Hacking Manually updating romfs.bin for backups

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you have the decrypted base, you can now run the command to merge with the update, using the titlekey for that update. Hactool does not let you use two titlekey, which is what would be necessary if the base wasn't decrypted.
But I never needed two keys to merge update with base, just the update key ._.

kevin_1351

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
can someone help me find ARMS update
Stardew was a pain to update

First extract both nsp's and rename the largest nca's as stardew.nca and update.nca

Then run the command below

This outputs a plaintext base nca - no need for titlekey to work with it

then to merge the update to the base, using the command below or use @Assasin1990 's
Update_NCA.bat

this will create an updated and combined romfs.bin and exefs folder. use with your favorite layeredfs nro

Code:
hactool.exe -k keys.ini --titlekey=[insert titlekey for base] "stardew.nca" --plaintext=NCAID_PLAIN.nca

Is enough. You don't need the rest.

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Help with merging more than one update? please? xD

Well my finding on the "Partition Type" mismatch proved that the merging only takes place if both .nca files 'Section 1 = RomFS partition type'

Issue I am still having is with all the DLCs having Section 0 as RomFS partition type... so i can merge .nca Section 0 with .nca Section 1

i can create .bin files from both .nca... but then can i merge 2x .bin files together? if so, then im sure DLCs can work

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my finding on the "Partition Type" mismatch proved that the merging only takes place if both .nca files 'Section 1 = RomFS partition type'

Issue I am still having is with all the DLCs having Section 0 as RomFS partition type... so i can merge .nca Section 0 with .nca Section 1

i can create .bin files from both .nca... but then can i merge 2x .bin files together? if so, then im sure DLCs can work
what about the good old copy /b command? xD that thing merges files just because!

what about the good old copy /b command? xD that thing merges files just because!
This is what I got note how it created a file called "stream" in the exefs D:
upload_2018-7-3_23-21-56.png

borngborn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So will this work with sx os and update my xci without having to go online

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

borngborn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't update XCIs magically, you can't even use hacbuild since you can't yet use custom NCAs
So i cant use this to update my games are you using sxos or the donor method when loading your games aftrr installing these updates

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
It feels really good to update games!
Just updated Wolfenstein II and it popped from 13 GB to 23 GB!
Btw dlc install becomes a pain if your regions don't match!

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It feels really good to update games!
Just updated Wolfenstein II and it popped from 13 GB to 23 GB!
Btw dlc install becomes a pain if your regions don't match!

wait are you saying DLC installation is possible? (via LayeredFS... not using SX OS)

because from my Xenoblade DLC finding.. hactool doesn't merge the nca files because the sections mismatch

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
wait are you saying DLC installation is possible? (via LayeredFS... not using SX OS)

because from my Xenoblade DLC finding.. hactool doesn't merge the nca files because the sections mismatch

You need to extract them as folders. The DLC can be extracted alone and will be merged with the existing romfs folder of the base game + the update.

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to extract them as folders. The DLC can be extracted alone and will be merged with the existing romfs folder of the base game + the update.

hmm i dont quite follow... are you able to provide steps?

I'm able to extract the DLC .nca file into a folder, but how do i merge with the game?

Last edited by HoTsHoTz79,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1