Hacking Majora's Mask/OOT NTSC Sound/Framerate Issues on PAL Wii

RedChocobos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the PAL versions and they work fine, but I am looking to get the NTSC versions working on my PAL Wii. I have tried them both doing the Priiloader Region Free Everything mode, and converting their version with FreeTheWads, but both of these have resulted in poor framerates and sound issues. Other users of the same .wads have said that they have no issues. I was told to install using IOS53, however MMM says that there is an error.

Any help would be appreciated.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ntsc n64 wads will still force 50hz when installed on a PAL wii, you can use THIS custom nand loader if you like, or just install PAL version games. If others say ntsc wads work fine on a PAL with without frame/sound issues they probably havent even tried playing the games.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's a know issue with this game.
I think it was official noted in the booklet from GC collection disc.
The same emulator id used by nintendo.
Also be prepared for the game to crash occasionally also.

miihackwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have played this game, from start to finish 4 times and it has not crashed once. To get mine to work I used free the wads and set it to PAL, using the region free option it would not work.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have played this game, from start to finish 4 times and it has not crashed once. To get mine to work I used free the wads and set it to PAL, using the region free option it would not work.
You must be lucky.
Still, this has been officially confirmed by Nintendo in the past.
It's even in the booklet. It has something to do with their emulation and conversion to the collectors disc and VC game.

This is form some years ago, and from my own personal experience.
http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/virtual_console/majoras_mask_vc_sound_problem

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6854/t326679-majoras-mask-freezing-problems/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm curious.... Is PCSX2 compatible with normal web cams emulating the EyeToy....