Many PlayStation users are reporting being banned for no reason.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today, many PlayStation users reported having their accounts banned on the PSN, sparking confusion. When reaching out to PlayStation support, all they get are cryptic answers like “This account is permanently suspended from PlayStation Network due to violations of the PlayStation Network Terms of Service and User Agreement.”
Have you been affected? What are your thoughts?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O man, this is widespread. There is alot of pissed off people right now. They are blocked from all they're paid content and paid games, and being told by Sony to create a new account and re-purchase everything. No reason why banned and no appeals allowed either. Permanant ban. I'd be pissed too. Bet Xbox sales increase because of this!

Reactions: CoolMe and Zero2kXp

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I am using the same ps3 account when the ps3 got hacked for the first time and it was ok to download them and go online.

My ps5 account still have the backup ps3 games trophies lol.

I hope they don't banned me.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone got a hunch about what they did wrong?

surely sony doesnt just ban players out of no where
Most are ofcourse claiming they never did anything to get the ban. Some even claim they are out thousands of dollars, in buying PS games in the past, and that they are now being screwed over by Sony. The bans started yesterday, and are growing more and more today.

Reactions: rantex92

Beetlejuice90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can shit-talking online on PSN lead to a ban? I heard they wanted to crack down on it even with surveillance.
PS: I am not the one shit-talking but I have been insulted by a clan who joined my lobby on CoD and threw insults at me to which I responded to.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can shit-talking online on PSN lead to a ban? I heard they wanted to crack down on it even with surveillance.
PS: I am not the one shit-talking but I have been insulted by a clan who joined my lobby on CoD and threw insults at me to which I responded to.
if thats the case 99% of cod lobbys will be empty and half of sony´s customer base will be gone

that wouldnt be logic for sony to do

my hunch thirdparty controllers,adapters something like that

Reactions: BigOnYa

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Even that would be too harsh imo. Why not bring out a new firmware update that makes these accessories unusable?
afaik they cant some of those aim cheat adapters need an original controller to spoof the checks

so that in the end the console thinks its just an normal controller

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh crap, that's scare me and let me check mine.

Update: It looks like I'm not banned.

I don't know about why some people got banned for no reason.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is one of the reasons why piracy exists - you paid for a game/dlc and now you can't download it. That's why people prefer hard copies of games. This also seems to be happening alot with PSN now. I wonder how many will sue for their money back?

Thank god most of my games are physical copy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto