ROM Hack Mario and Luigi 3 USA Freeze

hpspectre

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like that Drian117. the one i got from romulation doesnt work, i get a black screen. if you could give me what you are using ill add it myself. but do i need 1.5? or 1.55? firmware. i diddnt even think there was a 1.55 . thanks

Yutrzenika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knarf said:
Is there a fix for Acekard 2i latest official firmware? I tried one crack but it just started in a white screen. Without the patch just can't open up a save file...
I'm having the same problem...still. We seem to be ignored in terms of this issue.
I patched it and everything, all I get is the white screens when I start it up.
Could it be because of the latest firmware that bypasses the 1.4 update?

Skint

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit.

Alright so I switched that new system folder with the old one on my M3, and I did the ROM patch thing, I can load the game and select a file and everything but after I select a file the screen stays on black.

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong/how to fix this?

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skint said:
Dammit.

Alright so I switched that new system folder with the old one on my M3, and I did the ROM patch thing, I can load the game and select a file and everything but after I select a file the screen stays on black.

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong/how to fix this?

Don't patch it. The update is meant to fix the raw ROM with no patches applied.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um...!!!!!

I've read somewhere on the r4ds subforum about firmware conversion. mayby we can load the m3real firmware as a .nds file!

where is r4ncrypt? (think thats wut its called)

Posts merged

um...!!!!!

I've read somewhere on the r4ds subforum about firmware conversion. mayby we can load the m3real firmware as a .nds file!

demitrius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, R4 users. You would think mommy and daddy would give you enough allowance for you to buy something new. Take the hint.

MiTek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirm success using AK2i/AKAIO proper 1.4.1 and the standard fix that's been floating around. No save hangs, no white screens. Tried it on the last AK2i official firmware with no luck, finally switched to AKAIO 141 and it swings like a charm.

MLWW

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Posted at Romulation's topics:

I hate to crush you guys' hopes, but I had a talk with elixirdream a few hours ago (he's the one who announced the patch here). He said the code they were making seriously broke some things and they decided to give up on it. And the people who are making the code do not like to release patches anyways since it makes the flashcard developers become lazy and just steal the code for themselves WITHOUT CREDIT.

So the current R4 fix I knew about (which also was supposed to work on all cards) is no more apparently. It's a good thing they tested it before releasing it. I hear it messed some stuff up.

Anyways, believe me or don't believe me, I don't care. I wasn't the one making the patch anyways. Neither was elixirdream. I never even had it.

I don't really know what to think about it, but I already bought an M3DS Real for an awesome deal just now ^>_>^

xbones090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MLWW said:

I hate to crush you guys' hopes, but I had a talk with elixirdream a few hours ago (he's the one who announced the patch here). He said the code they were making seriously broke some things and they decided to give up on it. And the people who are making the code do not like to release patches anyways since it makes the flashcard developers become lazy and just steal the code for themselves WITHOUT CREDIT.

So the current R4 fix I knew about (which also was supposed to work on all cards) is no more apparently. It's a good thing they tested it before releasing it. I hear it messed some stuff up.

Anyways, believe me or don't believe me, I don't care. I wasn't the one making the patch anyways. Neither was elixirdream. I never even had it.

I don't really know what to think about it, but I already bought an M3DS Real for an awesome deal just now ^>_>^

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
whate hell i just going to buy a acekard 2. screw r4

Went

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The R4 team stopped making updates last year. I don't think they could get lazier than that, and the fact that they are not releasing any more updates makes the "the flashcard developers become lazy and just steal the code for themselves WITHOUT CREDIT" really stupid, since they stopped working on the code last year e_e

wdowell84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that r4sdhc just got a firmware upgrade on august 29th to help with the Japanese version of Mario and Luigi. So it may still be possible that they'll update it again to fix the USA version.

MLWW said:

Where did you buy it at? I was looking online but didn't know what a good website to use was.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
someonewhodied said:
um...!!!!!

What you're talking about is converting the M3 Simply firmware to the R4, but seeing as the M3 Simply firmware was just a recoded R4 firmware it would be pointless.

QUOTE(Went @ Sep 16 2009, 10:18 AM) The R4 team stopped making updates last year. I don't think they could get lazier than that, and the fact that they are not releasing any more updates makes the "the flashcard developers become lazy and just steal the code for themselves WITHOUT CREDIT" really stupid, since they stopped working on the code last year e_e

I think what he meant was the flashcart developers stealing the IPS path/AR code for their firmware, there's more than just the R4. There's plenty of carts still getting updates, not every flashcart company stopped working on their firmwares last year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now