Gaming Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story (u)

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
take the actual rom of M&L3 and change the name to xpa-mal3.nds and then place it in the same folder with the patch and then run the Bat file and it will make a new file which is the patched rom and u just put that on your micro...

AniDanny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
take the actual rom of M&L3 and change the name to xpa-mal3.nds and then place it in the same folder with the patch and then run the Bat file and it will make a new file which is the patched rom and u just put that on your micro...

Still white-screen. When I ran the batch file, it read:
"Patching...
xdelta: expected from file of length 134217728 bytes
Done"

I'm not sure if that means it "worked" or not... it created a new file xpa-mal3-cracked.nds, which is 0 bytes in size.

Edit: It might be that I'm using an already-patched version of the game, and the batch file expects the unpatched version. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find an unpatched version anywhere.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone knows if there is a fix for the SuperCard DS One? I tried patching my rom with the AR code but I can't seem to patch it successfully. I read that the current patch sometimes makes you lose your save... If there isn't I guess I'll wait for a proper fix.

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gamerjr said:
I FOUND A SOLUTION A ROM WHERE IT WILL WORK FOR ANY DS!!!!
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=180441
ITS JUST ONE GAME COME ON!!! I KNOW ALL OF YOU BOUGHT GAMES BEFORE THAT WERENT ILLEGAL. This game is very good and well worth the money.
Most certainly. Most games are. But I don't like to accept that Nintendo has won against the R4 crowd. And they have done such a bad job at anti-piracy code in the past that I am baffled they seem to have beaten the pirates.

jay001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this sounds stupid i just joined here and i'm no hacker or if somebody even suggested this already but, the japanese version of the game works, well it does on my r4 can't a hacker open up the script well the writing of the game and switch the text on the japanese one and put the english text on it? its no fix but at least they'll be able to play right they did it for platinum and even heart gold and soul silver even though its not 100%. like replace the japanese text and add the english one cuz all everybody want is to translate it right? anyway i'm just saying, sorry again probably stupid i'm new here don't really know things around here.

AniDanny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AniDanny said:
syko5150 said:

Still white-screen. When I ran the batch file, it read:
"Patching...
xdelta: expected from file of length 134217728 bytes
Done"

I'm not sure if that means it "worked" or not... it created a new file xpa-mal3-cracked.nds, which is 0 bytes in size.

Edit: It might be that I'm using an already-patched version of the game, and the batch file expects the unpatched version. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find an unpatched version anywhere.

Okay, I found an unpatched version, applied the patch, and now the game actually starts up. Unfortunately, it still freezes when I go to select a file. =\

brajin126

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I pretty much gave up. I really wanna play this game, but since there is still no R4 fix and we don't know if there will be one, I just decided to order an Acekard 2i since it seems to work on there. It's dirt cheap and at least I can use a HC SD card now. Plus the interface is a bit more user-friendly...

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone successfully beat the game with the patched version on AK2i using AKAIO 1.4.1?

It was working great for me, but when I got to Bowser's Treasure Chamber about 14 hours into the game, it locked up twice.

Red-Blue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:
Mortenga said:
lol @ R4 owners

First off, I'm a R4 owner. And I haven't made ONE post asking for a patch for this. Honestly, it's because I'm patient and not stupid. They aren't stupid because they own R4's, they're stupid because they're just stupid. Now all you fuckbags who think you're at the top of the fucking piracy food chain can post this in your sigs with a big "LOL LOOK AT THIS NOOB LOL", you're fucking welcome.

I'm sick of people walking around with their small, child sized cocks out thinking that people with R4's suck or that R4's in general suck. You know, they're not full of the bells and whistles of a Cyclo or an Ackerd, but who the fuck cares? 99% of games work on them with a patch, the only game ringing a bell in the 1% is this one (and even then, a patch will be made eventually). I know I'm SUCH a noob for not having all the pointless features a Cyclo has. I guess I'm just sensible enough to not spend over $50 on a flashcart when I can get one that does what it's supposed to do (and reasonably well) for under $20. Boo hee fucking doo.

I'm getting all pissed off at the R4 hate in general. It gets even worse when these releases come out that throw a monkey wrench in the R4. It's not a perfect cart, but it's good and it works. All the hate isn't entirely the fault of the R4 haters, it's also the fault of the dumbasses that somehow have R4's. Don't immediately assume because some noob says "HELP DOESN'T WORK ON R4 PLZ SEND FIXXX!!!!" that the R4 is dumb. People are just stupid.

As for other anger-involving stuff: Wait for the Goddamn patch. I haven't even booted up this game and I've wanted to, trust me. But I'm actually patient. If anyone has their heart racing waiting for a patch, your life is obviously so dull that you're waiting for a game to be pirated. That's really fucking sad.

If you're so excited about it, go fucking buy it. I'm pretty sure you can spend the $35 that you get from mowing lawns or whatever jobs you do when you're 10 years old to buy it. That'll help solve your excitement. Stop being so fucking dependent on flashcarts. If a game doesn't work, it's YOUR responsibility to either wait patiently or go buy it. Simple as that. Sure, people are kind enough to make patches, and you better pray on your bed covered with Naruto sheets that they do, but if you keep nagging, maybe one day they'll delete all their patch work and say "Make it your damn selves".

Also, I wouldn't be surprised in this type of anti-piracy is thrown into Spirit Tracks. They obviously did a very good job on this one (enough that it's been almost a week with some carts not being able to run it), so they might consider improving it even more and using it on Spirit Tracks. Seeing as it's the next (perhaps the last) big DS game of this year, Nintendo will definately want some way to avoid it getting pirated, atleast for long enough that people say, "Fuck it, I'll buy your game, Nintendo."

cool story, bro

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
any EDGE users use the patch given at -snip
i managed to get to the 2nd boss battle when you save luigi, but it locks up at a black screen when you beat the boss.

anyone here gotten further on an EDGE doing other methods?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
jhoff80 said:
Did anyone successfully beat the game with the patched version on AK2i using AKAIO 1.4.1?

It was working great for me, but when I got to Bowser's Treasure Chamber about 14 hours into the game, it locked up twice.

I did. No problems at all (except the known graphic corruption @ upper screen). @ Akaio 1.5 it doesn't need patches or codes anymore.

About the graphics corruption, is there no clue of what causes it?

uzi

Trophies
XP
Country
ok weird.. i put in new 1.5 akio in and game loads with soft reset on .. click to play new file and i just get black screen .. no cheats enabled aswell... untouched file

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
uzi said:
ok weird.. i put in new 1.5 akio in and game loads with soft reset on .. click to play new file and i just get black screen .. no cheats enabled aswell... untouched file

Tested here at Akaio 1.5 + clean trimmed rom with soft reset on and new game worked fine, try copy the game file again.

uzi

Trophies
XP
Country
ok formatted put new files in ---- worked

enabled cheats -- black screen after selecting file =[

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
uzi said:
clean trimmed? never heard of that how u go of that

ive tried 3 diff sources files of this game,,, i was playin my patched game but thecheats wont work on that since the id's get missed up

Wrong terms. An unpatched rom, just trimmed =P. Clean trimmed rom really sounds weird
rolleyes.gif

uzi

Trophies
XP
Country
just weird lol works 1 min no cheat...enable cheat and stops working lol

might be 1 of the cheats im using that stops it and crashes it .. ill just do exp cheat... that seems to run the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1