GyroidFanatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ragingchaosgod said:
I kinda wonder if anyone's crazy enough to try...
Look for the text in the english version... port it to the Japanese version... apply patch...
It's still a ton of work, though.
That's actually how the PSP guys are getting around Disgaea 2's new firmware requirement.

holoflame

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, my R4 and I are gonna wait. To kill time I'm gonna play Heart Gold

(Finally got Entei on my route, my game freezes
blink.gif
)

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daddy24 said:
I've already tried the Xenophobia's patch,but I still can't start a new game,even on my AK2i with AKAIO.
wtf.gif

Did I do something wrong ?

You did do something wrong,im playing it on my Acekard 2i with Akaio. I would send the rom to you with the patch on it,but you know I cant =(

(Im about to beat the game,that shows the patch works through the whole game. Great job patch makers
happy.gif
)

laughingmisterj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
braggy said:
well doesn't all nds games have a text directory? if so the text documents should be somewhat the same no? so wouldn't it be much like a copy+paste job?

Ever watch a dubbed live-action Japanese movie? You see how someone will talk for 10 seconds, and then the subtitle will say, "Yes. Good idea"? Same principle. Japanese and English writing take up different amounts of space, and this can screw things up bad. I.E, text running off-screen, or graphical glitches. Not to mention the fact that some text is in a graphical format. (Pictures, not words)

Translation is a monumental task, and translating Japanese to English is actually just the easy part.

Asok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laughingmisterj said:
braggy said:
well doesn't all nds games have a text directory? if so the text documents should be somewhat the same no? so wouldn't it be much like a copy+paste job?

Ever watch a dubbed live-action Japanese movie? You see how someone will talk for 10 seconds, and then the subtitle will say, "Yes. Good idea"? Same principle. Japanese and English writing take up different amounts of space, and this can screw things up bad. I.E, text running off-screen, or graphical glitches. Not to mention the fact that some text is in a graphical format. (Pictures, not words)

Translation is a monumental task, and translating Japanese to English is actually just the easy part.

This, basically. Someone should put this in the OP, so everyone can quit suggesting "COPY PASTE DA ENGLISH INTO DA JAPANESE ROM!!!" Heck, Mother 3's script had good translations found on the internet for over a year before the game itself was patched to English. If it were that simple to just c+p it, it would've been done.

Also, guys, Superstar Saga is still really fun. Just play that for now.

sonicboom510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heck yeah, Super Star Sagas, in my opinion, was way superior than Partners in Time. If no one had played any of the previous Mario and Luigi RPGs, I would definitely recommend you play the first game before you check out the third game.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I 've played both the first and second Mario & Luigi RPGs. Both were good. The 2nd one was much boring with all the adult and baby switching.

Because I like the stories on both of them I really want to see how they got to work together like this...

And since I got a R4 I probably wait for a story walkthrough or a youtube playthrough to see it
frown.gif

pioquinto111

Trophies
XP
Country
if this does not work in the R4, then will it wor on the R4 clones??
Even if they are clones they are still ahead of the R4 in some ways since the R4 doesn't update anymore.

PS. I'm using an N5DS

BigLord

Trophies
XP
Country
*sigh*

I hate to be joining the bandwagon here, but my DSTT, as you know, still can't run the game, and a friend of mine has a different cart and taunts me with it. "Haha I can play this awesome game and you can't"

I'm not asking "PLEASE TELL US IS IT BEING DONE!?" but... the guys who are working on the DSTT fix will try to post the finished job here ASAP... right? I can make a habit of coming here once a day.

Shad0wninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On another type of forums I was at, I found out something..Interesting.

Now, this person, has bought the game, after giving up hope of the R4 Patch. And..When he inserted the game, he claims to have said, that the piracy lock is still applied!
He has tried it on a whole other Nintendo DS (The one, that has never loaded the game before), and said that it has worked.
Hm...
What could this mean?

Anonymous said:
I dont know why my earlier post was deleted. Anyway, I have some interesting news for R4 users. Like most of you I have tried without success playing this game using R4. I caved and bought the game itself (yes I paid good $$$ for this game). To my shock and disbelieve it is still crashing and freezing at the fight scenes !!!!!

However, it works FINE if I use it on a different DS system that has NEVER seen the downloaded version of this game. I reset the other DS by removing the battery but it is still freezing! What the heck did the downloaded ROM do to my system. Now it can't even play the store bought game!!!!

Any thoughts? Please help. Thanks.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say it means he's either talking out his arse and trying to scare people into thinking that the protection might wreck their DS, or he's got a faulty cartridge port on the DS he's been running his flashcart on.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shad0wninja said:
Anonymous said:
I dont know why my earlier post was deleted. Anyway, I have some interesting news for R4 users. Like most of you I have tried without success playing this game using R4. I caved and bought the game itself (yes I paid good $$$ for this game). To my shock and disbelieve it is still crashing and freezing at the fight scenes !!!!!

However, it works FINE if I use it on a different DS system that has NEVER seen the downloaded version of this game. I reset the other DS by removing the battery but it is still freezing! What the heck did the downloaded ROM do to my system. Now it can't even play the store bought game!!!!

Any thoughts? Please help. Thanks.

L. Oh. Fucking. L. There's nothing more reliable than a random quote by an 8-post newcomer of some anonymous guy whose post (the same one quoted) was deleted before and he was obviously too much of a jackass to realize he was making dumb posts. Someone call the New York Times, you've got your new news source here!

I'll go with "Talking Out His Ass" for $500, Alex. Awesome! Daily Double!

BigLord

Trophies
XP
Country
I sure goddamn hope the game doesn't wreck the DS lol. It's highly unlikely though. It's more likely than the guy is lying for some reason.

laughingmisterj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it's being insinuated that the DS has a memory set aside for recording when a Slot-1 card is inserted, and then this causes the DS not to boot retail cards? And that Nintendo suffered from magical temporary amnesia and decided to implement it only now?

I stand corrected. This is stupider than "Emulate no$gba on the DS" guy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo