Hacking Mario and Luigi 3 and KH 352/8

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Okay so i just downloaded an up to date cheat.dat and when i go to activate the game fix on mario and luigi 3 it says that it only works with acekard and cyclo ds.

2. Also with kingdom hearts the game just freezes after selecting difficulty

3. I got a FF:echoes of time rom off youtube which worked but now every time I enter "The Tower"(final dungeon I presume?) the game freezes. The rom size is something irregular like 115.69MB if that means anything? I'm so annoyed about this one because I have put so much time into it. I really hope I'm not screwed here?!

So can anyone help me out?

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay i looked there and I have to say its all a little confusing. I downloaded 2 links and the file "ysmenu.nds" was nowhere to be found in neither. Then its going on about patching using dldi tools?!

Its not very foolproof!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nezkeys79 said:
okay i looked there and I have to say its all a little confusing. I downloaded 2 links and the file "ysmenu.nds" was nowhere to be found in neither. Then its going on about patching using dldi tools?!

Its not very foolproof!

It's foolproof, just not idiotproof. Don't go blaming YSMenu because you're obviously incompetent enough to not even be able to find one of the thousands of guides for fixing either Kingdom Hearts or BIS.

For Kingdom Hearts, you need to patch it or hex edit it. Go Google the U fix. It works fine on my R4.

For M&L RPG 3, you need to use the DSTT unofficial firmware with YSMenu. Go find YSAuto (Search button), the unofficial firmware (floating around on a bunch of guides which you obviously ignored or via search button), and follow the steps. I made YSMenu firmware and it didn't work for me (although it works for others), but it works if you use it as your moonshl loader. If you can't even use the simple instructions of YSAuto then you don't even deserve to play the game.

I could give you links to where to find patches/guides, but you need a little practice with the Search button, Google, and common sense.

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
er actually that thing you linked me to had no instrutions just the link to a bunch of files for "ys". I did search this site for a guide to get it working but when it says download this file and find "ysmenu.nds" and its not there I kind of lose interest. Its just unclear and bad instructions in my opinion.

Also when it says "use the dldi patcher tool" but doesnt tell you how to use it that again is stupid.

Its like buying some piece of furniture from argos or something and just getting a diagram of the assembled product with a not saying "make this"

Ad_Enuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nezkeys79 said:
er actually that thing you linked me to had no instrutions just the link to a bunch of files for "ys". I did search this site for a guide to get it working but when it says download this file and find "ysmenu.nds" and its not there I kind of lose interest. Its just unclear and bad instructions in my opinion.

Also when it says "use the dldi patcher tool" but doesnt tell you how to use it that again is stupid.

Its like buying some piece of furniture from argos or something and just getting a diagram of the assembled product with a not saying "make this"

Its dead simple.

1. Download the modified R4YSauto with DSTT 1.17a07 found HERE and extract it. It contains a folder called r4ysauto.

2. Download the file *snip

3. Place "YSmenu0903270000.zip" you just downloaded and place it inside the folder called r4ysauto, so that it is in the same folder as r4.bat and all the other files.

4. Run r4.bat and follow the on-screen instructions.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Why is so many people hooked on using YSMenu?! Theres a new firmware released for R4 on www.r4i-sdhc.com, R4i V1.11b and it plays them all fine, im using that firmware NOT YSMenu, and they play good as, YSMenu ISNT the only answer

Ad_Enuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
outgum said:
Why is so many people hooked on using YSMenu?! Theres a new firmware released for R4 on www.r4i-sdhc.com, R4i V1.11b and it plays them all fine, im using that firmware NOT YSMenu, and they play good as, YSMenu ISNT the only answer

Because the last update from that website was the 5th of July and last bug fix was 3854. That's way out of date. And I bet it doesn't play either Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days not Mario & Luigi - Bowser's Inside Story to name but two newer releases since 3854 which is about 400 releases approx!

So for those two reasons alone, your R4i firmware is still out of date and doesn't as you claim play everything.

That's why everyone is hooked or rants about YSMenu.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Last update was several days ago. Both of those games were fixed. They aren't "outdated".

And Outgum, you need to stop telling anyone that has a R4 card to just download that firmware. It only works on the 2 cards that the site says it works on.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
outgum said:

That work twith the original R4? :>

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got it working...but didnt follow any instryctions given on here because the links either contained corrupt files or didnt tell you about ds_menu.dat etc.

I just youtubed ys menu and did it straight away with their instructions

Posts merged

by the way mario and luigi works now but kingdom hearts still gives a black screen after selecting difficulty.

Any suggestions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission