nice update, looking forward to it
laugh.gif

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WataruKun said:
Let's just say you guys can expect a big patch coming either today or tommorow.

It'll also update some text that previously wasn't translated(Like the Apricorn Case guys dialogue).

The patch will probably let you finish Goldenrod, but if I move fast enough, it could be all the way to Ecruteak.

Wow your translating really fast
biggrin.gif

Nice job!
yay.gif

shadeselfen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:

It'll also update some text that previously wasn't translated(Like the Apricorn Case guys dialogue).

The patch will probably let you finish Goldenrod, but if I move fast enough, it could be all the way to Ecruteak.

Wataru, I want to thank you for your work on this translation, i only joined up for it (always said that gold, silver and crystal were the best of the games)

Looking forward to the update,

P.S one question, are you going to update the Players name font? I use shade as my name and it looks outta place with the rest of the text, not a big deal but thought i would ask, thanks again

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shadeselfen said:
WataruKun said:

Wataru, I want to thank you for your work on this translation, i only joined up for it (always said that gold, silver and crystal were the best of the games)

P.S one question, are you going to update the Players name font? I use shade as my name and it looks outta place with the rest of the text, not a big deal but thought i would ask, thanks again
Got nothing to do with that. It's got to do with the fact because of how the game is coded, you have to use Two-byte Japanese characters for your name. So yeah, unless anyone knows how to fix the name limit, it can't really be helped without recoding the game.

LeperMessiah8

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a quick question; u say that you have stopped translating the dialogue (which i'm not saying is bad), yet u say thet people should be capable of reaching goldenrod/ ecruteak with the next update. how
tongue.gif
?

NEVERMIND I got mixed up with translations >.

wazzzzza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
uhmm...does it work on R4s? or any flashcarts?

i dont think this has been mentioned on the posts i've seen so i don't think it does, but i just want to double check =S

ZackZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
shadeselfen said:
WataruKun said:

Got nothing to do with that. It's got to do with the fact because of how the game is coded, you have to use Two-byte Japanese characters for your name. So yeah, unless anyone knows how to fix the name limit, it can't really be helped without recoding the game.
Even with that being the case, the names are still functional for the time being. Names can always be updated again to take advantage of a hacked workaround that is found later. Just means we have to suffer with some stranger-looking English characters in our trainer names, that's all.

Finnboghi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LeperMessiah8 said:
wazzzzza said:

this hasn't been mentioned on the posts i've seen so i don't think it does but i just want to double check =S

works with almost any flashcart =D

Indeed.

I've heard it confirmed that it works on AK2i, I've seen it work on no$gba, and I can confirm that it works on my R4.

A different translation crashed at one point, but this one has worked perfectly for the 4 hours I've played it.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wazzzzza said:

i dont think this has been mentioned on the posts i've seen so i don't think it does, but i just want to double check =S
works perfectly on my EDGE with 1.5 firmware.
on the other hand, it crashed every 5 minutes when I tried it on No$GBA XD

shadeselfen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can confirm it works with R4 perfectly (and with ar codes to boot
tongue.gif
bye cydaquil, hello torchic, mew, espeon, skarmory, lucario, squirtle
yaynds.gif
)

Avalith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
ot nothing to do with that. It's got to do with the fact because of how the game is coded, you have to use Two-byte Japanese characters for your name. So yeah, unless anyone knows how to fix the name limit, it can't really be helped without recoding the game.

You can edit the name using Pokesav and it will have no adverse effects on gameplay.

wazzzzza: It works perfectly on my CycloDS.

jackbirkby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to confirm (seeing as the above posts deem it necessary) that the patch should run fine on Supercard DSONE (SDHC OS 3.0 SP8, not tested with DSONEi or the original cart), Rumble series (mini SD Firmware 1.89) and standard series ( Mini SD w/ firmware 1.85)

If I get a chance to test it on any of the other carts then I will post my results.

Fo0d2Go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:

thats really cool, thx for all ur hardwork. i really appreciate u giving ur time to do this.

P.S. how do i know if its been updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to