Hacking mario galaxy 2

Shelleeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i need to do a firmware upgrade from the 4.2e i put on recently and want to know if i put the 4.3e wad on what will i have to put back on/what will stop working (homebrew channel, additional channels i've added)
i didn't realise when i brought smg2 that the update to 4.3e would be needed and don't wanna loose the homebrew channel if i can help it.
is 4.3e a problematic wad or will it run the same.
i neeeeeeeeeed to get this disc running by teatime so any help is very grateful.

thanks for any help

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You can avoid updating by running the game through Gecko OS.

Personally I block updates with a mod chip, but I doubt you want to hardmod your wii
biggrin.gif

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Shelleeson said:
Y05h1 thanks for the quick reply.
i've considered modding it for a few years now but can't be bothered taking it apart.
is it pretty foolproof? any known errors with it?

Soft modding has progressed to the point now where mod chips serve little purpose anymore. Of course there are certain benefits, but I don't think the cost and the risk of damaging the wii when opening it are really worth it anymore... I would say that the only benefit it has over just softmodding is that it's not affected by updates. And even then, that serves little purpose when owning a wii that is both softmodded and hardmodded. A few months ago, I might have recommended it though. But not anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy