Hacking MadWorld Help?

• Thread starter Deleted-188346
  • Start date
  • Views 1,700
  • Replies 14
D

Deleted-188346

OP
Hey guys, just before I start, I want to say thankyou to everyone who will post help for me here, it's very much appreciated!

OKAY. Basically yesterday I went and got my Wii chipped with DriveKEY (I think! It might have been D2CKey, but I'm quite sure it was DriveKEY). Now, all they did was install the chip, they didn't do anything else whatsoever. Now, I am new to the modding scene. So far I have (ahem), backed up my "copy" of MadWorld, yet, at first all I got was a black screen.

Now, I have followed a few guides, and I have used Wiiscrubber to extract the .dol file out of the ISO, and I removed the 002 and 001 errors, and then I put the .dol file back into the ISO.

HOWEVER, now all I get it a "ERROR, turn off the Wii", blah blah blah. Not good!

So what do I do now? My Wii has the chip in it, yet no custom software or anything. I do not know what software to install, or how to install it.
It would be highly appreciated if somebody could give me simple instructions on how to finally get my backup working.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Puppywasher.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
Ah, I've read about that, and I did try and find a way to install them, but I'm stumped.
Could you possibly provide links for the files, and some really quick instructions on what to do?
happy.gif

Regards,
Puppywasher.

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you blocking disc updates? Because the game should install the IOSs needed if you're running it from the disc channel (via modchip). That would install any required IOSs.

Old Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Its against the rules to link to the wads, but if you search google for "newIOSNFS.rar" you can find them or you can use NUSD to download them and pack them as wads.

Title Ids, if you rather use NUSD.
IOS38 - 0000000100000026
IOS53 - 0000000100000035
IOS55 - 0000000100000037

Edit: To install them you need to use wad manager (Can install IOS's, Channels, System menu, DLC). Since you do not have any homebrew running you can either Install the Homebrew Channel using bannerbomb, or just use bannerbomb to run wad manager. To do this you will need an SD card.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
Ah, I see. And how would I go about installing them? I just managed to get the Homebrew Channel on my Wii.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
Alright, well, I have the WADs (thanks!), and I unzipped the WAD Manager into the root of my SD card, created a folder called "wad" in the root, placed the WADS in there, and then put my SD into my Wii.

However, the Homebrew Channel does not come up with anything, except lots of bubbles.

What should I do?

Oh, and no, I am not blocking disc updates, but I did, uh..."backup" a version that does not have updates, lol.
I need the WADS, I believe.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Puppy_Washer said:
Alright, well, I have the WADs (thanks!), and I unzipped the WAD Manager into the root of my SD card, created a folder called "wad" in the root, placed the WADS in there, and then put my SD into my Wii.

However, the Homebrew Channel does not come up with anything, except lots of bubbles.

What should I do?

Oh, and no, I am not blocking disc updates, but I did, uh..."backup" a version that does not have updates, lol.
I need the WADS, I believe.

Make a folder called APPS and place the WAD manager folder in there ! Leave the WADS in the folder you made. You might also need to rename the .DOL to BOOT.DOL if that isn't already the case.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
I did what you said, however, still nothing appears in the Homebrew channel.
Just to make sure I'm doing it right, in the root of my SD, I have a folder named "APPS", a folder named "wad". In the "APPS" folder, I have the unzipped WAD Manager, and in the "wad" folder, I have the WADS?

It didn't work, nothing appeared in the Channel part, another the Homebrew Channel was still blank.

And I did indeed rename the .DOL file to "BOOT.DOL".

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lexip; said:
Do you have IOS38, IOS53, & IOS55 installed?

He said he patched the disc, so if the game uses one of these and i'm sure it does, it won't work. Do NONE of the modchip users know about trucha?

D

Deleted-188346

OP
Well, I've installed the WADS, however the Wii still tells me to turn off the Wii when I insert MadWorld.
Any more suggestions?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do seem not to understand my last post. *sigh*

If you patch the game in ANY way, it's trucha signed. This means both the IOS used by the system menu(3.2: IOS30, 4.0: IOS60) and the IOS used by the game(Madworld, IOS38,53 or 55) have to have the trucha bug. All IOS above IOS36 never had the trucha bug, so if you did not install a patched version of the correct IOS, your patched disc will not work.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
Well, I do not know the ins and outs of what the Trucha bug is, and quite honestly, I don't really want to know. All I know is that I have a modchip, and that people have gotten MadWorld working, and I would quite like to get MadWorld working.

Sorry for not being amazing when it comes to the Modchipping scene, but I've only had my modchip for under 24 hours, lol.

So, before I learn the theory behind game protection and modchipping, I'd quite like to simply be able to play my game, lol.

So, I'll recap on what I've done:

- I've got the Homebrew Channel (although it doesn't really do anything so far).
- I installed IOS38, IOS53, and IOS55.
- I've removed the 001 and 002 errors on my MadWorld ISO using Wiiscrubber and GenericWiiPatcher.

What else do I need to do? =]

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try an unpatched disc. Seriously, you need either to understand what i wrote, blindly follow some guide, use softmod methods, or
update via nintendo, never patch discs in ANY way and only play games from YOUR region.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Puppy_Washer said:
So, before I learn the theory behind game protection and modchipping, I'd quite like to simply be able to play my game, lol.

They kind of run hand in hand and you will need some kind of knowledge as more future games and updates could throw these problems at you again and also some bad advice that you follow blindly could brick your wii.

Loron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
WiiPower said:
Try an unpatched disc. Seriously, you need either to understand what i wrote, blindly follow some guide, use softmod methods, or
update via nintendo, never patch discs in ANY way and only play games from YOUR region.

I agree, just burn the game 1:1 without patching it and it should run just fine! Make sure it's the same region though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search Google