Tutorial MACycle - The Improved MAC Changer for HomePass!

Do you guys want to try an Open Beta with MACycle 2.00?

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By any chance anyone meeting the same people on multiple times in a day? I set the seconds to 900 and put the Mac to random but for some reason meet some of the same people I met earlier about 2-3 Macs ago.....

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Okay i have some good news people. After following the guide very carefully I have it FINALLY WORKING!!!!!
Woooo celebration!
Now I'm running windows 8.1 (64 bit) and I'm using a wifi USB dongle TP link TL-WN721N its pretty cheap and I was laying around.

A bit of advice for people who cant get it working on windows 8.1 make sure you have the latest drivers. At first I plugged in my wifi dongle and it was working fine for connecting to wifi networks but when i tried to start hostednetwork in cmd my pc rebooted randomly and it happened always. So i downloaded the latest drivers for my wifi dongle and now everything works fine. So make sure you have the latest drivers cause it seems most problems are with drivers.
If you need anything just ask I'll try to help if i can :)

anothergc

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have a mac list about 400 address, can you add all of them into the software please?

I think even though one mac address costs only 1min, the 400 address can still take you about 7h for a cycle and can let you meet more Miis.

Thank you.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
okay this is odd i need some help please it was working fine i ran it cycled through all the macs and waited the next day to run it again but now i cant connect with my 3ds to the attwifi when the 3ds tests the connection it fails on the first part. i can confirm that the network is running and it was working fine yesterday so whats the problem now i did everything the same?
im using a usb wifi on my pc using win 8.1 64bit
help please

EDIT UPDATE:
I've restarted my computer and tried it now and it seems to be working again. Not sure what fixed it but something in windows is messing up I'll try to locate the problem. I've been going through posts and it seems like the biggest issue here is windows(for people who use it ofc).

DanielC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By any chance anyone meeting the same people on multiple times in a day? I set the seconds to 900 and put the Mac to random but for some reason meet some of the same people I met earlier about 2-3 Macs ago.....

I also meet a lot of the same people even when set to random.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Okay, so after a ton of inactivity on this, I hope to pick back up on this and add said features. I'm going to pick through the thread here for bug reports and whatnot, and try actually getting onto 1.21 like I hoped.

Reactions: DarkKnigh_t

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Alright, not quite time to get excited, but here's what I've done so far for 1.21 1.30:

1. Added Start/Stop Hostednetwork buttons (yay!)
2. Removed the reliance of the .exe.config file and added an INI file (And it supports saving AND reading of settings!!! Woooo!!!), which means it won't die if the settings file is missing, and will just make it on first run.
3. Re-enabled the Nintendo World button and drop-down with a warning.
4. The "Welcome to MACycle" message will now only show up ONCE on first run. After, it'll add a new setting in the INI and will never be seen again unless you delete or modify the config file.
5. Rearranged the tabs to make more sense (Now that I know how to rearrange them lol).
6. Added titles to some message boxes.
7. For messageboxes in which something fails, it will have "Error 01" or "Error 02" to help with debugging, troubleshooting, and fixing bugs in the program. I plan to add more error numbers in as well so I can locate issues when troubleshooting for users to fix bugs.
8. Added a button for macshift to restore your original MAC address (Equivalent to running -d on macshift).

Planned:
1. Pause/Resume (How? Not sure yet. Haven't started.)
2. Define your own list of MACs and go through them randomly or sequentially. (This is a tad higher on my priority list.)
3. Fix reported bugs (Only one or two, surprisingly.)
4. Code optimizations

If you guys wish, feel free to PM me with icons for the program, as well as a logo for the program. I'd like to have one of each, and the best ones that are submitted will be used!

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
this sounds amazing :) i have a little esthetic suggestion. when the cycle finishes and when the message pops up that its done in the little popup window could you add the name of the program in the title of the popup window. its nothing important just something to make the software complete :)
the pause and resume buttons would be nice additions since when i cycle through the mac on my windows 8.1 sometimes i lose internet connection on my attwifi which is coming from my wired connection that im sharing so i need to stop the cycle and reshare my wired connection with attwifi and start again. not sure where the problem is coming from but its random after a few macs and to me it seems like windows 8 problem :/

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
this sounds amazing :) i have a little esthetic suggestion. when the cycle finishes and when the message pops up that its done in the little popup window could you add the name of the program in the title of the popup window. its nothing important just something to make the software complete :)
the pause and resume buttons would be nice additions since when i cycle through the mac on my windows 8.1 sometimes i lose internet connection on my attwifi which is coming from my wired connection that im sharing so i need to stop the cycle and reshare my wired connection with attwifi and start again. not sure where the problem is coming from but its random after a few macs and to me it seems like windows 8 problem :/

I've added those changes, as well as a few others, I'll be adding those to the previous post. I have yet to actually test it on 8.1, but perhaps I should make sure my configuration is still intact so I can debug the app properly. I did use it on Windows 8 originally (Hence the screenshots) so it might just be a quirk with your setup.

Edit: I am now working on implementing the ability for users to make their own list of MAC addresses. I'm working on saving/loading first, then implementation of them to swap and be set will come second. Once I'm done that, well, I got a few more things to do (Like testing and whatnot).

Edit 2: Saving of MACs now work properly. Let me give you a quick rundown of the save format.

The file is saved to a standard XML file. The following is an example saved from my latest beta:

macs.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--This XML file is generated by MACycle 1.30. This can be shared with others if you create sets of MAC addresses for other users.-->
<MAC_Addresses>
<MAC_Address>0123456789AB</MAC_Address>
</MAC_Addresses>
MAC addresses are saved WITHOUT colons (Working on that as of now, but it will be in there before I release. Removal of colons are for compatibility with macshift, which does not take colons, to the best of my memory.). These files do not use any keys, so you can make up sets of MACs for other people (ie: Blue shirt Mii XML, XML for specific games, etc). The parent, MAC_Addresses, stores the children, MAC_Address, which is the target for loading. Using this template, you can create your own set of MAC addresses in advance of 1.30 so you'll be ready to go.

As of now, however, I'm still trying to implement loading. It's proving tricky, but I'll eventually get it working. It took a while for .INI saving/loading to work, but I hackishly did it.

Edit 3: I can't put a filter in for the MAC list, so I'll have to trust that people know what they're doing. I may implement a filter down the road, but that's lower on the priority list.

michael2016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been trying to get this and various other MAC cyclers to work but no matter what I do, my PC drops the hosted network as soon as a MAC address is entered into the device properties. This happens when done manually or by a cycler. I get a message that the host or something isn't in the right group or condition. If I go into properties and remove the MAC address, the hosted network pops back up. Needless to say, without the hosted network maintaining connection after changing the MAC, it's impossible to get a Streetpass hit.

Can anybody that has had a similar problem please help me?

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I've been trying to get this and various other MAC cyclers to work but no matter what I do, my PC drops the hosted network as soon as a MAC address is entered into the device properties. This happens when done manually or by a cycler. I get a message that the host or something isn't in the right group or condition. If I go into properties and remove the MAC address, the hosted network pops back up. Needless to say, without the hosted network maintaining connection after changing the MAC, it's impossible to get a Streetpass hit.

Can anybody that has had a similar problem please help me?
i had that when my wifi donggle didnt have the latest drivers installed try searching for the latest drivers for your wifi device

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have something weird going on.

I managed to set up a virtual adapter in windows 7 for my 3DS to connect to, nintendo zone icon and everything.
However when I tell Macycler to start, it flips out and gives me a BSOD with ndis.sys apparently being the culprit.
To make it even more fun, it then gets stuck in a BSOD boot cycle until I yank out the wifi adapter.

Does anyone know whats going on?

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have something weird going on.

I managed to set up a virtual adapter in windows 7 for my 3DS to connect to, nintendo zone icon and everything.
However when I tell Macycler to start, it flips out and gives me a BSOD with ndis.sys apparently being the culprit.
To make it even more fun, it then gets stuck in a BSOD boot cycle until I yank out the wifi adapter.

Does anyone know whats going on?
BSOD happens most of the time because of driver incompatibility I had that happen to me when i tried netsh wlan start hostednetwork and i got a bsod. Look for new drivers don't use the generic windows ones. Go to your wifi manufacturer webiste and download the latest ones and update them in device manager manually.

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well now the problem is that I can not boot up windows with the card installed.
So something got all screwed up and I cant really get to it..
And even if I could, I have no idea what to do to it to make it not cause a BSOD.
I can see if I can boot up in safe mode (with network), but then what..

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well now the problem is that I can not boot up windows with the card installed.
So something got all screwed up and I cant really get to it..
And even if I could, I have no idea what to do to it to make it not cause a BSOD.
I can see if I can boot up in safe mode (with network), but then what..
Remove all previous drivers for the wifi card and then install the latest ones from their website. Its obviously a driver problem.In safe mode try to remove all the drivers.

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For some reason it managed to boot up after shuffling the card around some PCI slots a bit.

Unfortunately I don't know the exact brand/make because I salvaged it from an old Dell computer.
It has an Atheros chipset, and IDs itself as "HP 802.11b/g Wireless Network Adapter".
Does anyone know of a generic driver I could install over it to see if it works?

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
For some reason it managed to boot up after shuffling the card around some PCI slots a bit.

Unfortunately I don't know the exact brand/make because I salvaged it from an old Dell computer.
It has an Atheros chipset, and IDs itself as "HP 802.11b/g Wireless Network Adapter".
Does anyone know of a generic driver I could install over it to see if it works?
Mine too is an Atheros chipset most of them are and when you have generic drivers installed it will say atheros card in device manager. I couldnt change macs or start hostednetwork with that but it did work normally for wifi. I updated the drivers and now in device manager its called TP link wireless.... and now i can do everything. Did you try checking on the card if it has any writing on it? Any name whatsoever?

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I figured out what card it is (anatel wn5301a), and im having trouble finding out what driver it needs.
I thought I found one, but during installing, it freaked out and gave me another BSOD.
Why does wifi always need to be such a nightmare on windows..:nayps3:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users