Hacking M3Simply/R4DS Skin: Simply Vista 1.0

Which of the wallpapers do you like best?

• Leaf Drops

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deep

• Energy

• Drop

• Desert

• Tropical

• Red Flower

• Plant

• None, I am going to make my own.

• Total voters

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Tony - Very nice skin, however on the rom display page, bottom.. The bottom text area window needs to be extened to the far right side. If you have roms with long names it will look odd.

Would you be willing to share the PSD's with all the elements so someone like myself could make extended area ect. Thanks.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction GCTonyHawk7.

Only modifications i've done so far is to get rid of the windows logo and "japanify" it a bit

images
Wow, how'd you manage to replace the Windows logo? I only have PSP9 but the logo image is just one layer with transparency. I'd love to just have the blue orb and put something on it myself
tongue.gif

Zaago

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Or better a quick how to make those PNGs with those glassy windows and those bars in the bottom just like the Blur Layer Mask included in the readme with icons like the arrow and the WINDOWS logo in bckgrd_2.png.

Those skins looks very professional, good work.

GCTonyHawk7

OP
Trophies
Website
www.revo-europe.com
XP
Country
United States
the only thing i'd like in the template is the alpha blending on the icons.png makes it difficult to remove the "X" button from it. I'm anal, so i don't like the X there, but it's no biggy.

Only modifications i've done so far is to get rid of the windows logo and "japanify" it a bit

2.gif

1.gif

Figured got the "drop", why not use the "water" character?

excellent skins by you, great usage of PS

That looks really cool, thanks for posting it.
happy.gif

@Tony - Very nice skin, however on the rom display page, bottom.. The bottom text area window needs to be extened to the far right side. If you have roms with long names it will look odd.

Would you be willing to share the PSD's with all the elements so someone like myself could make extended area ect. Thanks.

Hmmm, I was somewhat aware of this problem. Although, if it is too long, it is really only because the name of the ROM is way too long. It looks weird if it is much bigger. You could just shorten your rom names, eh?

Here's my first try at a custom wallpaper. I need a proper R4 DS logo though, but you can always stick that on top later.

simplyvistajelbopq5.png

Download | Mirror

Here's the R4 DS cartrigde stripped from the nastyness surrounding it on the R4DS website, with alpha transparency.

r4dswc5.png

That looks awesome, I really like that one. Keep it up.
yaynds.gif

QUOTE(Zaago @ Feb 10 2007, 02:45 PM)
I like the "DROP", thanks.

Can you do a ChangeIcon.png in the Make-Your-Own Kit without the "X" button?

Your wish is my command, here you are:

With Icons
Without Icons

----------------------

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
you're welcome.
I'm actually going to finish up 3 other skins using the whole "Japanify" thing, just to cover all 4 elements. Earth, Fire, Air next and all.

thanks for the "no X" template as well.

As for getting rid of the window logo, i actually created a new layer with a vector circle gradient map and just re-created the vista gradient through color picking and all. Add a small light blue highlight to the bottom of the circle on another layer, and you've got a "fresh" logo area sans-windows logo.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Seriosly I am loving the skin templates you made; I've been trying to think what I'd want for a M3 Simply skin and this hit it on the head. Here's the 4 previews of the "elements" I did quickly today and all. Just for you to see; not offering for download or anything unless you give an okay.

Wind:
windpreviewwe6.jpg

Water:
waterpreviewkz7.jpg

Fire (little bit of a cheat, since vista doesn't have a "fire" persay... so here's a tinted "burned" field):
firepreviewao1.jpg

Earth:
earthpreviewsy5.jpg

DeepFriedAsian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, those are some nice skins, I made a few of my own using your template (also found out my bro installed photoshop in this computer). Keep up the good work, I'll use some of your skins when my M3 arrives...
yaynds.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great work GCTonyHawk7. Just loaded drop as my new skin, and I'm loving it. It jives really well with the new default skin in the updated moonshell release too.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone