Many PlayStation users are reporting being banned for no reason.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sony what the fuck first they discontinue the discovery servers screwing them people over and now banning people for no reason at all. they are getting more and more like nintendo every week!

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds like a false positive hit in like an anti cheat function that gone haywire
yeah in the new gamelinked video they´ve said this was due to an update to cs2 but there isnt cs 2 on ps4 atleast most of the banned users got unbanned

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Using a VPN has absolutely nothing at all to do with not being banned.
Using a VPN has nothing to do with PSN ban.
both of you missunderstood i dont ment that u cant avoid bans with a vpn

ive ment that i never got banned even when im using a vpn because the guy before me asked if ip spoofing could be the reason

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am glad i haven't given sony any money since the ps3/vita.
Mistakes can happen, but the fact customers are being treated like shit with cryptic answers, no second thought, assumed guilty with no recourse to prove their innocence tells you a lot about the people running soyny nowadays.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
both of you missunderstood i dont ment that u cant avoid bans with a vpn

ive ment that i never got banned even when im using a vpn because the guy before me asked if ip spoofing could be the reason

Thank you for clearig that up. Makes sense now.

Ip spoofing won't prevent a psn ban.

Except that's not what they're saying.

there was a t missing

Your English was correct the first time. "Can" was the proper word to use. :)

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Today, many PlayStation users reported having their accounts banned on the PSN, sparking confusion. When reaching out to PlayStation support, all they get are cryptic answers like “This account is permanently suspended from PlayStation Network due to violations of the PlayStation Network Terms of Service and User Agreement.”
Have you been affected? What are your thoughts?

Happened to many Xbox users too when recording Baldur's Gate 3 scenes and sharing them elsewhere.

Reactions: BigOnYa

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am glad i haven't given sony any money since the ps3/vita.
Mistakes can happen, but the fact customers are being treated like shit with cryptic answers, no second thought, assumed guilty with no recourse to prove their innocence tells you a lot about the people running soyny nowadays.
Damn you just reminded me that I'm the same. The Vita was the last Playstation console I actually owned and used. Their new consoles just don't appeal to me for some reason, and even their PC ports are meh.

Now I'm curious to find out if I got banned too? I don't pirate games, but I do homebrew stuff. I haven't signed in to PSN for years, so if I did get banned it must have been due to some false positive, or a retroactive ban for homebrew. I'll need to dig up my email/password for it though

EDIT: nvm lol, I forgot the fake birthday I used so I can't reset my password.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This is one of the reasons why piracy exists - you paid for a game/dlc and now you can't download it. That's why people prefer hard copies of games. This also seems to be happening alot with PSN now. I wonder how many will sue for their money back?
Nintendo can ban the cert of a physical card and then that card render un playable, that's beyond intrusive.
Post automatically merged:

Ip spoofing won't prevent a psn ban.
no prevent, cause is the issue.

Reactions: mrdude

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what sux about being in a ecosystem where you get pushed around by this so-called ''terms of service'' they use to revise at will to suit their selfish convenience. Guess we'll all be pirates and hackers sooner or later anyways

Reactions: Pachee

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Nintendo can ban the cert of a physical card and then that card render un playable, that's beyond intrusive.

That's probably why people dump them to xci and then convert to nsp and have hacked switches to install them on. TBH if you look at the history of gaming on the different system from PC/consoles in the last 40 years, it's a good thing that piracy does exist as we can play games from way back in the day until the most recent games. As for PC quite a few games run much better with the copy protection removed, so for the end user it's better to run the pirated game some of the time. Just wait until xbox/playstation/ninty close servers - lots of these games for legit paying users are lost forever but for the pirates this is not the case. I have loads of games from the 360 games from xbox live that are not available anymore, same for PC. As for amiga games and the gameboy era - pretty much everything is available online thanks to people that pirated and cracked these.

A thing that grips my shit about these people that whine about game piracy is that 99.9% have downloaded/streamed or watched a movie that they never paid for, same as those that downloaded music or did something else illegal. If we were all honest with ourselves and others we can pretty much all say we have "not paid for" something at one point or other.

Reactions: BigOnYa and ZeroT21

aoikurayami

dysfunctionally intimidating
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

Altho they rarely do so. i think

The switch is a telemetry monster after all.
Furukawa's Nintendo is a control freak company...

Probably cheated in some online games with a cronus zen :rofl:
Doesn't help.
We still don't know what that emo company is smoking

If not for SquareEnix, Sony'd be worthless...

NGL, this generation (Series X, PS5, and Switch) has pushed me into PC gaming. None of them are worth supporting anymore.
I suppose I have a steamdeck laying around for similar reasons...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto