Hacking Manually updating GAMES breaking EmuNand?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure its kind of a mess though.

Ok, so here is what we are going to do. Its a bit of a slash a burn, but at this point I wanna see if we can get a working system at all, and then we can start trying to narrow down the problem.

I assume you have a backup of the contents of the sd card already? If not go ahead and make one. Simply copy all of the files and folders to a folder on your PC.

Once that is done, delete everything EXCEPT the following folders/files:

/3DS/
/luma/
/Nintendo 3DS/
/updates/
00040000000EDf00.sav
menuhax_imagedisplay.bin
menuhax_padcgf.bin
ropbinpayload_menuhax_USA12288_old3ds.bin
slot0x25KeyX.bin

Inside the /3DS/ folder, delete the following folders if they exist:

/decrypt9wip/
/emunand9
/luma3ds/
/rxtools/

From the updated releases of Decrypt9WIP and Emunand9 that I had you download earlier, copy the /3ds/ folders to the sd card, overwriting/merging if prompted. Do not copy any other files, JUST the /3ds/ folder and its contents.

Download the following files:

Luma3DSv5.5.7z
starter.zip

From the Luma3DS archive, copy the /3ds/ folder and Luma3DS.dat to the sd card and overwrite/merge when prompted. Do not copy any other files/folders EXCEPT Luma3DS.day, /3ds/ and its contents.

From starter.zip, copy the boot.3dsx file to the root of your sd card. Do not copy any other files or folders except boot.3dsx.

Now attempt to boot the console. It SHOULD launch menuhax and load straight into the homebrew menu. If it does, try to load decrypt9 or emunand9 from there. It may take two or three tries/reboots to actually launch the program(s).

Last edited by Aroth,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ tried that, homemenuhax gets stuck on a red screen everytime so far. 5 out of 5 times.

Hmm, sounds like a bad payload. Can you bypass menuhax and load sysnand, then load the homebrew menu via another method? (browserhax, ninjhax?)

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah my bad, on the initial boot.
Hmm, that is odd. Only suggestion i can make is to download the latest menuhax installer (its 3.0 now i think) and reinstall menuhax, but that would require internet to use browserhax.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do me a favor and rename the boot.3dsx file on the root of your sd card to boot_hb.3dsx. Next open the luma3ds zip file, then copy the luma3ds.3dsx file to the root of your sd card. Rename that file to boot.3dsx and try to boot the 3ds.

edit:

Its like 5:30 am so I am dead on my feet. Let me know how the boot.3dsx file swap works and I will get back with you in the afternoon after I get some sleep.

Last edited by Aroth,

hisagishi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, that is odd. Only suggestion i can make is to download the latest menuhax installer (its 3.0 now i think) and reinstall menuhax, but that would require internet to use browserhax.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do me a favor and rename the boot.3dsx file on the root of your sd card to boot_hb.3dsx. Next open the luma3ds zip file, then copy the luma3ds.3dsx file to the root of your sd card. Rename that file to boot.3dsx and try to boot the 3ds.

edit:

Its like 5:30 am so I am dead on my feet. Let me know how the boot.3dsx file swap works and I will get back with you in the afternoon after I get some sleep.

Just tried that and nope, still red screening. I'll fiddle around with it some more and get back to you later on. Thanks for the help.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried that and nope, still red screening. I'll fiddle around with it some more and get back to you later on. Thanks for the help.
Hmm, the constant redscreen suggests that your sysnand is either not on 9.2 anymore or your payload is corrupted.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@hisagishi

I apparently gave you some misinformation. You need to copy the Luma3DS.dat file from the Luma3DSv5.5.7z file to the root of your sd card as well. Try doing that and booting the console.

hisagishi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I think I fixed it as I am now in the luma configuration menu. I reverted to my original setup. I didn't know you needed to add the Luma config to the top of the list so it would autoboot into it instead of RXtools, I didn't know it was list based. I also updated to the latest version of CTR which probably helped alot as I was using the one from before you could change the colors. I can now see the luma entry in ctrbootmanager which is good. Oh and I ran check disk on the sd and it was finding cross linked entries(?) so I decided to say screw it and just went with a full format instead of a quick format. Reran checkdisk after that and it showed no problems.

In short, it works now. I'm gonna try installing some games and see where that leads.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: maybe tomorrow lol