Hacking Mario and Sonic at the olympic games...

Ltkort

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
like what?

In loading screen: The game sic could not be read. Please contact the wii operations manual for more information.

I tried it with the 002 fix, nothing
forced PAL, nothing
forced NTSC, nothing
Reboot, nothing....

What to do?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ltkort said:
like what?

In loading screen: The game sic could not be read. Please contact the wii operations manual for more information.

forced PAL, nothing
forced NTSC, nothing
Reboot, nothing....

What to do?

Next you you could tell that you are speaking of backup launching.

Run the game with SoftChip, set SoftChip to IOS249 and tell me which revision is displayed in SoftChip.

Ltkort

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Ltkort said:
like what?

forced PAL, nothing
forced NTSC, nothing
Reboot, nothing....

What to do?

Next you you could tell that you are speaking of backup launching.

Run the game with SoftChip, set SoftChip to IOS249 and tell me which revision is displayed in SoftChip.

where can i download it, and what else do i need to use softchip?

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
it's a bad burn, and if it was workin before and has now stopped then the disk is scratched or is smudged or is a cheap ass disk and the dye's got f@@ked up, i've just had the same issue with COD:WAW it worked fine for ages now i get the "could not read disk......" i've just this second burt a new copy and i am about to test it!

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
nutta_nic said:
it's a bad burn, and if it was workin before and has now stopped then the disk is scratched or is smudged or is a cheap ass disk and the dye's got f@@ked up, i've just had the same issue with COD:WAW it worked fine for ages now i get the "could not read disk......" i've just this second burt a new copy and i am about to test it!

my appollogies, i got the same error, i had to upgrade to 3.4 today then downgraded back to 3.2 with cios downdrader, and i thought it was a coincidence guess not oh well i'm tring any region changer now and let you know if it helps!!!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ltkort said:
WiiPower said:
Ltkort said:
Ok, i have softchip, but when i try to load my backup with the 249 it gives a code dump!

Which revision does it say your IOS249 is at?

REV 7

Then if you are using DVD-Rs or DVD+Rs with bitsetting to dvd-rom, your .iso is bad or your burn is bad. Update your burner's firmware if possible, don't burn slower than 4x and use high quality media.

Ltkort

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Ltkort said:
WiiPower said:
Ltkort said:
Ok, i have softchip, but when i try to load my backup with the 249 it gives a code dump!

Which revision does it say your IOS249 is at?

REV 7

Then if you are using DVD-Rs or DVD+Rs with bitsetting to dvd-rom, your .iso is bad or your burn is bad. Update your burner's firmware if possible, don't burn slower than 4x and use high quality media.

It is not the game, because all my other games also doesnt work with softchip (then i get code dump) and they do work with gamma, except mario and sonic olympic games!

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
fixed mine!!!!!!!!!! yeahhhhhhhhhh!!!!
i'm living proof that you should never overwrite ios's delete 1st!!!!!

sorry lost my head a bit there!!

o.k this worked for me with the "could not read disk......" error mid game, use any tittle deleter and delete ios249 and then re-install it with wanin's or wiigator's cios installer, simple as that, but you've got to delete 249 1st because that was my problem i installed with wiigators installer this morning then later on installed wanin's over the top of it and have had problems ever since

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i lied
wacko.gif
, i'm still getting the error and it can not be a coincidence that the day i have to upgrade 3.4 then downgrade to 3.2 to fix a stupid error on my part (i deleted ios 33 and couldn't re-install it with multi cios installer because i didnt realize i was using ver .23 not .24 like the spaz i can be sometimes
blink.gif
) since then i keep getting the "could not read disk......" error mid-way through a game,
so now i've hatched a plan
smileipb2.png

i'm gonna downgrade to 2.0x with cios downgrader then upgrade with the mrs wii fit to 3.1x then use anyregion changer to bump me back up to 3.2 might sound pointless but f@@kit, why not

Awesome turtwig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works fine for me. I have a 3.2U wii, and a ntsc-u game disc. Just under gamma (or whatever backup loader you use) and force PAL.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome turtwig said:
Works fine for me. I have a 3.2U wii, and a ntsc-u game disc. Just under gamma (or whatever backup loader you use) and force PAL.

thanx for the enlightning post, if you read the topic though you'll see it worked for me too for about 2 months , on pal wii 3.2 and pal COD5 then i upgraded to 3.4 today then back to 3.2 and still didnt work even with a re-burnt disk so i deleted all custom channels but not the HBC and deleted all ios's i added via wad's ie ios16 and ios37 then downgraded to 2.0x then updated with wii-fit to 3.1 then i installed wanin's cios249 rev 7 then i updated with anyregion changer to 3.2 and installed starfall with all hacks bar the top 2 (no health screen and region free GC) and still i'm getting the error

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...