Mapping tool, similar to Etrian Odyssey's

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by swatsinger, Jul 6, 2011.

Jul 6, 2011
  1. swatsinger
    OP

Newcomer swatsinger Newbie

United States
    I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but at a glance it seemed like the most appropriate.
    I'm looking for a Nintendo DS homebrew utility that allows me to map out a dungeon, sort of like Etrian Odyssey does; with a touch-to-map square grid and a note-taking/symbol system (I.E. "this picture represents a door" and "hit this small arrow on the map to find out what's hidden here"). This is for Dungeons and Dragons, to make it easier and quicker to map out a game.
    I've been looking for awhile for something like this, does anyone know of anything?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I have never seen such a DS homebrew and the closest I think you will get is one of the touch screen doodle programs (which a pen and paper will do just as well for if not more so as the screens are not exactly big on the DS).

You might be able to twist some existing homebrew to this end (some of the roguelikes) but that will involve fiddling with code.

3. bahamut920

Member bahamut920 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    On the other hand, if you have a laptop you can bring to your games, there are plenty of freeware PC programs that do almost exactly what you want.