ROM Hack Magnius's Pokemon Soul Silver Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
lol i like the suggestion that petspaps has given however plz don't ditch this project jk
tongue.gif

@TTNH from what can understand i think he's playing the Soul Silver as he's translating (I think he mentioned somewhere in the earlier pages)..

oops almost forgot WataruKun will u be using romruto's logo's anytime in the near future for any of your patches I'm sorry i have asked this before but since i didn't get a reply hence i'm asking again (for the last time though)..

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Nice job Wataru..
btw,can you make a progress chart ?
I would like to see the progress...
I am just hoping,not forcing
biggrin.gif

Thanks

poptdp

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TWO questions....

1- if your name is Watarukun, y is it called Magnius's translation?

2- this might be a bit much to ask, so im not pushing or if u cant do it, forget i asked, but is it possible to translate the GTS? i would like to do some trading over the global trade station and wen i tried it, i had no idea wat i was doing lol. i THINK it is in goldenrod...

thanks!

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ahme said:
@Watarukun
is the patch up to Goldenrod City?
No it's up to Bugsy. One thing you'll have to know is these patches are meant to be played from the start, not from wherever you may be in the game. You'll also appreciate the work a lot more if you play them like that.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
Ahme said:
@Watarukun
No it's up to Bugsy. One thing you'll have to know is these patches are meant to be played from the start, not from wherever you may be in the game. You'll also appreciate the work a lot more if you play them like that.
Well that would turn some people off as I've seen some here stopping at some point and they will only carry on when your next patch arrives...

Arshin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
R2DJ said:
WataruKun said:
Ahme said:
@Watarukun
Well that would turn some people off as I've seen some here stopping at some point and they will only carry on when your next patch arrives...

I think he warned them that it will just be beta release patches.So...
smile.gif

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Arshin said:
R2DJ said:
WataruKun said:
Ahme said:
@Watarukun
I think he warned them that it will just be beta release patches.So...
smile.gif
Exactly, these are just test patches so far. Basically the point is, you test up to a point and tell me what you thought of it.

However, playing up to Azalea Town is like a good hour or 2 of gameplay in itself(2 Gyms, Slowpoke Well and the Sprout Tower too).

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ahme said:
how about the next patch? can we use its savefile for the future patches?
Perhaps but don't take my word for it.

Things that'll be new in this patch...

Most Azalea NPC's translated.

A lot more items translated.

Most basic item descriptions are translated.

More menu stuff is done.

You can play up to Azalea's Gym and the Rival Battle text is also translated.

A little more stuff is translated at Sprout Tower.

Mart stuff is 99% translated.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Pokemon Soul Silver English Translation Patch V2 is out!

Get it here...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y96e1u

or here...

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6f3f07e...04e75f6e8ebb871

How do I patch it?

1. Open up the provided Xdelta GUI.exe which is supplied for you. To open this, you need Xdelta.exe, which is provided also.

2. Go to the patch tab.

3. Go to "Select Patch" and select the patch file which is provided.

4. Go to "Select Rom" and select your clean, unedited rom dump. The dump that would probably be best to use is the Xenophobia dump of Soul Silver.

5. Go to "Apply Patch".

Now it's going to take a while to apply the patch, so don't expect it to finish applying the patch instantly.

After it's applied, a patched version of your rom should show up in the same folder as the Clean one. This patched rom should be "121 MB" which yes, is smaller than the original rom.

Notes

This patch will currently only work on Soul Silver and not Heart Gold.

Where does it end?

Well the furthest you can go playing it in English is the Rival Battle in Azalea Town. The Gym as well as the Rocket dialogue is translated as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.