Hacking Mario and Luigi RPG 3 (Japan) Protection Check Bypass!

Boo_Mansion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pache said:
Boo_Mansion said:
Now, I don't know anything about YSMenu, but is it possible to use it on M3s? That might work, then again, maybe not. Hopefully cracker or someone can figure out what's making it not work...
Oh, that's right. YSMenu work with M3? Mmm... I don't know how to use YSMenu anyway.
wacko.gif

But... We can try, no?
Hm, I guess not then. Looks like we're stuck here, and even if they do release a new firmware, I'm really paranoid that they won't release one for the M3 perfect, since the last firmware update was last summer I believe...

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, looks like i wont be playing this for a few weeks (Sakura Triple loader ftw), i pray none of this months U.S releases have this type of piracy protection (Dragon Quest 5, Blue Dragon Plus etc), first major gripe i have had with my M3Real so far

Boo_Mansion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I've pretty much lost hope in this now. I've never had something I couldn't run on my M3 until now. Meh, back to sprite ripping and not being able to enjoy the game I guess...

Pache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I third that, my M3 Real ever works very well... This is my first time with headache. I'm a INCREDIBLE big fan of M&L series. Dam you AlphaDream.
hate2.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
Meh, looks like i wont be playing this for a few weeks (Sakura Triple loader ftw), i pray none of this months U.S releases have this type of piracy protection (Dragon Quest 5, Blue Dragon Plus etc), first major gripe i have had with my M3Real so far
DQ5 will almost certainly have protection since the Japanese game did. The question is whether it will be more protection than there was already. As I recall though, the piracy patch had no problems working with all flashcards.

Boo_Mansion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pache said:
shisno said:
AK fix. Maybe works on others.
What I should do with that file? Thanks.
Same question, when and where do we apply this patch?

Anyone want to go ahead and test it with a few settings? I tested it by itself and got a black screen when loading the game, but it loaded fine in desume, and didn't load in No$GBA at all.

duomaxwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, patched rom loads, but hangs on a black-screen after you select a file for a new game and white-screen on the second main option on M3 Real with M3Sakura, with or without bypass code applied. At least its SOME progress.

Boo_Mansion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duomaxwell said:
Okay, patched rom loads, but hangs on a black-screen after you select a file for a new game and white-screen on the second main option on M3 Real with M3Sakura. At least its SOME progress.
Actually, we've been here from the start...

Hate to see that we're still stuck at the select file screen.

Boo_Mansion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shisno said:
Maybe this patch works for m3. Can't test it myself. m3 patch?
Screen goes black after creating/selecting a file... D= I tried with the patch alone. Does the patch include the code or should I use DSATM to add that in before/after the patch...?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
micky,
i hope i am not going to offend anyone, whether this game works for me or not it doesn't matter because i won't be playing this game much like many others
however, i am glad it works because we got a code that can run on flash cards like r4 + yasumenu , DSTT , Ak2 , Supercard and others...
but Upset because of m3, edges and some other card users, can't play this game for the time being

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paul3100 said:
Without having to read through the 25 pages can anyone tell me if its working on the SCS1 sdhc?

If so how?

cheers, paul

Yep, works on al 3os's for it y's,dstt and scds'1, all you have to do is enable the cheat fix and also dma for scds1 menu.

bastlwastl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
shisno said:
AK fix. Maybe works on others.

the ips fix shisno uploaded works on my fireline!
yaynds.gif

now i got past the first fight but am stuck when you have to use the special attack.
(no special attack block in the fight.)
where did you get that fix?
maybe it inserts the old cheat into the rom and not the updated one Narin posted later.
i tried DSATM but it gives me a black screen at file-select...
could someone please post the updated ips?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You seem generic