Tutorial MACycle - The Improved MAC Changer for HomePass!

Do you guys want to try an Open Beta with MACycle 2.00?

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted-236924

Why won't the attwifi network show up on my 3DS?

This is what I get by following the instructions on the other thread by Chaldron:

tMi3Drp.png

Edit: Okaaaaay, well... I changed nothing and suddenly it works.

Edit2: As soon as I press "Start", it gets stuck on "Switching to the next MAC. Please wait...", my Wi-Fi card turns off and won't turn back on until I restart my pc.

Since it sounds like I can't change the MAC address on my Wi-Fi card without it going kaput, I added its MAC address to the Google doc (MACycle had changed it, but I did a system restore and it restored its old MAC address), I suppose I'll just use that for the time being; I may go and get an USB Wi-Fi stick in order to get MACycle working with it.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Edit2: As soon as I press "Start", it gets stuck on "Switching to the next MAC. Please wait...", my Wi-Fi card turns off and won't turn back on until I restart my pc.

Try changing the mac address manually in a command prompt window using the following commands

Code:
macshift -i "Wi-Fi" 4E53504F4F46

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

To restore the default mac address use the following command in a command prompt window

Code:
macshift -i "Wi-Fi" -d

kapnbanjo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i run it i get errors sometimes so i'm not risking it.

Yeah, I've gotten those too. It's always warrior way, and I've not updated my system or Mii Plaza cause I haven't had the time to verify my flash cart will work or not after update.

Last update to Mii Plaza was specifically mentioned Warrior Way stability patch, so I'm gunna guess it's that. Probably will patch tomorrow, we'll see.

additional note, I've had warrior way crash on me 3+ times, just lost my "turn" and that's it, it happens after the save so all the troops I got even carried over.

I'm gunna say based on my experience, you'll be fine, though you may want to update your system if you haven't already unless there is a reason you haven't like me.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MACycler is able to change my MAC address for any of the 160 on the list. However the custom MAC change isn't working for me. Why is this?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
MACycler is able to change my MAC address for any of the 160 on the list. However the custom MAC change isn't working for me. Why is this?
Some macs are not valid. None of my 4 local McD's macs will work on my PC either.

I don't know if it is my network hardware or what that imposes this limitation.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Is there any way to know what addresses are "valid" for my hardware or at least bypass the block?
I don't know, but the source code of macshift has a header file with 'valid macs'. It seems to only apply to the lower 3 bytes though for some reason.

I've attached it below as a txt if you want to look at it.

Attachments

• validmacs.txt
    82.4 KB · Views: 331

Nintendo3dsDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I've gotten those too. It's always warrior way, and I've not updated my system or Mii Plaza cause I haven't had the time to verify my flash cart will work or not after update.

Last update to Mii Plaza was specifically mentioned Warrior Way stability patch, so I'm gunna guess it's that. Probably will patch tomorrow, we'll see.

additional note, I've had warrior way crash on me 3+ times, just lost my "turn" and that's it, it happens after the save so all the troops I got even carried over.

I'm gunna say based on my experience, you'll be fine, though you may want to update your system if you haven't already unless there is a reason you haven't like me.

My system is already updated this is the error i get sometimes even when i play all my streetpass games.
2-2.jpg

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My system is already updated this is the error i get sometimes even when i play all my streetpass games.
View attachment 4431

I actually just got this screen myself, but not while playing any StreetPass games. I was checking my Friend's List because I was grabbing my Friend Code from that screen and I think the Mac Address changed and caused the 3DS to freak out. Does Warrior's Way ping the Internet for any kind of information while you're playing? I don't have the extra StreetPass games so I have no idea.

Nintendo3dsDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually just got this screen myself, but not while playing any StreetPass games. I was checking my Friend's List because I was grabbing my Friend Code from that screen and I think the Mac Address changed and caused the 3DS to freak out. Does Warrior's Way ping the Internet for any kind of information while you're playing? I don't have the extra StreetPass games so I have no idea.

Nope all i get is an error has occurred press and hold the power button.

Infectionform

Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, I just registered an account so I could thank you for this awesome little program!

Secondly, I'd like to add myself to the list of people experiencing random crashes on my 3DS (I have a blue XL) while cycling MACs.
I'm glad it's not just me experiencing this irritating bug, but can anyone elaborate on what causes it?

Thirdly, I'm curious as to how many users there are in total using the system.
I'm cycling my MAC every 120 seconds with a 3 second cool down.
I seem to always get the same 30 or so people, even when using the random setting and at different times of the day/night.
Is this normal or should I be getting somewhere in the range of 100 different user hits?

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, I just registered an account so I could thank you for this awesome little program!

Secondly, I'd like to add myself to the list of people experiencing random crashes on my 3DS (I have a blue XL) while cycling MACs.
I'm glad it's not just me experiencing this irritating bug, but can anyone elaborate on what causes it?

Thirdly, I'm curious as to how many users there are in total using the system.
I'm cycling my MAC every 120 seconds with a 3 second cool down.
I seem to always get the same 30 or so people, even when using the random setting and at different times of the day/night.
Is this normal or should I be getting somewhere in the range of 100 different user hits?

I'd try setting it higher than 120 seconds (a mere two minutes). From what I understand, that means you are swooping in and filling up every MAC Address so that when other people swap to that MAC Address they are StreetPassing you, again, and again, and again. By doing that you are increasing the likelihood of others StreetPassing you repeatedly because you are cycling through them more quickly. I personally do 900 seconds (15 minutes) and while I may encounter some people repeatedly, it is just because like myself they probably leave it running all day long.

Infectionform

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd try setting it higher than 120 seconds (a mere two minutes). From what I understand, that means you are swooping in and filling up every MAC Address so that when other people swap to that MAC Address they are StreetPassing you, again, and again, and again. By doing that you are increasing the likelihood of others StreetPassing you repeatedly because you are cycling through them more quickly. I personally do 900 seconds (15 minutes) and while I may encounter some people repeatedly, it is just because like myself they probably leave it running all day long.

Thanks for the suggestion!
I set it to 900 seconds and it definitely seems to have made a difference, I hit a whole bunch of new people I'd never seen before and also a few of the regular suspects too.

Mr. Horseshoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the great program! Works like a charm. Too bad there are a lot of abusers like M from Ohio and Pengy from Virginia. I always get 4+ street passes from those two idiots even when using random MACs.

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the great program! Works like a charm. Too bad there are a lot of abusers like M from Ohio and Pengy from Virginia. I always get 4+ street passes from those two idiots even when using random MACs.

I would say that this would be an excellent reason to implement a minimum time for each Cycle, but sadly this isn't the only method out there for Homepass so it likely wouldn't fix the underlying problem. There is supposed to be an update to the StreetPass Relays coming very soon (It was just announced) that will give you 6 Miis per visit, so that should mean 6 Miis per MAC Address. Maybe that will help with this issue?

Nintendo3dsDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say that this would be an excellent reason to implement a minimum time for each Cycle, but sadly this isn't the only method out there for Homepass so it likely wouldn't fix the underlying problem. There is supposed to be an update to the StreetPass Relays coming very soon (It was just announced) that will give you 6 Miis per visit, so that should mean 6 Miis per MAC Address. Maybe that will help with this issue?

Cant wait for this update this will be so much easier now^_^

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The StreetPass Relay update was announced during the Nintendo Direct yesterday and I believe they said "In the next couple of days" or something to that extent. What is likely happening is it will be a rollout update so it could potentially take a while for the effects of the update to be noticed.

Reactions: breaktemp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)