Hacking Mario Kart 8 music pack help?

N a t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I found out that I need multi-channel BFSTMs for certain tracks. Does anyone know of a good converter program or way to do it myself? I tried two converters but both of them failed to work.

I can't find a good tutorial for doing it manually either. There are two forums with guides, but both forums are down.

This is the last thing I need to complete the pack. ;o;

Last edited by N a t,

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I only have the answer to the first question; they are multi-channel like MKW. You need to make a multi-channel BRSTM and convert it.

edit: by menu themes do you mean the main menu? because those are changed by editing the bflims. There's no master file list documented anywhere unfortunately.

Last edited by Harmonia,

N a t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, that's what I thought. I wasn't sure though since there are videos of the different parts on YouTube, I thought they might be separate music files. I haven't messed with multi-channels before, I'll have to see about that.

Yeah I meant the menu music. The mod pack I have actually has the title menu music changed and I thought I could change it the same way as the others. There were two menu songs in the pack so I changed them, only to find out one was for the offline mode select menus and the other was for MKTV.

I'm surprised there isn't a master list of at least the music files since it's obvious people have figured out most of them.

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I meant the menu music. The mod pack I have actually has the title menu music changed and I thought I could change it the same way as the others.

oh, by menu themes for some reason I read it as the images that show on the main menu. whoops. uhh, yeah I'm not sure what the file is for that, sorry.

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I dont think it has to do with multichannel. The song ends at the 3rd lap since final lap is different. Just copy yoyr normal track and replace N with F.
2. Its muffled because of high kbps. Ur mp3 before converting needs to be 128-196 kbps
3. About the list. I have a paste bin with course names only. U can do two things for other files.
A. Download full game or rip game and listen to bfstm with brawlbox
B. Use cafiine and anytime u load a song it loads on the black log screen. Just pause and copy the names u need.

I also made a pack but need to edit music as a couple of tracks are not loud enough

I wish there was a code to pull up volume for music or an easer way to test music volume

Last edited by Don Jon,

N a t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, by menu themes for some reason I read it as the images that show on the main menu. whoops. uhh, yeah I'm not sure what the file is for that, sorry.

Hmm, that's odd then. There isn't another music file that could be the title screen, so I'm not sure. Maybe there's something like the BRSAR from MKW with all the sounds and stuff? Doesn't explain why the other menus can be changed though.

1. I dont think it has to do with multichannel. The song ends at the 3rd lap since final lap is different. Just copy yoyr normal track and replace N with F.
2. Its muffled because of high kbps. Ur mp3 before converting needs to be 128-196 kbps
3. About the list. I have a paste bin with course names only. U can do two things for other files.
A. Download full game or rip game and listen to bfstm with brawlbox
B. Use cafiine and anytime u load a song it loads on the black log screen. Just pause and copy the names u need.

I also made a pack but need to edit music as a couple of tracks are not loud enough

I wish there was a code to pull up volume for music or an easer way to test music volume

I'm not talking about the final laps, I have all of those. I'm talking about the certain parts of tracks where the music changes, like the synthesizer part of Electrodrome or the thundercloud tunnel in Cloudtop Cruise. I'll have to see about the kbps, I use a BRSTM Conversion Tool so I think it does most of the work for me. I'm rather new to actually doing the converting myself lol.

And I feel you on that last part. I changed a couple songs since they weren't loud enough. I increased the volume on Tick-Tock Clock THREE TIMES and it's STILL barely audible. There's also the losing theme which is extremely quiet for some reason...

Does anyone know where I can find a working multi channel BRSTM converter? I tried one but it says every file is "in use by another process" (which they aren't), tried another and it crashes every time I open it.

Bump. Edited OP with what I currently need help with.

N a t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mute City: FZero_Reslut_WU
Big Blue: FZeroBigblue_Reslut_WU
Animal Crossing: Animal_Reslut_WU

Thanks, I actually found these yesterday along with the wifi theme.

Now all I need is a multi brstm converter so I can finally release this music pack. But I can't find one. :/

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I found out that I need multi-channel BFSTMs for certain tracks. Does anyone know of a good converter program or way to do it myself? I tried two converters but both of them failed to work.

I can't find a good tutorial for doing it manually either. There are two forums with guides, but both forums are down.

This is the last thing I need to complete the pack. ;o;

Please stop bumping the thread
(it is against the rules and kind of annoying)

If you want to do things manually you could try this:
(100% untested by me, if successful 100% credit should go to @AHP_person,
if it does not work ZER0% of the blame should go to @AHP_person)

Creating BCSTMs with more than 2 channels from .wavs:

Things you'll need:
-Latest Audacity
-Every File Explorer (Just until I can find something else that can loop and export more than 2 channels)

1. Open up Audacity

2. Go to Edit>Preferences>Import/Export and check "Use custom mix"

3. Have all of the .wavs you want to import

4. Drag them into audacity in order (If you're replacing a file in a rom, use the same order as the original)

5. When you have that done go to File>Export Audio

6. Save as .wav, it'll prompt you with the list of channels in order.

7. Once it's saved open Every File Explorer

8. Go to File>New from File>Nintendo 3DS Plugin>CTR Stream (CSTM) and open your .wav

9. Go to File>Save and save your new BCSTM

10. then convert BCSTM to BFSTM

Source:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-multi-stream-bcstm-stuff.379899/

You could also consult with @BullyWiiPlaza
Amazing! I was going to do some custom music for MK8 so this comes in handy. But Windows is not supported yet :/
I'll just do it the "old" way.

Last edited by Bug_Checker_, , Reason: typo = BFSTRM should be BFSTM

N a t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please stop bumping the thread
(it is against the rules and kind of annoying)

If you want to do things manually you could try this:
(100% untested by me, if successful 100% credit should go to @AHP_person,
if it does not work ZER0% of the blame should go to @AHP_person)

Creating BCSTMs with more than 2 channels from .wavs:

Things you'll need:
-Latest Audacity
-Every File Explorer (Just until I can find something else that can loop and export more than 2 channels)

1. Open up Audacity

2. Go to Edit>Preferences>Import/Export and check "Use custom mix"

3. Have all of the .wavs you want to import

4. Drag them into audacity in order (If you're replacing a file in a rom, use the same order as the original)

5. When you have that done go to File>Export Audio

6. Save as .wav, it'll prompt you with the list of channels in order.

7. Once it's saved open Every File Explorer

8. Go to File>New from File>Nintendo 3DS Plugin>CTR Stream (CSTM) and open your .wav

9. Go to File>Save and save your new BCSTM

10. then convert BCSTM to BFSTM

Source:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-multi-stream-bcstm-stuff.379899/

You could also consult with @BullyWiiPlaza

Well if people would actually help I wouldn't have to keep bumping. :)

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-