Gaming Mario Kart 7 - Worth it?

_V1qY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I hear that most of the game is just online racing against others, is it easy to find others online to play against or are the servers a little dry?

I was a big fan of the missions for Mario Kart DS and since there are none for Mario Kart 7... Is there actually anything worth doing other than online play?

Thanks in advanced!

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I sold off MK7 - but only because I switched my 3DS to a Japanese one.

MK7 is generally okay compared to the DS version. The graphics are wonderful, solid framerates, customizable carts, more characters, well-designed ex tracks and robust online. It's not difficult to find online players back then. I suppose right now it is not as hyper as last time, but it should still be fairly easy to get online players.

One thing which I really dislike is the removal of missions. That is what makes MK7 just a mere okay compared to the DS version. Sadly, Grand Prix and Time Trials don't work out too much for me. There's still the balloon thing IIRC. I give this game a 7/10 for all the improvement in mechanics.

Reactions: Black-Ice

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were the mission that big a deal on the DS? I've heard people mention it, but I never touched the DS one.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mario Kart 7 is worth it, for the challenges you can develop among your family members. For an example, if you make a good score in Coconut Mall - in the Time Trials mode, you can get someone to beat it, which makes the challenging enjoyable. Another reason is for the online multiplayer. The pros are that the 3DS isn't hacked yet, so there aren't any assholes speeding and hacking, which ruins the gameplay. One thing that I wanted were missions. As the DS version had missions, it got me quite entertained during dark nights, lying down and playing. That's all I don't like of the MK7.
So, I suggest you get it. The coin battle and balloon battles are fun, too. OP, GET THE GAME!

Metab.

Check my signature for the latest news on the 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Buy it.
I have it and its a game that will always keep you coming back to it.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought the DS missions were a little crappy actually.
Far, far too easy to beat (most of them anyway), and there weren't that many.

Mario Kart 7 is a huge leap from Mario Kart DS. I say get it.

aur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i found it to be well worth it, i still play it regularly (offline only)

the only thing that slightly annoys me is that if you only play offline collecting all the coins required for every kart part takes a while

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MK7 is probably the best mario kart game, in my opinion.
But at the same time, it really shows how stale the series has become.
Every mario kart is exactly the same, just with slightly different mechanics, different tracks, characters, items, etc.

The novelty of THIS one as opposed to all the other ones will probably wear off in a week or so.
But hey, if you want a portable mario kart that you can play against people online, I guess this is the way to go.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the end of the day that is all I wanted was a mario kart on a portable system that had good multiplayer system. Do another Double Dash and Nintendo is golden, though I doubt we'll ever see that kind of mario kart ever again.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were the mission that big a deal on the DS? I've heard people mention it, but I never touched the DS one.
Oh i get it, because the DS was the first one to have a touch screen... ha.

Its great, if you want something you can always hop online to play a few matches, MK7 is your game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol