Not open for further replies.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See that's the thing is that I didn't know there was such a thing until just now. You'd think they'd document it on WiiUBrew.org, or, hell, even on the original tockdom site instead of making some brand new wiki just for one game.
EDIT: Of course it's tockdom, it's always tockdom.
EDIT2:

That's basically what I'm saying, pack up and go home. Nothing's going to happen anytime soon.
NWPlayer has been a big, not sure if this is the right word, apologist. Let's be honest here, none of this will be released. Last I checked the WiiKeyU (or whatever the name is or will become) keeps getting delayed. "Fatal error" seemed to come on talking about this pirate device and was later exposed to be a farce (this poster). I'll go further and say nothing will ever happen. Trilinux or whatever the name will become is lacking SMP support which is CENTRAL and I don't see that happening. People talk a great game about taking from the 360 linux (SMP stuff) but thus far I've seen nothing done. I don't see that going beyond where it is because of the SMP part. Polish the rest and get other parts but without SMP it is useless. Good people try and have been trying with it but obviously the SMP part is beyond them.

What will happen is like f0f. A few will have the goods and it won't be shared. Like this thread, if these guys go further, they won't say and they won't share. For one it is SAFER for them, and secondly it is human nature to want control for themselves (whoever "they" are). Anyone can be wrong but I think maybe the best thing to do is move along and stop giving attention. Everyone knows "We don't want it used for this" means, "We are going to be doing this but won't tell you how." It is safe but annoying.

Reactions: Margen67

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Morals in a console hacking scene. :wacko:

Hacking morals be damned. Either they release it or don't brag about like a taunting five year old brat who claims they stole their little sister's Barbie doll and then proceeded to destroy it. There goes the Wii U game modding scene. Bunch a pussies. :rolleyes: Granted, while I agree they don't owe us anything at all, the whole "look what I can do" mentality is utter BS.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, MK hacks that we'll never get or be able to experiment with on our own thanks to unsubstantiated bullshit fears.:rolleyes:

And that's why I'm rooting for them "freedom-loving" pirates this time around. They'll actually give us access to the whole console, where public mods of Wii U games will be possible.

I'd like to believe that the group here will release their hacks, but fear will be the ultimate fate maker. Their fear of their stuff being used for unsettling things will ultimately prevail.

ETA: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself" - FDR.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that's why I'm rooting for them "freedom-loving" pirates this time around. They'll actually give us access to the whole console, where public mods of Wii U games will be possible.

I'd like to believe that the group here will release their hacks, but fear will be the ultimate fate maker. Their fear of their stuff being used for unsettling things will ultimately prevail.

Again, it's all boiled down to irrational and unsubstantiated fears that the hacks will somehow ruin the console or game, when that's simply not the case, nor has it ever been the case. Console hackers, being deterred one by one from unwarranted pusillanimity for nearly two decades.

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States

The pirates are the good guys on the 3DS scene right now. They aren't giving us kernel access yet, in fear of people allowing a free version of piracy, though. Probably wouldn't be difficult for someone to reverse engineer their firmware into something more useful, but after the Bricking Fiasco they've set in stone that if you mess with their shit, you'll get fucked up.

ETA: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself" - FDR.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The pirates are the good guys on the 3DS scene right now. They aren't giving us kernel access yet, in fear of people allowing a free version of piracy, though. Probably wouldn't be difficult for someone to reverse engineer their firmware into something more useful, but after the Bricking Fiasco they've set in stone that if you mess with their shit, you'll get fucked up.

And yoy call them the "good guys".
They don't really help in any way except piracy.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yoy call them the "good guys".
They don't really help in any way except piracy.
Piracy, emulation, and homebrew scenes have done more for preserving videogames than any of the actual developers and publishers and manufacturers so far. Some of us care about this stuff more than just as a business model.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are right I think, but I don't really care so much, I'm happy with the normal MK8 tracks.

I would love to see mods for SSB Wii U, but this is pretty much the only chance we've got for potential character replacement mods. However, if they're gonna be cowards about it... *sigh* ugh...

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I would love to see mods for SSB Wii U, but this is pretty much the only chance we've got for potential character replacement mods. However, if they're gonna be cowards about it... *sigh* ugh...

Well, Mario Kart 8 is one thing, SSB is other, then OF COURSE I want to see mods in SSB of the Wii U!, that would be great!, but since no exploit kernel and PPC kernel it's out, it's not possible :( , I'm still in 5.0.0 firmware, I hope someday I can do something interesting in the Wii U.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ain't holding my breath; I know the Wii U itself is being worked on for an exploit where it doesn't matter if you're on 5.1.2 or not, as many developers have assured us there is no advantage to being on 5.0.0, MarioNumber1 being one of them. That being said, something is being worked on, what that is, I don't know. The Webkit Exploit has a lot of limitations and is of no use for the average Joe, so yes, you ca n go to 5.1.2 as I already have, something big's being worked on as we speak. These MK 8 guys however, I fear are stunting the Wii U hacking scene by their refusing to explain or release the method.

Reactions: Margen67

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I ain't holding my breath; I know the Wii U itself is being worked on for an exploit where it doesn't matter if you're on 5.1.2 or not, as many developers have assured us there is no advantage to being on 5.0.0, MarioNumber1 being one of them. That being said, something is being worked on, what that is, I don't know. The Webkit Exploit has a lot of limitations and is of no use for the average Joe, so yes, you ca n go to 5.1.2 as I already have, something big's being worked on as we speak. These MK 8 guys however, I fear are stunting the Wii U hacking scene by their refusing to explain or release the method.

Yeah I know that, but I'm in 5.0.0 because I like to run some unsigned code in the console via Python, it's very limited, that's right, but I prefer be in 5.0.0, maybe some update could fix WebKit bugs, but WebKit it's full of bugs anyway, they will took a lot of time fix all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok for real i'm back
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro lost all his money on gacha toys
    https://gachax2.com/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i thought you were spamming
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just telling everyone i was collecting bullion, desperate times calls for desperate measures
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just "window" shopping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna leave in any moment
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed, does that mean i gave you a stack?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i don't get it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have it you fucking monster
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what i didn't do anything!
  • T @ Texasauras:
    since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the roulette table does that mean i "gave" you a stack lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop touching people's stacks
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i have access to an AI that makes CGI movie scenes
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's in beta
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, Windows 97 is canon in some timeline
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, Windows 97 is canon in some timeline