ROM Hack Making an intro for my hack!!

SKJmin

Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello everyone
smile.gif

I think almost everyone here on GBAtemp knows me already...

I'm the guy who makes the "New Super Mario Bros. 3 Hack"!
http://gbatemp.net/t226778-new-super-mario-bros-3-hack

I'm finished with my work "so far" and need the very last step to complete the hack!!
An intro! It must not be animated or something else, I only want to put a text inside!

The intro should appear before the Nintendo logo!
For the upper and lower screen of the DS!

I'm sure, thousands of members here are waiting for my final patch, so it would be cool to help me out fast
biggrin.gif

I'm not a coder nor haved coed anything in my life (just some C++ but thats useless here)

So, if you can help me, then write it so that every noob understand it
smile.gif

*Sorry for the bad english, but it should be enough to understand my request, shouldn't it!?

Thanks in advance!!
SKJmin

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can put in static image intros with crystaltile2. If I were at my comp right now I'd give you a better idea how but I'm not... If you want to just give me a top and bottom image I could do it in a matter of minutes.

SKJmin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
Poryhack said:
You can put in static image intros with crystaltile2. If I were at my comp right now I'd give you a better idea how but I'm not... If you want to just give me a top and bottom image I could do it in a matter of minutes.

I've downloaded the tool but it looks very complicated, and I dont wanna destroy my gamde, even when it's a copy
tongue.gif

I really need a tutorial for doing that
frown.gif

When are you at your own computer?
Could you reply me on MSN?
If yes send me a PM please
smile.gif

Thanks

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK here's the process: Open your ROM with CrystalTile2, got to Tools > NDS Filesystem. Then in the new window that pops up Edit > NDS AutoLoad Modulus Editor. Now click the button labeled "Intro..." and another window will pop up, just click OK and you'll be taken to where all the magic happens. This window will let you choose images for each screen and specify a wait time. After you've browsed to the images click add and then insert.

SKJmin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
Damn I'm getting an error....
When I do the steps you have counted it shows me an error... "Get interface failed"

Screenshot:

The problem is I have builded the version on my own, downloaded the files on GBAtemp somewehere and after opening it, it reported me a lof of missing DLL's...

I had to search and build them in manually from different sites...
Do you know the solution of the error above?
There are some red Zeros "0" in the boxes, maybe changing them to soemthing, but to what
tongue.gif

(Could you send me your working Crystal Tile Folder?
biggrin.gif
)

Edit:
Thanks so much for your hrelp my dear friend!

SKJmin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
Pushing... I need some help
tongue.gif

Is here noone who can solve this "puzzle"
biggrin.gif

Need just a damn non-animated pic before the game starts....

SunBey

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello SKJmin,

im not sure if it is helpfull but you wrote that you don't have any experience
in programing.
So here is something i found maybe that helps a little bit (maybe in HEX-Editing).

http://board.romresources.net/board6-romha...m-starterguide/

i'am still looking around for some other helpful thinks so you can finish your amazing "Hack"
wink.gif

so i can play it allong the original......

P.S. sorry to the Admins that i wrote in German first!!! "Reading the Rules first is IMPORTANT" so a double sorry
wink.gif

Greetings SunBey

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Sie haben Englisch zu sprechen bitte
(You have to speak english on this forum, its a rule)

QUOTE said:
We are an English speaking community. Please post in legible English ONLY.

oh btw I'm really excited about your patch. Good luck with whatever of it remains

SKJmin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
@SunBey
Sorry but there is nothing about making an intro, it explains some other stuff but not the correct info I need! But thanks for your help^^

I'm sure a lot of guys would help me when it would be a game called POKEMON!
Sorry it's just Mario!

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
you need to find that missing info by viewing the nds file system then nef symbol file - then generate the missing symbols GX_init and Fs_readfile(or what ever it is), look through that list and find the missing item write it down somewhere (offset specific)- then you can do the intro thing but it looks like you already have...

SKJmin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
rastsan said:
you need to find that missing info by viewing the nds file system then nef symbol file - then generate the missing symbols GX_init and Fs_readfile(or what ever it is), look through that list and find the missing item write it down somewhere (offset specific)- then you can do the intro thing but it looks like you already have...

I'm feeling like a total idiot now
frown.gif

Tried but coudln't find some of your called steps...

Trying more, maybe I'll get that damn intro someday...

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rastsan said:
I see the menu you're talking about but this generation I'm stuck on. GX_Init is not on the list coming out of an unmodified ROM (however there is a GX_InitEx) and I don't quite understand how to go about adding it. Generate gives me a an NEF and a TXT file but I'm not seeing how they help.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I've tried it three times. It has to do with the rom you edited it from. I need to get my own dump of smb3 and see if I can find the symbols that way. I know I said I would try, and I did. Give me some more time.

The editor itself maybe to blame too...
eh gotta go to work, will try again on this tommorow. sorry for not getting this to you too quick.

SKJmin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
rastsan said:
Well, I've tried it three times. It has to do with the rom you edited it from. I need to get my own dump of smb3 and see if I can find the symbols that way. I know I said I would try, and I did. Give me some more time.

The editor itself maybe to blame too...
eh gotta go to work, will try again on this tommorow. sorry for not getting this to you too quick.
I can't even get it to work with the original roms, E/U/K tried all)...

QUOTE(GameChamp98 @ Oct 31 2010, 11:01 AM) I tried it too... You must write the right Offsets, that is the only thing what you must do... Then you can change the images. Now we only have to find them out
biggrin.gif

Yeah, but what are the correct offsets...
I think this is a long far way to get it o work...

Maybe asking this question on more boards, but I don't knowother board
frown.gif

Shame...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it