ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SenorContento

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
senorcontento.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Game patches are incompatible with layeredfs. The only thing you can do is download a 1.1 cia (since you own the game it is ok)
So, I tried to pull the cia from FunkyCIA2, however, upon install by using FBI, it says invalid signature. The signatures are patched and I checked for file corruption. I also cannot seem to decrypt the cia by using Decrypt9WIP. I may try to manually merge the update cia with the cia I generated from my flash cart (which does install and run properly).

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So, I tried to pull the cia from FunkyCIA2, however, upon install by using FBI, it says invalid signature. The signatures are patched and I checked for file corruption. I also cannot seem to decrypt the cia by using Decrypt9WIP. I may try to manually merge the update cia with the cia I generated from my flash cart (which does install and run properly).
That won't work.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Version 0.4.1 has been released, including a fully updater for ntr method, and tick tock clock. You won't need to use your PC to update anymore :)

FOR HANS, YOU STILL HAVE TO USE YOUR PC.

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 0.4.1 has been released, including a fully updater for ntr method, and tick tock clock. You won't need to use your PC to update anymore :)

FOR HANS, YOU STILL HAVE TO USE YOUR PC.
Do I just add the update files to the root of my sd card? (for the ntr method? I just installed the ntr version about a week ago...)

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope if you copy script.lua and updater.lua to ctgp-7 folder and run the manager, it will update.
I added the files to the correct folder and got the error:

Error: [string "?"]:109: script doesn't exist.

Edit: Sorry, I derped and forgot to add the updater.lua... :wacko:

Last edited by Garblant,

SenorContento

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
senorcontento.github.io
XP
Country
United States
That won't work.

So, here is the weird thing. Due to the fact that I have my flash cart converted to cia and installed, eshop says I could redownload the games for free. So, I tried it to see what would happen. It did not work, regardless of whether the custom version is installed or not. I got the eshop error code 007-6106 when I tried downloading directly from eshop and error code 005-8034 when I tried downloading from the home menu. As for the part, PabloMK7, where you said "That won't work.", are you talking about the decrypting the cia from FunkyCIA2, the combining the patch with the flash carts cia, or both?

Code 005-8034 seems to not be in Nintendo's database and code 007-6106 is when the eshop claims to not be able to connect to eshop (although I can connect just fine and download other software just fine).

In my testing of FunkyCIA2, I installed the patch's cia to my system to see if it works, and it works just fine as if I had downloaded it from eshop.

Last edited by SenorContento,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So, here is the weird thing. Due to the fact that I have my flash cart converted to cia and installed, eshop says I could redownload the games for free. So, I tried it to see what would happen. It did not work, regardless of whether the custom version is installed or not. I got the eshop error code 007-6106 when I tried downloading directly from eshop and error code 005-8034 when I tried downloading from the home menu. As for the part, PabloMK7, where you said "That won't work.", are you talking about the decrypting the cia from FunkyCIA2, the combining the patch with the flash carts cia, or both?

Code 005-8034 seems to not be in Nintendo's database and code 007-6106 is when the eshop claims to not be able to connect to eshop (although I can connect just fine and download other software just fine).

In my testing of FunkyCIA2, I installed the patch's cia to my system to see if it works, and it works just fine as if I had downloaded it from eshop.
Non legit cias don't have valid signatures or/and tickets, that's why you can't redownload them. (afaik)

SenorContento

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
senorcontento.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Non legit cias don't have valid signatures or/and tickets, that's why you can't redownload them. (afaik)

So, I decided to find myself a legit MK7 cia for 1.1 and found that although it did work when not running CTGP-7, it couldn't even load the game when running CTGP-7. I am stuck at what to do to get the online mode to work. I also made sure that the patch wasn't installed separately and even cleared my game save and ghost data to see if that had anything to do with it. It did not.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So, I decided to find myself a legit MK7 cia for 1.1 and found that although it did work when not running CTGP-7, it couldn't even load the game when running CTGP-7. I am stuck at what to do to get the online mode to work. I also made sure that the patch wasn't installed separately and even cleared my game save and ghost data to see if that had anything to do with it. It did not.
I hope you dumped the cia cxi, and generated it again?

SenorContento

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
senorcontento.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I hope you dumped the cia cxi, and generated it again?

I hadn't touched the original cia besides trying to decrypt/extract (not sure why it failed, maybe it was already decrypted). I installed the original though. Maybe me not extracting and rebuilding the cxi was why.

I also had tried merging my cia with the update cia and got it to show the Mario Kart 7 loading screen before showing a power off error message. I had used a combination of ctrtool, 3dstool, and makerom. When I had installed this version the banner showed up properly and even got rid of the update message on the homescreen. It just failed to load.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I hadn't touched the original cia besides trying to decrypt/extract (not sure why it failed, maybe it was already decrypted). I installed the original though. Maybe me not extracting and rebuilding the cxi was why.

I also had tried merging my cia with the update cia and got it to show the Mario Kart 7 loading screen before showing a power off error message. I had used a combination of ctrtool, 3dstool, and makerom. When I had installed this version the banner showed up properly and even got rid of the update message on the homescreen. It just failed to load.
You can't do that with MK7, the problem is that you haven't regenerated the plugin.

SenorContento

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
senorcontento.github.io
XP
Country
United States
You can't do that with MK7, the problem is that you haven't regenerated the plugin.

So, for regenerating the plugin, you are talking about LayeredFS? If so, is this the translation data you are talking about? I will try that when I get back and let you know if it works. Thanks.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So, for regenerating the plugin, you are talking about LayeredFS? If so, is this the translation data you are talking about? I will try that when I get back and let you know if it works. Thanks.
Yes, I mean get the cxi of the new cia with btaindump, and use that, each game version has different code.

D

Deleted User

The computers and items are REALLY glitchy in Figure-8 Circuit! I'm using the NTR version on 100cc btw

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The manager is a super cool idea though!

SenorContento

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
senorcontento.github.io
XP
Country
United States

That did the trick! The cia version now works with online mode for both Mario Kart 7 and CTGP-7. Thank You!

Edit: Here is the interesting thing about the cia. While in MK7 mode, it does not display the update message on the home screen. In CTGP-7, it does. However, it still works online on both modes. To get rid of the update message, I had reinstalled the patch from eshop. CTGP-7 still loads and connects online and MK7 still works fully too.

Last edited by SenorContento,
Reactions: PabloMK7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1