd have no way to accelerate (not counting the auto acceleration because it sucks). But I agree it's a shame. Playing VOEZ on the Switch made me realise it's really nice to use as just a tablet.